Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

360297 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: HotMess

I don't mind gay characters though. We have straight characters everywhere, why not gay characters? It's how Madhur portrays them. I haven't watched Onir's films, but his characters can't be as bad.

My thoughts exactly..millions of Indian are gay, and not the way Madhur portrays them to be. They deserve to be portrayed properly in Bollywood.
SomeOldUser thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: HotMess

I don't mind gay characters though. We have straight characters everywhere, why not gay characters? It's how Madhur portrays them. I haven't watched Onir's films, but his characters can't be as bad.

No, Onir's gay characters are more or less launde-baaz, not effeminate as such.
gamla_ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Female character is very easy to pick. Lets see next movie should be about men in industry. How they manipulate, use and abuse struggling actresses and even established. Cheaters and abusers, I mean everything.

How convenient it is to pick on heroines. I have no doubt that Kareena and MB compiled list to particular actresses while no mention of her own sister in movie. I will have to congratulate Ash here because by marrying B at least she has saved herself from such pigs.
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: DejaVu.

Yes , Stereotypical effeminate gays. I really didn't like the scene in Heroine where that Godse says director is Bi,N the gay smiles slyly.. ๐Ÿ˜ก

I didn't like the scene in Page 3 when her BFF steals her boyfriend---that gay sex scene was pretty scandalous and proud of MB for actually showing the guy with his pants down, but the whole your gay friend will steal your boyfriend or turn him Bi was so crazy--and came out of nowhere.

I get the feeling he adds gay characters in to made the story more "real". Maybe his next film should be a story about a gay person (man or woman) in any field and how homosexuality is expressed and criticized in India today. That would make a great film if he doesn't stereotype the character.
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
=( am i the only one who still enjoys MB movies =(
YES =( =( =(
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: -Xaffron-

1. The protagonist is always a female.

2. The female protagonist's name always starts with an M:
- Madhvi in Page 3
- Meghna in Fashion
- Mahi in Heroine

3. The female protagonists are, coincidentally, North Indians.

3. There is one lead character, around whom the entire movie revolves.

4. There is one major side character.

5. This side character has to die toward the end of the movie, for whatever reason:
- Anjali Thapar in Page 3
- Shonali Gujral in Fashion
- Shagufta Rizvi in Heroine

6. Incidentally, the dying side characters are females also.

7. The lead character goes through ups and downs in her life and eventually moves on with it toward the end of the movie. Jo hua so hua, screw it and move on.

No wonder Madhur ran out of ideas when it came to Heroine. What are you planning for your next movie, sir?

Great analysis Roshan๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
MB is a gone case after the fiasco of Heroine...what ever his subject for the next movie is...he will have to look for a new face...because no A-lister is going to dare to work with him again...kareena is the last one...and good for Kareena that atleast her work is being appreciated...but from the reviews...it seems like a total SHIT movie...Oh God and what tall claims MB had made๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
Either the supporting actress or the lead actres is going to have a miscarriage.
In Page3 the character of Tara Sharma suffered from a miscarriage.
In Fashion Priyanka had an abortion.

I didn't see Heroine but I feel there is also an abortion or MC scene.

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I haven't seen heroine. I liked all of Madhur's movies so I'm sure I'll end up liking heroine as well
PigBenis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Very well said Xaffron.

Madhur lacks originality and his movies are starting to bore me..
SomeOldUser thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Thank you, everyone. Keep posting your views. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ