144398 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

< ="" method=post> </>

Ayesha Takia

"I love Farhan Azmi!"
Ever since she began her career as an actress, Ayesha Takia has been in the news for all the wrong reasons. First it was her price. Hardly had she made her debut and the actress was said to be commanding a huge price of Rs. 50 lacs. That too at a time when she did not have a single hit to her credit. And now the rumour is that she is all set to quit the film industry and settle down in marital bliss. She has no qualms about admitting that she is in love with restaurateur Farhan Azmi. "But marriage is out of question for now," she clarifies. An interview with the actresss!

Buzz is that you are quitting the industry for marriage…
I don't know why the press is so hell bent on making me retire prematurely. I am just 20 and have just begun my career as an actress. How can I think of getting married at this point of time!

The rumours persist…
Even I have heard stories that I am tying the knot. First I was to tie the knot in March. The date now has been shifted to April.

But is it true that you are going steady with Farhan Azmi? Rumours have it that you had even fasted during the month of Ramzan and celebrated Id with him…

I am in love with Farhan Azmi. And yes I had fasted with him during the month of Ramzan and celebrated Id with him. But I don't want to discuss my personal life in print. Farhan is just 23. He has just begun his career and so have I. How can we get married then.

Is it true that you charge Rs. 50 lacs for a film?

This is the other rumour that I wish to put an end to. Am I out of my rockers to charge such an astronomical sum? And which director and producer is going to pay me this kind of an amount. I am here to show my acting abilities and money is not a priority.

Okay tell us about your role in Shaadi Se Pehle…
Shaadi Se Pehle is my first comedy film. The character that I play in the film is a girl very suspicious by nature. Her boyfriend is hypochondriac and is confused between the girl he loves and the girl he lusts for. It is a situation a girl and boy experience before marriage. It is a sweet film. Most importantly I got an opportunity with Satish Kaushik. He is a fantastic director. I am doing Kaushik other film too with Tusshar Kapoor.

You have also completed Naseeruddin Shah's Yun Hota To Kaisa Hota…
Yes! The film several parallel stories running simultaneously. I am playing this Muslim girl who has just heard about the September 11 attack that happened in the US. My role is complete contrast to the one I have done in Shaadi Se Pehle. Yun Hota To Kaisa Hota is a serious film and will make the audience actually sit and think about several relevant issues. It is working with directors like Satish Kaushik and Naseeruddin Shah that I feel I have grown as an actress.

What other films do you have on hand?
I am also doing Nagesh Kukunoor's Dor. This film has me charged because it is based on a true incident that had happened in Rajasthan. Nagesh has done a thorough research on the subject and given me meticulous details about my character. I am lucky to be getting to play such role so early in my career.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Eijoo''s_Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
awww i think shes a gud actress....she luks sooo young and innocent...
tfs
.Prometheus. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
aawww yaar she fasted and stuff as well so sweet of her she muct really love him yaar media should just keep their beak out of it yaar