Maya Khan'act.Wrong or Right?

459718 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
this may be old news, well not that old but is the recent controversy that has all plagued atleast in Pakistan.

''On 17 JANUARY 2012 Subah Savere Maya key Saath show, was the most controversial show Pakistani media has ever seen. Maya khan along with her huge team (that consisted of show's whole production team and several ladies) raided in Karachi's parks to catch the couples who were reportedly dating in public park. She than also played the clips of young couple on national television, who requested to turn off the cameras. Maya Khan was scolded by thousands of angry youth from all over Pakistan. She not only deleted all her official facebook pages of the show but also apologized publicly on tv in front of the whole media.But the angry nation is still very furious and want her to remove and permanently ban her from every Pakistani channel after the totally unacceptable things she has done on her 17 January 2012 show''

What do you guys think? Was her act that wrong, she was only trying to open a few eyes. Or only her way of approaching the subject wrong? Was her act that bad that she should be banned? Are we ourselves restricting the generation of today and thereby pushing them to take such drastic steps such as meeting in Parks or other areas.

In my opinion, while its a direct violation of human-rights as well as a breach of a individual's privacy. I do not think its that big of a deal. While you have the right to your own being, you must remember acts such as dating are forbidden in our religion.Yes, her way of approaching this subject was unethical but why do things that you have to hide?I think today we are standing on the edge and Pakistan is no longer the Islamic nation it was fought to be. We are loosing our values,religion, culture, ideologies and they have now become nothing more than a mere facade...No offense to anyone but sometimes i feel Pakistani's living abroad are more conserved about who they are and the title they wear of being a Pakistani compared to people who actually reside in Pakistan.

Do share your veiws, i would love to read them.

Edited by thousandmiles - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I watched that segment out of curiosity since everyone was posting it on FB...to be honest i found the whole thing ridiculous...i think if maya khan had done it alone with her cameraman, it wouldnt have been so chaotic...who would want to talk to you when a group of 20 something ladies are running after you...they couldnt even catch one couple...they all ran away๐Ÿ˜†.

I agree she did invade their privacy, however why were the couples meeting in a public park if they care so much about privacy...what she should have done is ask them to be interviewed with their faces covered...they might have agreed to the interview then, and we could find out the reasons why they chose to meet in secret...like there is a good enough reason for that๐Ÿ˜†...so in my opinion the whole thing is stupid...the stampede of women chasing couples and the nation asking for an apology.

kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
To be honest, the first time I watched that video it was extremely disturbing to see them literally chase after people and scream at them...in any other country, it would have warranted a well-earned stalking and harassment lawsuit.

"Or only her way of approaching the subject wrong?"

Her way of approaching the subject in intention itself was only to create the most sansani-khez situation for her show and channel to gain eyeballs ๐Ÿ˜† The entire premise of the whole thing that she was doing this 'for parents sitting at home who worried and deserved to know what their children were doing outside' was hilarious. Zamane ya bachon mein sudhar channel waale or moral police nahi la sakte...only good parenting and true, religious and social education can do that.

It has to be noted that this kind of a thing has been going on since time infinitum...even in Pakistan, the ones who wanted to meet at parks and such did so in every era...you cannot use the stick and force people into decorum, because the ones who want to do it will find a way to do it. If not the park, they will meet somewhere else. And if these women running and falling all over themselves with their little mob army did anything, it was to create a scene without really achieving any good in society as they claimed and set out to do. How did no one among them foresee what a trainwreck it was going to be? Banane chale messiah, nikle ek number ke jaahil...
459718 thumbnail

Originally posted by: happyviewer

I watched that segment out of curiosity since everyone was posting it on FB...to be honest i found the whole thing ridiculous...i think if maya khan had done it alone with her cameraman, it wouldnt have been so chaotic...who would want to talk to you when a group of 20 something ladies are running after you...they couldnt even catch one couple...they all ran away๐Ÿ˜†.

I agree she did invade their privacy, however why were the couples meeting in a public park if they care so much about privacy...what she should have done is ask them to be interviewed with their faces covered...they might have agreed to the interview then, and we could find out the reasons why they chose to meet in secret...like there is a good enough reason for that๐Ÿ˜†...so in my opinion the whole thing is stupid...the stampede of women chasing couples and the nation asking for an apology.

Exactly my problem with this whole controversy? why was she chasing with 20 women by her side. It was completely animal like behavior and ended up being ridiculous, whilst it was defintely an eye opener for someone like me I don't watch much news, but it wasn't quite right of her to condemn those few for their behavior, when she doesn't know them at all? & the nation asking for an apology? when it exists why should you hide it - why should she apologize for something we all know happens regularly now a days! What she should apologize is for her approach to this whole ordeal, it could have been done in a much neater and simple manner and would have gotten the message across without causing a uproar.

459718 thumbnail

Originally posted by: make-believe

To be honest, the first time I watched that video it was extremely disturbing to see them literally chase after people and scream at them...in any other country, it would have warranted a well-earned stalking and harassment lawsuit.

"Or only her way of approaching the subject wrong?"

Her way of approaching the subject in intention itself was only to create the most sansani-khez situation for her show and channel to gain eyeballs ๐Ÿ˜† The entire premise of the whole thing that she was doing this 'for parents sitting at home who worried and deserved to know what their children were doing outside' was hilarious. Zamane ya bachon mein sudhar channel waale or moral police nahi la sakte...only good parenting and true, religious and social education can do that.

It has to be noted that this kind of a thing has been going on since time infinitum...even in Pakistan, the ones who wanted to meet at parks and such did so in every era...you cannot use the stick and force people into decorum, because the ones who want to do it will find a way to do it. If not the park, they will meet somewhere else. And if these women running and falling all over themselves with their little mob army did anything, it was to create a scene without really achieving any good in society as they claimed and set out to do. How did no one among them foresee what a trainwreck it was going to be? Banane chale messiah, nikle ek number ke jaahil...

@redbold; so true, it was very troublesome to see where Pakistan still stands. There is no sense of mannerism or decorum.

Again i agree her way of taking on this subject was irksome, she could have dealt with it in a much more sensible way but she didn't. Whilst i still think this topic needs to be more open and brought out more, this was so not the way i wished to see it being ''discussed''.I agree good parenting can teach you the right way,but i will disagree also because at times it's the parents, social conventions & etc...that lead to such stuff also. I doubt anyone raised their children with the thought that one day they would expect such from them, children grow up and at a certain stage they have a mind of their own. If a child was brought wonderfully and still did this, would the parent's still be blamed? I think after a point, a person becomes responsible for themselves and their own actions, while they have their parental, social and religious teachings, they still make their own decisions in the end.

Yes it has been going till forever now but don't you think its occurring more so now than before? Yes, i know its all comes down to how you have been brought up but, i still question where is the Islamic country Pakistan?

Actually all these ladies...i don't think anyone of them saw what a ordeal it would turn out to be because they took this as a joke rather than a actual, mature rapidly growing problem...
Edited by thousandmiles - 12 years ago
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: thousandmiles

@redbold; so true, it was very troublesome to see where Pakistan still stands. There is no sense of mannerism or decorum.

Again i agree her way of taking on this subject was irksome, she could have dealt with it in a much more sensible way but she didn't. Whilst i still think this topic needs to be more open and brought out more, this was so not the way i wished to see it being ''discussed''.I agree good parenting can teach you the right way,but i will disagree also because at times it's the parents, social conventions & etc...that lead to such stuff also. I doubt anyone raised their children with the thought that one day they would expect such from them, children grow up and at a certain stage they have a mind of their own. If a child was brought wonderfully and still did this, would the parent's still be blamed? I think after a point, a person becomes responsible for themselves and their own actions, while they have their parental, social and religious teachings, they still make their own decisions in the end.

Yes it has been going till forever now but don't you think its occurring more so now than before? Yes, i know its all comes down to how you have been brought up but, i still question where is the Islamic country Pakistan?

Actually all these ladies...i don't think anyone of them saw what a ordeal it would turn out to be because they took this as a joke rather than a actual, mature rapidly growing problem...

@bold: That is exactly what I mean...if people choose to do something, you cannot stop them, and force is not a way to 'stop'...all it does is to make a person look for alternatives. The only thing that responsible individuals of a society, whether reformers or parents can do is to actively work and relay education and awareness. So the intent of my post wasn't to criticize or lay the blame at the door of parents...it was to say that if anyone can make a difference, it's positive parenting...because that basis of your morals and beliefs begins at home ever since you are a toddler, with the atmosphere you are given, with the openness and friendship in that parent/child relationship, so that kids do not feel the need to look for such outlets away from home and then hide and sneak around them. It is only natural for any child to have infatuations and find such attractions...every single one of them goes through it. What is different is how they deal with it, with a wise head on their shoulders or by making desperate choices...I really do believe that parents can help instill that good judgement in a child by giving them the required religious and societal education. Once they believe that they have fulfilled their duty as a parent and they let the child go out into the world as a mature and independent adult...the choices of the child do not fall at their feet...it was meant to be and so it is.

As for everything happening more than ever now...it is deemed as 'development' in the right direction...but sadly this 'development' is only in everything that takes towards societal deterioration and that's all that seems to matter to people as well...being more liberal and westernized. Solutions aren't easy to come by, but they definitely don't start with the way Maya Khan handled things.
InvisibleSmile thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
this was just BS! i mean seriously you can't force people to do anything, & how this Maya Khan took on this subject was more amusing than informative! Why was running behind ppl with 20+ aunties by her side? it was a joke๐Ÿ˜†, seriously & the nation asking for an apology? hello people, you see this thing occurring everyday just because she showed it on tv doesn't mean she committed some big crime. Everyone is responsible for themselves, when they come at a certain age they make their own decisions you can't force them into anything. Just because you hunted down the park, they will find other places to meet!

chaha_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
According to Young Pakistan page on facebook. Maya Khan's show is being taken off air on Monday

Young Pakistan
Maya Khan's show is being taken off air on Monday and she is receiving her termination notice. Samaa TV'.

1# SAMA TV asked Maya to apologise unconditionally which she did not.
2# The CEO asked her to do that on friday which she refused. As a result of which the following will be put in place on Monday,Jan 30th.
#1 Maya and her team will receive termination notices.
#2 Her show is being stopped from Monday morning.
Edited by chaha_khan - 12 years ago