chaha_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Morning show host, Maya Khan, who is having her show on Samaa(news channel), has been under a lot
of criticism lately, and may be rightly so. Her show has been under the scanner for a while now, due to certain reasons.
It must have been giving the channel required ratings, but when it comes to ethics ' there is more to learn than teach'. Recently, an episode has seem to irked everyone. Many call it 'classic' for all the wrong reasons. The episode had Maya and Co. going to different parks in Karachi and catching couples dating red handed.
Well, what is wrong in that? Are they invading someone's privacy? I am no one to judge, but what I had the problem with is Maya Khan's statement where she told the couple, "The Camera Is Off" even though they were being shot. Hello? How can you be so dumb.
Fans are angered due to this behavior of the host and have been calling for some strict actions, but our source tells that Maya is actually enjoying all the publicity that she is getting. On today's episode, she did end up apologizing for the behavior, but it is being said that she will continue doing what she is doing. After all what matters to the channel and the host is 'ratings'.
It must also be mentioned that she has been called all sort of names, on socialmedia sites recently. What affect it had on the anchor? We can't reallly see any!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
i tried watching the show...since everyone was posting it on FB...it was so silly...she couldnt even catch one couple...what did she expect...a group of 20 women running towards you...with cameras and mikes😆who will stick around for that...their is a subtle way to do these things...i guess maya doesnt know how to be subtle.