..~Mere Dard Ko Jo Zubaan Mile~..Discussion Forum - Page 32

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
Even if she is traumatized, its been 2 months now :S cant she see the pain she is causing others?
Ameres thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: _QueenofHearts_

Even if she is traumatized, its been 2 months now :S cant she see the pain she is causing others?

No, she can't. Why? Because she is too badly stuck in that event. God forbid it never happens to anyone, Allah reham kare but it is a huge matter for a girl. It affects their whole life. And from what I understand some people take more time to get over bad events as compared to others. They are too badly stuck in their own suffering to realize how they are affecting other peoples life. Yes, some people may see it as a selfish act but its not selfish just that the person is too miserable to think rationally. Bad events can turn a person bitter, mostly people do change...and not for the good. Thats what I have seen; human nature is complicated to say the least.

Lol, it must sound like I'm trying to defend Arfa or what but nothing like that, not even a big fan of her but just your question kind of interested me and like good discussion. =P

@Usman- Thank you. :)
Edited by Ameres - 12 years ago
cocojatti92 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Rape is a big deal!!
2 months ago. A lot people even if it's 20 years ago have a hard time. The girl is a virgin and her first time is by rape. Do you have any idea how hard that is to forget. What I loved is that they are showing that even after rape one can live a normal life by not crying but getting mental health help. Hope afra understands that
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
here are my pearls of wisdom😆...
first of all, arfa didnt do any wrong, its not her fault she was raped...going out with her friend doesnt give anyone a right to drug her and rape her...the only wrong doer here is the rapist...he is the one everyone should be dsigusted with but unfortunately in our society the victim is raped over and over again by the well wishers,they do so by constantly talking about the rape,making the victim feel shes not pure anymore, that her life is over...i am not saying its the case with arfa...arfs's family is being very supportive...however arfa thinks she isnt good enough for junaid...because as i stated above, she thinks she isnt pure anymore...she is used goods...which is utter nonsense in my pov...i hope the drama focuses more on blaming the rapist and not the victim.
cocojatti92 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ameres

I'm getting what you are trying to say but what she is going through does happen. Like you said rape is a huge matter, she is badly traumatized and in such situations people become detached from others. Sometimes when we are miserable over some matter, we feel like locking ourselves in a room and not talking to anyone. That is what she is doing I believe. Right now she is mentally very disturbed so it can't be easy for her to act normal and get over it. It takes time.

Moreover, not everyone is alike and everyone has a different way of dealing with the pain. Some find support in others while others who are too deep in the pain and suffering cut themselves off from the world. They feel anger towards the world in a way, for letting this happen and maybe somewhere believe that it would be better if they are not around.
I watched that scene where she was blaming herself for the incident, so see she thinks of herself as the wrong doer. So by being away from them she believes she will cause less pain to them.

Just what I understand and have observed, I might be wrong but everyone has their own experiences.

Well said
cocojatti92 thumbnail

Originally posted by: happyviewer

first of all, arfa didnt do any wrong, its not her fault she was raped...going out with her friend doesnt give anyone a right to drug her and rape her...the only wrong doer here is the rapist...he is the one everyone should be dsigusted with but unfortunately in our society the victim is raped over and over again by the well wishers,they do so by constantly talking about the rape,making the victim feel shes not pure anymore, that her life is over...i am not saying its the case with arfa...arfs's family is being very supportive...however arfa thinks she isnt good enough for junaid...because as i stated above, she thinks she isnt pure anymore...she is used goods...which is utter nonsense in my pov...i hope the drama focuses more on blaming the rapist and not the victim.

U have said right, the rapist in Pakistani never gets hurt its alway the girl
Ameres thumbnail

Originally posted by: happyviewer

Agreed.
@Bold- Exactly! That is one of the reasons she is cutting herself away from him. She believes by being with him she will cause him more pain so she is trying to stay away from him. The victims in our society are made to think like that and following that they drown themselves further in misery. I guess somewhere she believes that Junaid deserves better so thats why she doesn't want to be with him. She is not trying to hurt him but she is in a way.

The drama is about their pain but it should give a positive message by showing how she got over it and moved on in life. And yes, some justice be served by punishing the rapist.
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: _QueenofHearts_

just wanna share something with you...someone i know was molested by a stranger when she was a child...no matter how much she tries she cannot forget what happened to her as a child,which was in no shape or form her fault, she was a child...i cant even imagine what happens to a rape victim...rape is a big deal bibi...not easy to get over it.
Ameres thumbnail
Just read a quote which sums it all up what we have been discussing.

"Rape is the only crime in which the victim becomes the accused." Frida Adler.

Like you guys said, the victim is held responsible for it and is made to feel bad about themselves. Instead of helping them come over it they are made to live it again and again. And also made to hate themselves for it. This is how the situation here is unfortunately. Don't know when things will change for the better.

Originally posted by: Ameres

No, she can't. Why? Because she is too badly stuck in that event. God forbid it never happens to anyone, Allah reham kare but it is a huge matter for a girl. It affects their whole life. And from what I understand some people take more time to get over bad events as compared to others. They are too badly stuck in their own suffering to realize how they are affecting other peoples life. Yes, some people may see it as a selfish act but its not selfish just that the person is too miserable to think rationally. Bad events can turn a person bitter, mostly people do change...and not for the good. Thats what I have seen; human nature is complicated to say the least.

Lol, it must sound like I'm trying to defend Arfa or what but nothing like that, not even a big fan of her but just your question kind of interested me and like good discussion. =P

@Usman- Thank you. :)

Haha, I love arfa since the beginning of this show, more than Amna! And even more I like the girl who is playing the role! Shes so pretty and an amazing actress <3

I understand what your saying...
Its just that she always believed in Allah (atleast thats what I think by the way her character was portrayed, and those types of people usually believe that everything happens for a reason. I would have expected her to get over it and move on thinking whatever Allah has put her through, there must be a reason behind it.
Yes, Rape is a very big issue and affects alot of women, but I have heard of women in real life who have gone through this and yes it is a traumatizing event but people do not usually take so long to get over it
its just like a death of a loved one, you greive over it for a few days and then get over it, the memories will always haunt you but you begin to live your life normally after some time

I guess its just me who thinks that :P