'Talaash' is not inspired by it: Reema Kagti

Kya.Bolta.Tu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Though her second film is scheduled to release later this month after much delay Reema Kagti finished working on it just two days ago. And the director makes it very clear that the repetitive postponings didn't bother her because of the complex nature of the film's story. She also clarifies that her film is in no way inspired by a novella.

Intriguingly, there have been speculations that her upcoming directorial venture, starring Aamir Khan, Rani Mukerji and Kareena Kapoor, bears strong similarities to the crime thriller Act of Providence written by Joseph Payne Brennan and Donald M Grant.

However, Reema rejects the idea and states, "I have no knowledge of the book nor is my film anyway inspired by it. I guess these theories started floating because the working title of my film was Act of Providence for two years before we switched to Talaash."

She further clarifies that it's not a suspense thriller, contrary to what has been touted recently. "It's a suspense drama. When you have this sort of storyline, the mystery adds to the anticipation and people tend to call it a thriller but in my film, the layers keep changing thus adding to the overall drama."

On the buzz that Aamir changed the climax of the film because he thought the previous one lacked the required punch, Reema says, "It's totally false. We went with whatever we had on our final script. There was no tweaking done, whatsoever."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hello_kitta thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Waiting for this movie.

Reena Kagti looks like Jilmil's twin sister in that pic

Kya.Bolta.Tu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: New_nova

Waiting for this movie.

Reena Kagti looks like Jilmil's twin sister in that pic

Kaun Jhilmil?Barfi wali?
Hello_kitta thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wave.

Kaun Jhilmil?Barfi wali?

Yes

Word Count: 1

.Sad.But.True. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Cant wait for Talaash.😳

671100 thumbnail
there is no buzz around the film even Aamir is there..shocking !!!!
bsker thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

PC looks so dorky😆😆
don12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Talash music sounds pretty good and i am into suspense genre...i am looking forward to this movie.

Can someone explain what is Suspense Drama?? Any movies in that genre?? I was under the impression Suspense goes with thriller.