Mere Dard Ko Jo Zubaan Milay.. TVKahani review

Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

26 Sep 2012

REVIEWS: Mere Dard Ko Jo Zabaan Milay Full Drama

Some stories are complicated while some are not. Mere Dard, which airs on HUM TV, is one uncomplicated story. It revolves around the lives of two sisters and how fate treats them. I see too many people complaining about the sisterly stories these days. I, personally, don't have much of a problem with it, as long as it is not based on 'Maat'.

Anyhow, moving on, the elder sister, played by Alishba, is in love, but she gets raped, which ruins her life. The other sister is bubbly, played by Sarwat, who is married to a deaf and dumb man, who loves her like anything.

The story on paper looks interesting. However, the screenplay is where the main problem starts. The serial actually has twists that are nicely woven in; however, they fail to leave any impact. It is not really the predictable part that irritates. The problem is that the story jumps from one ship to another without really focusing on the outcome of one thing.

Take for example: Urooj's accident's or his cousin's death during operation. Where was the aftermath?

Bushra Ansari hasn't carved a niche as a writer. Her dialogues are okay, but the weak script is hard to miss. The director, Adnan Ahmed, does a fair job. His execution of the scenes is good. However, I still hope some scenes were more detailed. One good part – fortunately, the scenes are not very long.

I don't know if the editors went wrong somewhere that I feel like a few scenes were missing here there. The OST is okay, but not the kind HUM is famous for. We have seen better cinematography and wardrobe on other HUM shows.

From acting perspective, Bushra Ansari acts well, even though she does not get a very difficult role to play. Alishba Yusuf is acceptable at best. Sarwat Gilani to me overacts when she is joking around. She excels in serious scenes though. Mohib Mirza acts well and suits his character. Behroz Sabzwari does what he does best, which is acting.

Shehryar Munawar, the debutant, is good looking. However, I can't really say much because we didn't get to hear his dialogues. The expressions were *too sweet* at times though. Rest of the cast does justice.

Before winding up, I must say that I found the chemistry between Shehryar and Sarwat kind of thandi. The scenes were cute, but they lacked the fire.

Anyhow, overall, Mere Dard… is a drama that lacks the drama. Everything is fluid but it is still missing the X-factor.

Ratings:

I sooo wanted to give it ***, but it just fell short!

by admin in Happenings Tags: mere dard hum review, mere dard ko jo zabaan milay review, mere dard review

2 Comments

1. abcd
    Sep 26, 2012 @ 10:03:03

the serial isn't going anywhere.. even 2.5 is gracious!

2. aneela
    Sep 26, 2012 @ 15:28:12

The OST is actually good, but I agree about the story

Leave a Reply

Your Name *

Your Email *

Your Website

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Very inaccurate review! All the actors have acted flawlessly here!
One of the best dramas on air right now!
Taify thumbnail
I don't understand the love for MDKJZB :p and why it doesnt result in ratings LOL
Usman. thumbnail
I'll post my detailed review later
Taify thumbnail
Waiting :P
BTW, HUM was never high on this serial :S for strange reasons
U see the bad promotion?

It also has more to do with their head leaving...

notavailable thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Sorry Taify. But I disagree, MDKJZM is one of the better serials out there with excellent acting. The script is weak I agree, but Adnan Ahmed's direction is what manages to bring out the best in it.

Just because there's no eye-candy in the form of actors doesn't mean they're bad actors

-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
the actors are good,actually excellent...however script is weak...i agree with the article.
Taify thumbnail
The actors just don't strike the right cord with me. They are all good, but don't rise above the script
The only thing I agree with here is that they keep adding twist after twist without focusing on the result of one!
And ummm Arfas character makes no sense to me sometimes but otherwise ACTING wise they have all done an amazing job
And they have good chemistry too
Usman. thumbnail
I was quite excited about this serial when the promos came out & got even more excited when I saw Adnan's name in the credits as director I had liked his previous work (Mera Naseeb & Bilqees Kaur) but my excitement went into drain when I got to know that Bushra Ansari is writing it..😆 Surely she is a great talent as an actress\anchor but not as a writer. Her last work as a writer (Adha din aur poori raat) was terrible to say the least.

I agree with the reviewer that the screenplay is at fault. too many unnecessary twist & unwanted tracks were the reason of this show not getting that popularity which it deserved. I strongly feel that the whole Razia, her daughter & Husband track was half backed. It had potential but it wasnt give a proper storyline..Either they should've completely chopped this track or worked more on it. I did not like how they ended it.
Another negative thing is BI has added almost all the tragedies in this one serial like rape, premarital sex & pregnancy, abortion, murder, robbery, accident, death of a child etc.

On a positive note, the characters are so real. Almost all of them, you dont feel that they are exaggerating or over-doing it except for Arfa may be. And i disagree with the reviewer that there is no chemistry. I believe the chemistry is the best part of the serial not only between the lead couples but in every relation be it Arfa-Amna or Junaid-Arfa or Amna-Urooj.. Each relation is beautifully depicted like the girls's relation with their parents & Urooj's relation with his mother.
The direction was very good some of the scenes looked so real but some deserved more attention. The scrips as everyone said, was weak. I really like both the versions of its OST esp the lyrics.
Alishba & Sirwat both had a meaty role to perform & they did full justice to it...infact the whole of cast did a fab job special mention goes to guy playing Urooj & Bahroz Sabzwari.