Hamza Ali Abbasi Signs Ahsan Khan For His Director

chaha_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Hamza Ali Abbasi Signs Ahsan Khan For His Directorial Venture 'Kambakht'

Good news for all Ahsan Khan fans. Actor-turned director Hamza Ali Abbasi has reportedly roped in Lollywood cum TV actor Ahsan Khan for his next directorial venture, tentatively titled 'Kambakht'.

The comedy film, which is all set to tickle your funny bone, is a story of two people who come from different financial backgrounds. One is a rich-class man and the other comes from the under-developed Tribal Areas. The medium-budget film which is shot wholly in Pakistan is written by Hamza Ali Abbasi himself, along with Atif Siddiqui and Jawad Rana.

'Kambakht' is produced by Kahaani Films and Mindworks Motion Pictures behind the production of yet-to-release 'Waar' will be co-producing it. Other than Ahsan Khan and Shafqat Cheema, the rest of the cast is yet to be finalised. Director Hamza Ali Abbasi who was not willing to give out much details of the film said, "I have given my 100 percent to the film. Let's see how everything turns out." On being asked about the film's target audience, he replied, "I have not picked or chosen any particular target audience of the film, neither the film is made that way. I would want 'Kambakht' to be played in all cinemas throughout the country, whether it's Gulistan or DHA Cinema."

Ahsan Khan who is very much in the limelight currently due to the success of his plays 'Bilqees Kaur' that ended recently, 'Maahi Ayega', 'Sayaan Ve', 'Meri Laadli', 'Vasl' and others, seems very excited about the career high. Also, owing to the success of his business venture, The Ahsan Khan Store, the young actor eagerly awaits the film's release. "We lack a lot of educated filmmakers in our country, which is actually sad. So when Hamza approached me for this role, I immediately said yes. His previous films have been outstanding, and 'Mudhouse and the Golden Doll' remains my favourite. 'Kambakht' is beautifully written and I can say this with utmost confidence that films like these have not been essayed in a long time," Ahsan said while talking to Daily Times. Ahsan has two big releases this year. Faisal Bukhari's 'Sultanat' which is a multi-cast film, starring Ahsan himself, ZQ, Mona Lisa, Shweta Tiwari, Javed Sheikh and Archint Kaur among others, and is produced by Aslam Bhatti.

The other is Shehzad Rafique's much awaited love story 'Ishq Khuda', which also has a stellar cast, including Meera, Shaan, Wiam Ammar Dahmani, Saima and Ahsan.

As for 'Kambakht', one can only wait for the film to release. Praising Ahsan for his tremendous performances throughout his career, Hamza said, "Why I chose Ahsan for my film was simply because he is one actor who has an amazing hang of working in both films and dramas. He knows the difference between the variations of acting in both mediums. I was confident that Ahsan would do justice to the role." Here's wishing the actor who is also starring in Shehryar Siddiqui's next as well all the best!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Yaaayyy Ahsan.. I love him..

that Hamza guy is from MDKZM ???
--Iqra-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
^^ I don't think so but I'm not so sure.

Sultanat, Ishq Khuda, and Kambakht. Interesting, I'll be waiting. 😆
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -ChillMahaul-

Yaaayyy Ahsan.. I love him..

that Hamza guy is from MDKZM ???

lagta toh wohi hai

and i hope Ahsan gets a substantial role off lately he has been wasted in tv serials