10mins.with MAHIRA KHAN<3

ana_kash thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
The difficulties I faced with this role were all regarding the kind of girl Khirad was. For example, sometimes I would get angry with her: why is she being this way? Why doesn't she get up and fight for herself? It was difficult for me to emote that kind of anger. I had to show that I was strong and proud to take a stand for my daughter and my self-respect. by Mahrukh Abbasi & Manal Faheem Khan

What did you expect from 'Humsafar' when you signed the contract? Did you think it would become this big?
I honestly had no expectations when I signed the contract. I hadn't even read the script before I said yes. When I started reading the script I became interested in my character, but I still didn't understand her. At first I thought ''Oh God! What kind of a name is Khirad?'' So initially, I treated Khirad the way Ashar (Fawwad Khan) treated her, but by the third or fourth episode, I had completely fallen in love with her.
What difficulties did you face while doing this role?
The difficulties I faced with this role were all regarding the kind of girl Khirad was. For example, sometimes I would get angry with her: why is she being this way? Why doesn't she get up and fight for herself? It was difficult for me to emote that kind of anger. I had to show that I was strong and proud to take a stand for my daughter and my self-respect.
Why is there such brilliant chemistry between you and Fawwad Khan?
We were both surprised about that because we were complete strangers to each other! It obviously took time for us to become comfortable acting like a couple on screen, especially since the first few episodes involved very couple-y things, like holding hands etc. But by the time we actually got to know each other off screen, our relationship on screen became very volatile and we had to fight and
argue a lot. Since Fawwad Khan is a brilliant actor, I was able to overcome these initial inhibitions.
What pulls you towards acting?
I always wanted to be on the big screen. It has always been my dream to be just like Madhuri Dixit; I simply loved watching her. I was very lucky that I met Sarmad Khoosat, who believed in me and was able to mould me into becoming a fine actress. In fact, when we were on sets, he would call me 'Ganga', as in Madhuri's character from 'Khalnayak.'
What do you do to unwind?
I love going to the beach. The French beach is my favourite. I wish I could go to the beach a lot more then I do, and laze around all day with my friends.
Where do you go to shop?
Sunday Bazaar, Gulf and Zainab Market are my favourite places to get stuff. I get my jewellery and especially my rings from there.
Where do you go to eat?
The Prawn Biryani at Biryani of the Seas (BOTS) is my favourite. I also love going out for breakfast. It doesn't really matter what the place is; Espresso, Boat Basin or Sheraton, I just love eating breakfast out.
was posted in yellow.pk
http://yello.pk/10-minutes-mahira-khan-manal/44271.html#