Some clarifications required!

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 19 years ago

First of all point taken abt the warning. Now some clarifications required:

1. Is it ok for one 'coolbie' to call a 'newbie' a despo cuz she posted 4 messages? Instead of taking part in the discussion started this person started personal attacks. Why was he not reined in? Becuz he is an older member? Or becuz he posts 'funny' updates? Or becuz he is a fan for Purab Mehra(most mods I have seen till now are his fans too). Mind u it wasnt me who first started personally attacking people. So why wasnt this person warned against? Strangely even now this person has got a 'promotion' while I get a warning and a ban threat. So fair!

2. But when I make a comment on someone why am I instantly attacked as trying to spoil the 'peace' of this place? Is 'peace' in india-forums site equivalent to one-sided discussions? Are the older lot here so intolerant of new views that new views are equated w/ war mongering.

I hope I get a reply on this post from the moderators (not members). Esp the owner and this post isnt deleted.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ides thumbnail

Kshreya...if u want only the moderators to respond to this post, why not send them a PM instead.....

Hello, dear friends, 

Here we come to announce a new contest for a highly appreciated thread that attracts a lot of viewers every day in our India Forums! 

Graphicers are invited to make a New Tag for the popular "Creative Contests" thread.

The present one was made a few years ago by the highly talented graphic designer gk09smiley10

In response to our members' requests, we wish to come up with a new tag.

ImageRules Image

ImageTag Size =W400 X H300 pix.

Image BG of the tag must be white .

ImageAnimated text in the tag “Creative Contests “ 

ImageNon animated text in the tag  “in India Forums” 

ImagePlease add one non animated image depicting any creativity. 

ImageVibrant colours usage encouraged . 

ImagePlease do not add your copyright.

ImageThere are no restrictions on the number of entries. All tags must be different.

ImageSelection will be by open voting and/or DT voting. More than one tag will be selected for using by turns. 

~~~~~~~~ImageImage~~~~~~~~

This is the previous tag for your reference. Similar-themed tags are welcome.

Open voting and/or DT voting will be used for selection. Multiple tags will be chosen to be used alternately.

Please send your entries to Sutapasima by PM on or before . 04 Mar 2024, 2359 hrs IST

Edited by Sutapasima - 3 months ago
Meenakshii thumbnail

shreya, just saw this message of yours at the JP group. cld u plz walk the talk and stop causing trouble here first...

yr message at JP:

Date:  Sat Oct 30, 2004  12:01 pm
Subject:  Imp note to the moderators!

I have made the membership to this group as 'restricted' ie any new member will need approval from moderators b4 they can join. this is to help keep out unwanted members who just come here to create
trouble. There is no effort required for this on our part. we just have to check the pending members link.

Edited by Meenakshii - 19 years ago
radha_18 thumbnail
Shreya is the mod of JP. She can do whatever she wants to in that grp. Why bring JP in this discussion? and another thing, exactly how is Shreya creating trouble...
hydroxide00 thumbnail
first of all...i think this fight is on a stupid topic...cum on ppl cant u be sporty enough n ignore da comments jammy makes on armaan cum on take it light heartedly..even i am an armaan fan..this doesnt mean i cant laugh at him..n neways armaan will b da winner in da end so y do v bother in da end v will b da one laughin at purab n purab fans...so lets take sum jokes rite now....n ya callin a person despo..well i dunno wat 2 say coz wen i first came here even i personal attacked a lot of ppl(i've changed now)n they banned me..but they dint ban tht female who called deadly despo..huh talk bout injustice...
Morgoth thumbnail

[quote=kshreya2002]Is it ok for one 'coolbie' to call a 'newbie' a despo cuz she posted 4 messages?[/quote]

NO, it is NOT ok...hence Jammy was the first person to be given a warning in my first post directed to everyone involved in the argument. You were given extra warning because in spite of 3 moderators putting up messages NOT to retaliate to personal attacks, you chose to ignore the message and retaliated anyway! Mind you, he was quiet after the warning and did not continue.

[quote=]Strangely even now this person has got a 'promotion' while I get a warning and a ban threat. So fair![/quote]

This decision had been already taken by the entire moderator board before these arguments took place. Also, we do not ban anyone unless we are forced to. Even ppl who were previously banned have been welcomed back and are settling down nicely.

Shreya, Please calm down and continue with the discussions. All views are welcome as long as they are not personal attacks towards other members or are graphic in nature. 

deadly thumbnail

Originally posted by: hydroxide00

first of all...i think this fight is on a stupid topic...cum on ppl cant u be sporty enough n ignore da comments jammy makes on armaan cum on take it light heartedly..even i am an armaan fan..this doesnt mean i cant laugh at him..n neways armaan will b da winner in da end so y do v bother in da end v will b da one laughin at purab n purab fans...so lets take sum jokes rite now....n ya callin a person despo..well i dunno wat 2 say coz wen i first came here even i personal attacked a lot of ppl(i've changed now)n they banned me..but they dint ban tht female who called deadly despo..huh talk bout injustice...

Hydro you got your facts wrong big time. And as for being banned. You were banned when you kept repeating your behaviour. Yu made lots of personal attack on lot of different people !!!

[quote=kshreya2002]1. Is it ok for one 'coolbie' to call a 'newbie' a despo cuz she posted 4 messages? Instead of taking part in the discussion started this person started personal attacks. Why was he not reined in? Becuz he is an older member? Or becuz he posts 'funny' updates? Or becuz he is a fan for Purab Mehra(most mods I have seen till now are his fans too). Mind u it wasnt me who first started personally attacking people. So why wasnt this person warned against? Strangely even now this person has got a 'promotion' while I get a warning and a ban threat. So fair![/quote]

As Mystica said we do not support name calling or any personal attack of any kind. As of posting more messages is no offence just make sure you do not post the same thing on 2 different threads as one might be deleted by the moderator to keep each thread unique.

Well Jammy has been made Coolbie for his involvement with the forum and regularity of the Updates he provides and he have already been served a warning for the post he made against you. Please take it as 2 different events.

India-Forums might have got good amount of people Purab but do not forget we also got some heavyweight Armaan fans too like Minnie, Hydroxide, Jodi, Heyeon and me too 😆 so you be rest assured that till we are in some healthy discussion and give good reasoning for what ever we say on the forum it would be welcomed by all.

[quote=kshreya2002]2. But when I make a comment on someone why am I instantly attacked as trying to spoil the 'peace' of this place? Is 'peace' in india-forums site equivalent to one-sided discussions? Are the older lot here so intolerant of new views that new views are equated w/ war mongering. [/quote]

As Mystica said:

Shreya, Please calm down and continue with the discussions. All views are welcome as long as they are not personal attacks towards other members or are graphic in nature. 

So lets start afresh ... and enjoy!

Cheers,
Vijay

C'mon Jody...

I think that post was directed to Kshreya and let her answer to it. I am sure Shreya can defend herself.

Cheers,
Vijay

heyeon thumbnail
exactly! and shreya dont bother, never seen justice or fairness here..whatever!