Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
j
PrevNext

Advertisement

RATINGS

Mar

March 16 - March 31st Ratings

Click Here to find out which show is ruling the roost...

Mata-e-Jaan Hai Tu - HUM TV - Drama Review

!

After being asked multiple times, I am finally able to review Mata-e-Jaan. I must admit, I was anxiously waiting for this one for all the right reasons. The serial came with humongous expectations. Directed by one of the best directors, starring a stellar, fresh cast, shot in foreign, breath-taking locales, and written by Farhat Ishtiaq, it had all going in its tide, but, then….

All Mata-e-Jaan turned out to be was the poor cousin to huge successful Humsafar. Yes, folks… this one disappoints! Read on to find out more.

Based on the novel by Farhat Ishtiaq, this one has an extra track added. The story is, now, of two sisters, Haniya and Yameena. Haniya(Sarwat Gilani) is a loving, simple girl who falls in love with Ibaad(Adeel Hussain), and the two force some strict opposition from Ibaad's family. On the other hand, Yameena(Sanam Saeed) is married to Adam(Junaid Khan), and the two of them are having their own domestic issues.

The story looks simple on paper, and that's what it really is. This is actually how Farhat Ishtiaq writes. She takes the most simplest of stories and turn them into fairy tales, with her beautiful moments, lovable- and at times over-the-top- characters. This is exactly what she does here. She writes a magnificent screenplay. This actually is one of the best things about the serial; the flow is just perfect. Yes, there are times when things look dragged, for example: the main twist (won't reveal) takes forever coming… the romance before those episodes between the two looks forced, at least to me.

Farhat again comes back with some memorable characters. Ibaad is the likeable son, who has girls (well the viewers) going ga-ga over, on the other hand, Haniya is your perfect neighbor, but on the other hand I actually liked the characters of Yameena and Adam more. They have the edge and you don't really know their next move. The love story is predictable and their story… well it has its moments.

Let me complete the Farhat's part by mentioning that she needs to up her game when it comes to writing dialogues. Her dialogues have the oh-I-have-heard-this-before feeling.

Now, to the direction... Mehreen Jabbar is coming back after the disaster called 'Neeyat'. The director is in full form here. She shoots the scenes magnificently. Kiddos to the camerawork; it's splendid. The director directs the scenes well, but she isn't able to extract perfect performances out of the stars. Well, more on that later.

The OST, unfortunately not the most popular one, is beautiful. The vocals are soothing. The editing is good, but I needed a crisper serial. The production values are top notch, and the wardrobe is excellent too.

Now to the acting part... Sarwat Gilani and Adeel Hussain are in lead roles and I have no qualms over saying that they both FAIL! This is an epic fail. I wonder who made the call to select these two for these roles. The actors have zero chemistry together, and they spoil the otherwise beautifully written and directed scenes with their lack on screen chemistry. Adeel is still struggling as an actor and Sarwat's graph as an actor just goes zig-zag; she is excellent in some scenes and totally bland in others. You know something is wrong with your main lead's best friend (played by Ahsan Khan) is easily able to steal attention away from your H.E.R.O.

Sanam Saeed has improved as an actress. She has a good screen presence, but still has to work on her dialogue delivery, which goes awry when she is in an emotional scene. Junaid Khan shows promise and is going to be a big name in future for sure.

The rest of the cast, Javed Sheikh etc, is good and does full justice to the characters.

Over all, Mata-e-Jaan is a decent show, but falls thanks to the great expectations everyone had from it. The serial would've been much better, had they paid more attention to the principal cast, and twitched things a little. This isn't a must watch,but it does have its own sweet moments.

Ratings :

Comments

Comments

(2 hours ago) Haseeb said:
for once i totally agree with u and its also a reminder to all those who said humsafar became a hit due to farhat ishtiaq's script...

flag like

(3 hours ago) hamdam said:
perfect review. i agree with everything.. this is so bad bad
adeel hussain ko acting ka a bhi nahi aata

flag like

rss

Copyright 2012. Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contests |

Design by Free Website Templates for Free Flash Templates

Advertisement

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

arshian1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
but i like adeel hussain acting .he is good actor
oh i was waiting for this review
and i agree with everything you said
The story is beautiful...but the actors have ruined it! :(
The other actors in this drama are acting way better than the leads!
And the emotional scenes fail to make me cry - which is very rare
Taify thumbnail

Originally posted by: _QueenofHearts_

oh i was waiting for this review

and i agree with everything you said
The story is beautiful...but the actors have ruined it! :(
The other actors in this drama are acting way better than the leads!
And the emotional scenes fail to make me cry - which is very rare

thx

Originally posted by: shaktifan

but i like adeel hussain acting .he is good actor

but he has sad xpressions :(
arshian1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Taify

thx

but he has sad xpressions :(

yes his expressions is sad but it is awesome
Usman. thumbnail
i have read this novel.. and they have altered alot of things..the story in first place isnt much impressive...
Taify thumbnail
All I know is that they have stolen my story :@ :@ :@
The girl after marriage goes to pataofy her sasuraaal walay :( my story! my story!
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Usman.

i have read this novel.. and they have altered alot of things..the story in first place isnt much impressive...

what's not impressive? do you mean the story presented in the novel or the story in the drama?
Filza. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

hmm... fair enough... thanks for sharing😊

i find the show impressive. direction is good, camera work is beautiful! the focus on making it look real and natural draws me towards the show.

the main flaw for me is the story which is not my type because i hate tragic stories.

as for the actors, i think they've done a decent job. in certain Ibad-Haniya scenes i've been left disappointed by Adeel Husain...but i won't judge his entire performance on that basis. Overall he has been good. In some scenes he is excellent. In certain scenes with Haniyah ( if not all) one can notice the chemistry. Its definitely not really bad, IMHO :)

& i've not read the novel so perhaps thats the main reason i guess why i'm enjoying the show.

Edited by Filza. - 12 years ago
Taify thumbnail
Half the world is now blaming the poor casting for the failure. Hmm!

Mehreen might just address