Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Purrrfect thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I'd rather he had been a judge - He is such a down to earth personality and has a great knowledge of music, he deserves position of a judge and not host.
DiamondLife thumbnail

Originally posted by: Purrrfect

I'd rather he had been a judge - He is such a down to earth personality and has a great knowledge of music, he deserves position of a judge and not host.

when he came to promote in DID..i thought he is the judge😕

I agree he is overqualified..
but may be he himself wanted change and host😃
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mdroy

Overqualified to be host in my mind.

Right on Mona darling...Over qualified than most of the judges but one...But atleast he is musically trained and inclined to know and host the singing show...

I think he will do well as time goes by as he has never hosted a show before...It needs time and experience...Though I wish he was on judges panel over S-W bros...

Can someone tell me who the heck is RR baba?  Never seen or heard of him 😳
DiamondLife thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

Right on Mona darling...Over qualified than most of the judges but one...But atleast he is musically trained and inclined to know and host the singing show...

I think he will do well as time goes by as he has never hosted a show before...It needs time and experience...Though I wish he was on judges panel over S-W bros...

Can someone tell me who the heck is RR baba?  Never seen or heard of him 😳

Hi! Dabulla,
there is post about RR is an amzing personality in the forum..u can get intro there😊
DiamondLife thumbnail
Javed is doing exceptionally well as an host..
he is educating the audience what to pay attention and look for such type..

this is excellent decision by the team this year...He seems enjoying too his new role😃

JasToronto thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
We have seen him Judging the little champs.
What a great guy he is, superb singer with golden voice, still down to earth with very positive attitude. He has worked very hard to make his career in bollywood music industry.

It's nice to see him as a host of the show. To me it is a promotion for him from a Judge to host of the show. One day he will become a well known singer just like Sonu Niigam and Shaan. I wish him good luck.
DiamondLife thumbnail

Originally posted by: JasToronto

We have seen him Judging the little champs.

What a great guy he is, superb singer with golden voice, still down to earth with very positive attitude. He has worked very hard to make his career in bollywood music industry.

It's nice to see him as a host of the show. To me it is a promotion for him from a Judge to host of the show. One day he will become a well known singer just like Sonu Niigam and Shaan. I wish him good luck.

Do u know where is he from???
mdroy thumbnail
I think that Javed Ali is doing a great job as a host but even the contestants seem to know that he is overqualified (how many people tried to pranam him - he had to ask for a hug instead) but I guess by the end Shaan was also overqualified to host SVOI -- I don't know -- when I think of Arziyaan and also Javed's significant classical base -- he is a like a young Shankar Mahadevan. Rahul Ram seems interesting and may give an interesting perspective.  Indian Ocean has been around for some time.  SW of course by virtue of being MDs are certainly talented but last time they kind of bugged me.  

I have to say that given the caliber of the singers -- so much classical training -- maybe they deserve Javed as a host!  God I wish Sugandha was in this batch so she could be appreciated.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mdroy

I think that Javed Ali is doing a great job as a host but even the contestants seem to know that he is overqualified (how many people tried to pranam him - he had to ask for a hug instead) but I guess by the end Shaan was also overqualified to host SVOI -- I don't know -- when I think of Arziyaan and also Javed's significant classical base -- he is a like a young Shankar Mahadevan. Rahul Ram seems interesting and may give an interesting perspective.  Indian Ocean has been around for some time.  SW of course by virtue of being MDs are certainly talented but last time they kind of bugged me.  

I have to say that given the caliber of the singers -- so much classical training -- maybe they deserve Javed as a host!  God I wish Sugandha was in this batch so she could be appreciated.

After today after one guy who sang Classical bandish they said this type of classical singing has never been done on SRGMP and I right away thought of Sugandha with her Tappa...We know her singing calibre-talent...Gosh I so wish she was taking part this time as it seems classical training is shown bit more importance...

Mona I have noticed Most muslims do not want anyone doing pranam to them..May be it is not part of their culture...Today when Sajid came on stage after madhuri Dey's performance and she tried twice to touch his feet and he backed away twice...I would strongly request contestants to do simple namaste-pranam by tilting head down but not touching feet...As in our culture when someone bows down we always put hand on their head or back and give blessings...May I am wrong but my observation...Also JA is pretty young guy himself...It feels odd for him when someone touches his feet...
JasToronto thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DiamondLife

Do u know where is he from???

Ha ha ha, everybody knows that all great people are born in Dilwaalo ki Dilli. Yup he was born in Delhi as birth name Javed Hussain. Gulam ali sahab was his ideal singer and it was kalyanji Anad ji who motivated him to sing play back. I will post all info here. 

Born and brought up in Delhi, Ali started singing since a very early age. He started singing with his dad — a popular qawwali singer, Ustad Hamid Hussain. Javed is a student of the famous Ghazal singer Ghulam Ali who not only guided him but also gave him a chance to sing. Born as Javed Hussain, he changed his name to Javed Ali in honor of his Guru.

Music composer Anandji-Kalyanji once heard him at a stage show, and impressed with his voice asked him to try playback singing instead. From jingles and title track for TV soaps, he gradually moved to films.

Javed debuted by singing a track from the movie Beti No.1, but it didn't help his career much. After that, He was noted for his renedering of the Punjabi-based track 'Nagaada Nagaada' in the 2007 movie Jab We Met alongside Sonu Niigaam.

However he shot to real fame in 2008 with the song 'Jashn-E-Bahaara' in the magnum opus Jodhaa Akbar, which is directed by Ashutosh Gowariker and music composed by A R Rahman and also a popular song 'Ek Din Teri Rahon Me' composed by Pritam for the movie Naqaab. Javed Ali has also struck a chord with another single composed by A R Rahman called 'Guzarish' that includes guest vocals of Sonu Niigaam from Aamir Khan's latest movie Ghajini.

Some of his biggest hits include 'Jashne Bhara' from Jodha Akbar, 'Guzarish' from Ghajini, 'Arziyaan' from Dilli 6 and 'Tum Mile' from Tum Mile.

Javed Ali (Hindi: ????? ???, Urdu: ????? ???) is an Indian playback singer who has been singing in Hindi movies since 2000. Ali shot to fame in 2007 when he sang the song "Ek Din Teri Raahon Mein" from the movie Naqaab and thereafter another big hit "Jashn-e-Bahaaraan" from the movie Jodhaa Akbar (2008). He is currently one of the leading playback singers in Hindi, Bengali, Tamil and Telugu.He judged a reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l Champs 2011 on Zee Tv.

Contents

[hide]
  • 1 Early life
  • 2 Playback singing
  • 3 Discography
  • 4 References

[edit] Early life

During an interview Ali and Faisal said that his father used to sing kirtans, a form of Hindu praying and praising Gods. Along with his father, Javed also used to hit some notes. He was only 7–8 years old then. Javed was met with very good reactions from people who also claimed that he has the calibre to become a good singer. At first Ali wanted to become only a ghazal singer as his ustaad Ghulam Ali is a famous ghazal singer. Later his talent was recognised by Anandji of the Kalyanji-Anandji duo who convinced him to pursue a career in playback singing. Born and brought up in Delhi, Ali started singing since a very early age. He started singing with his dad — a popular qawwali singer, Ustad Hamid Hussain. Javed is a student of the famous Ghazal singer Ghulam Ali who not only guided him but also gave him a chance to sing. Born as Javed Hussain, he changed his name to Javed Ali in honor of his ustaad.

Music composer Anandji-Kalyanji once heard him at a stage show, and impressed with his voice asked him to try playback singing instead. From jingles and title track for TV soaps, he gradually moved to films.

Javed debuted by singing a track from the movie Beti No.1, but it didn't help his career much. After that, He was noted for his renedering of the Punjabi-based track 'Nagaada Nagaada' in the 2007 movie Jab We Met alongside Sonu Nigam.

However he shot to real fame in 2008 with the song 'Jashn-E-Bahaaraan' in the magnum opus Jodhaa Akbar, which is directed by Ashutosh Gowariker and music composed by A R Rahman and also a popular song 'Ek Din Teri Rahon Me' composed by Pritam for the movie Naqaab. Javed Ali has also struck a chord with another single composed by A R Rahman called 'Guzarish' that includes guest vocals of Sonu Nigam from Aamir Khan's movie Ghajini.

Some of his biggest hits include 'Jashne Bahaara' from Jodha Akbar, 'Guzaarish' from Ghajini, 'Arziyaan' from Delhi 6, and 'Tu Hi Haqeeqat' from Tum Mile and deewana ker raha(raaz 3) He is now hosting singing reality show "Sa re ga ma pa"

[edit] Playback singing

Javed debuted by singing a track from the movie Beti No.1, but it didn't help his career much. After that, he sang for several movies including Chameli, Dil Jo Bhi Kahey, Golmaal - Fun Unlimited, Kyun...! Ho Gaya Na, Neal 'N' Nikki and Zindaggi Rocks among others. He was noted for his rendering of the Punjabi-based track "Nagaada Nagaada" in the 2007 movie Jab We Met alongside Sonu Nigam. It's been a long and hard struggle for this 32 year old talented singer. However he was shot to real fame in 2008 with the song "Jashn-E-Bahaara" in the magnum opus Jodhaa Akbar, which is directed by Ashutosh Gowariker and music composed by A R Rahman and also a popular song "Ek Din Teri Rahon Me" composed by Pritam for the movie Naqaab. "Tu Muskura" which he has sung along with Alka Yagnik is from the movie Yuvvraaj, again from Rahman. In 2008, Javed Ali struck a chord with another song composed by Rahman, "Guzarish", that includes guest vocals of Sonu Nigam from Aamir Khan's Ghajini. This song became the most popular song of Ghajini as well as one of the biggest hits of the year. He also sang "Arziyan" from the film Delhi-6, which was critically appreciated. The song 'Mayya Yashoda' from Jhoota Hi Sahi(2010) was also his best efforts in all the way with Chinmayi(A World Tour member with A.R. Rahman). His latest Tamil songs include "Chinnanjirusuga Manasukkul" alongside Bela Shende for the Tamil movie Kunguma Poovum Konjum Puravum composed by Yuvan Shankar Raja and "Siragugal" from the Tamil movie Sarvam which is again composed by Yuvan Shankar Raja.

His songs from movie Tum Mile composed by Pritam were hits, especially the song "Tu Hi Haqeeqat". His latest hits include "Maham Maye" from Komaram Puli and most notably, "Kilimanjaro", from Enthiran which is topping the charts for many continuous weeks. He is now a Gem of A.R.Rahman's World tour. He has also sung a Bengali song for the film "Sedin Dekha Hoyechilo" in Tollywood, the music director being Jeet Ganguly later he worked with vivek

He also sang a song called "Paniye Paniye from Rajapattai". (Tamil)

[edit] Discography

YearSongFilmLanguageMusic DirectorNotes
2000Chori Chori AankhBeti No. 1HindiViju Shah
2001A Ding Dang DoPaagalpanHindiRaju Singh
2003Ab Ghar AajaHaasilHindiJatin Lalit
2004Bhigee Hui KoiChameliHindiSandesh Shandilya
Baat Samjha KaroKyun...! Ho Gaya NaHindiShankar-Ehsaan-Loy
2005Kajra ReBunty Aur BabliHindiShankar-Ehsaan-Loy
Sajna Angana Aayo ReDil Jo Bhi Kahey...HindiShankar-Ehsaan-Loy
Akh LadiyeNeal 'N' NikkiHindiSalim-Sulaiman
2006Rehja ReGolmaalHindiVishal-Shekhar
Meri Dhoop Hai TuZindaggi RocksHindiAnu Malik
2007Nagada NagadaJab We MetHindiPritam
Ek Din Teri RaahonNaqaabHindiPritam
2008Jashn-E-BahaaraJodhaa AkbarHindiA. R. RahmanWinner: Tata Indicom Mirchi Music Award for Male Vocalist of The Year, IIFA Award for Best Male Playback
Yaar Mera DildaaraMission IstanbulHindiAnu Malik
BekaliA WednesdayHindiSanjoy Chowdhury
Tu MuskuraYuvvraajHindiA. R. Rahman
Taxi TaxiSakkarakattiTamilA. R. Rahman
GuzarishGhajiniHindiA. R. Rahman
2009ArziyanDelhi-6HindiA. R. Rahman
Chinnan SirisuKunguma Poovum Konjum PuravumTamilYuvan Shankar Raja
SiragugalSarvamTamilYuvan Shankar Raja
Aedho SaigiraiVaamananTamilYuvan Shankar Raja
Uyire UyireMuthiraiTamilYuvan Shankar Raja
Naangu KangalNaan Avanillai 2TamilD.Imman
TanemandoGaneshTeluguMickey J Meyer
Tu Hi HaqeeqatTum Mile (Reprise)Tum MileHindiPritam
Aa Jao Meri TamannaAjab Prem Ki Ghazab KahaniHindiPritam
Tu hi meriPrem Kaa GameHindiPritam
Gale Lag JaDe Dana DanHindiPritam
2010Suraj Hai Chanda HaiSivajiTamilA. R. Rahman
Ranjha RanjhaRaavanHindiA. R. Rahman
Sauda HaiAakroshHindiPritam
Kadhi KadhiIrada PakkaMarathiNilesh Moharir
Maham MayeKomaram PuliTeluguA. R. Rahman
Mudhal Penn NeeyeThambiku Intha OoruTamilDharan
Oru Maalai NeramNaan Mahaan AllaTamilYuvan Shankar Raja
KilimanjaroEnthiranTamilA. R. Rahman
Mayya YashodaJhootha Hi SahiHindiA. R. Rahman
Jeetoge TumToonpur Ka SuperrheroHindiAnu Malik
2011Tinku JiyaYamla Pagla DeewanaHindiPyarelal, Sukshinder Shinda, RDB, Nouman Javaid, Anu Malik, Sandesh Shandilya, Rahul Seth, Sanjoy Chowdhary
Aakasam lo Oka TharaSeema TapakaiTeluguVandemataram Srinivas
Adagaku NannemiNinnu ChoosinaBezawadaTeluguVikram Negi, Bapitutul, Amar Mohile, Pradeep Koneru & Prem
Dil Dar-Ba-DarYeh Saali ZindagiHindiNishat Khan
Ishq Tere Jalwe
Kaise Kahein Alvida
Sararara (II)
Evo Pichi veshaluWantedTeluguChakri
Surro SurraShaktiTeluguMani Sharma
Chupi chupi bele beleMost wantedOriyaGoodly Rath
Kun Faya KunRockstarHindiA R Rahman
Paniye PanipooveRajapattaiTamilYuvan Shankar Raja
Dil Ke LiyeGhostHindiSharib Toshi
En IdhayamNanda NandithaTamilEmil
IrukkaannaNanban[disambiguation needed]TamilHarris Jayaraj