-khushi- About Last Night: Email: [email protected]

JalebiJane thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
TO READ:

-khushi- About Last Night: Email: [email protected]Edited by Inked - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mysticmanthri thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
congrats on the new thread!
i am thrilled for you and us readers...
was surprised by the views for the latest update...it kind off tells how successful you have been to evoke such reactions ...
congrats once again...hope you keep us entertained as always!
Edited by mysticmanthri - 11 years ago
-Risha- thumbnail

Woohooo! Thread three Maya ji! Congratulations!

So I thought at first that I would go ahead and write praises and accolades for -khushi- and for your writing abilities in general – may be even pen down a couple of ghazals praising that gold stem that follows the update page, but then I thought that I had already done enough of that and so decided to do something else instead. Since we are all fans of cheesy, jalebi-sweet romance and since I suck at cheap shayari, I decided to tell you exactly what I have loved about this particular prem kahaani and – because they are the most important component of a story for me - its characters. Here is my compilation.

My Favourite Boondi Moment

I could not decide on any one. She is a total cutie-patootie in every faraking scene she bestows her presence in. She reminds me of one of my favourite books "To Kill A Mockingbird" as she is innocence, purity, love, cleanliness and devotion. I think she will be the bonding factor in Sheesh Mahal

My Favourite Aman Moment

Taking Pari out to fulfill her dream. "Everything you are tempted to experience in life, I want you to first experience with me."

All the moments that we have had Aman in are either directly related to Pari or Arnav (correct me if I'm wrong). He, himself, remains pretty elusive and this was the first deeper insight that we got from him where Pari is concerned. The haldii one does not count since we already knew that. So I still remain very eager to know more about him!

My Favourite Pari Moment

The whole marriage sequence.

Every single line that described how hard Pari was working to make the day special for the couples. Her idea of the water theme – 'essential for life', the way she solved the problems at haldi, the way she was proud of the perfect 'V' the brides' dupattas formed, the way she decorated the rooms with such compassion and eye for the brides' personality… Oh and "your prince is here.' <3

Her own marriage was in shambles and yet she spent every working hour to make sure that others gained full happiness out of their own. How beautiful is this heroine's heart? We still don't know what Aman and Pari's wedding day was like but their married life was incomplete, and Pari was in pain because she loved the man she was married to as she thought that he did not love her back and yet… *sigh*

My favourite Aman-Pari Moment

Their consummation scene. "And then – and only then – did he show her that their beginning was only now beginning."

Not just because it was super sexy, but also because it was a landmark for their relationship. From best friends, they were now established lovers. A very properly married couple. It removed the final wall from between them along with the awkwardness and completed their faith in the other's love. (Although I still believe you have a surprise planned in their relationship.)

My Favourite Yash Moment

Yash's declaration. "My intention is to actively court your sister, until she comes to the conclusion that I have more to offer her than what you can write on a piece of paper.

It was everything that Shyam Manohar Jha was not. Unafraid of the brother, no fake 'hum aapse ehsaan nahi le sakte, Rani Saheba'. Not for the money, but for the woman. Yash sparks reverence for him in my heart. He is the sort of man women want to marry. Simple, loving, brave, uncomplicated, giving and strong. I hope I find a Yash some day. And I have full faith in him Maya. He will NOT live on Arnav's charity.

My Favourite Anjali Moment

Anjali's proposal. "Will you marry me, Yash?"

This I believe was the first solid step in her metamorphosis.I loved how she discussed a 'married-for-benefits' possibility. No longer afraid, timid Anjali, but brave, bold, reckless (!) Anjali. I loved seeing this side of her – even if she took back her proposal later on. It was the Anjali who had learnt a lesson from what she had suffered. I think this was the first glimpse of the Anjali you have planned for us. I don't expect her to turn completely reckless, but I fully expect her to learn to let go, to live, to fight for what she loves.

My Favourite Yash-Anjali Moment

The whole Boondi's sickness track. Yash-Anjali up all night. Anjali puts Yash to bed.

This is what marriage is all about, isn't it? To become each other's support, to become each other's sustenance. To look out for your partner and your children. This is the most realistic couple for me and this whole track is what a family should be about and I loved it.  

My Favourite Arnav Moment

When he learns that he is going to be a daddy! "Is it possible? Is it possible that so much happiness could belong to one man? I have Khushi. And now…now, I am to have this…I am to have this as well?! F*ck!"

I don't think I need to tell you Maya ji, how hard it was for me to pick one scene. I have told you numerous times that I love the Arnav you write. I love how you're evolving him. And this, this was magic for me. It felt like a flower blooming open inside my heart, like birds chirping and clouds floating. The man who endeavors to bring happiness to everyone finds it hard to accept and believe in it when he receives it himself. It was beautifully etched. His reaction, his words, his walk to the door. Sheer genius.

My Favourite Khushi Moment

When Mrs Raizada ran away to the Imperial without informing her husband. "Oh, did I neglect to inform you that I moved the meeting time ahead?" Her negotiation with Angelica.

Khushi Kumari Gupta – kicking (especially Arnav's) ass since June 2011.  I love a spunky, 'your-challenge-is-accepted-Mr-Raizada' Khushi and she sure did teach him a lesson here! He was practically begging her in that ASR way to tell him where she was. I loved how she handled Angelica, it made me feel proud to be a woman. ASR would not have given that one compromise to her, but here was Khushi, her beautiful, loving, womanly heart offered a sort of truce, instead of just doing the bitch-slapping and I beamed because that was what Khushi is all about. Oh, and I loved how Arnav turned up there. She controls you, Mr Raizada. About time you learnt that!

My Favourite Arnav-Khushi Moment

Arnav's proposal, "Marry me, Khushi, and I promise that for every day that I make you miserable, I'll give you one stellar day, two excellent days, and three adequate days. The weekly balance sheet will be strong. This I can promise."

It was so hard to decide this one too. You have done so many Rabba Ve inducing scenes that I just felt that I was cheating on them by picking one. But this here, it has it all. Love, humour (We're pregnant!"), confessions, tears, smiles. 'Her prince had arrived to claim her' and in that moment, I was Khushi. I felt her happiness, her joy, her heart that I know must have been bursting with love and passion for her man, felt like my own trying to beat out of my chest. And Arnav, his confession was everything I wanted it to be. It seems cold on the surface but it was exactly the opposite. It burned. With feeling, love, even helplessness at his inability to deny Khushi. Cold on the surface, intense in actual – very Arnav.

I know you are very bored by now but I had to get all these out of me somehow, even though I feel like I have written an OS. Continue writing Maya. You have touched many hearts. You keep something like IPK alive and make it even better. We love you so much!

Cheers!

Your ardent phan-girl. 

Edited by Risha.J - 11 years ago
vgedin thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Girls just wanna have fun! 
farheen75 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Sorry maya haven't been able to comment for a while... Lovely updates as usual, will comment in detail after reading the latest update.
boyznaka thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Thread three! YAAAYYY! 
masam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6

Edited by masam - 11 years ago
LadyR thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
The update was great, Yash and his five points of reason really do impress me with his skills as a father and will really nurture Boondi and her siblings to develop into wonderful reasoning adults. Simple points for a child not to be spoilt  with lavish gifts, but all accommodate boondis needs to pacify her as to why she cannot go with them.

He is proving to be a great partner for Anjali, they complete each others thought process and each other.  Arnav does not handle separation well and Khushi understands him and his anxiety well. Again Yash is accommodating so that the brother and sister never part..
farheen75 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Just read the update and it was fab as usual... Although I am gonna wait for the next update to pass any comment against Anjilli but for now I have to say that Anjilli is asking for big time trouble by putting her hot headed, stubborn as a mule and egotistical brother with her equally stubborn and strong willed husband, hasn't she learnt any thing from her previous marriage? Shyam had the same problem with her brother bcz of her obsessive nature abt her chote and she is at it again... Why can't Khushi impart some sense into Anjilli bcz she understands both the men better than Anjilli... Why is it so hard for Anjilli to live an independent life and is she gonna bring Yash's mother to sheesh mahal as well... Man I feel so sorry for Arnav that he has to live like stranger in his own house.

But u know what maya I want Arnav to refuse this demand of Anjilli and make her see sense but again what I am thinking, Arnav to refuse anything to Anjilli not gonna happen in this life time, no matter how ridiculous she gets he will always indulge her... I hope Yash's mother will put her foot down and make them stay at their own house.
-Risha- thumbnail
Updated page One.

I know it's too long! Don't hate me pileej! 😆