Review of the first episode of 'Honestly Speaking"

chaha_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Latest Article

Review of the first episode of 'Honestly Speaking"...

"Honestly Speaking", which is hosted by Shahzad Naseeb, ranks among one of my favorite chat-shows on Pakistani Television these days. Why? It is simple.Read on to find out...
I wanted to write this piece, right after watching the first episode of the show that had Ayesha Khan on the guest seat. The best part about this show is that the host is there to 'know' about the guest, and not shove himself down our throats. We have seen the likes of Azzfar and Mani(Sorry,guys) as hosts, where their sole purpose was to promote themselves- thanks to the crass, and hurtful rumors. The show might have been entertaining at times, but you never got to know the guest well.

Reviewing the show, the first episode was so good that I am actually looking forward to the second episode. I understand the quality of such shows depends a lot on the guests, as some are willing to open up, while others prefer keeping their skeletons in the closet.
The Ayesha Khan's episode was brilliant as it gave viewers an opportunity to see the real actress. There were no fake giggles or stupid jokes. The host was there to know the actress and the actress was there to let people know what she really is.
Fortunately, many topics were discussed- topics we want to see being discussed. The actress opened up on religion, politics, relationships, co-stars, controversies, affairs and much more.
The episode gave us so much to talk about, think and make our brain cells work.

I suggest, you watch the episode yourself to know where the show stands. It is a notch above most of our chat-shows, or the morning shows that are being aired today. How I wish it was promoted better. I am sure the show would've raked in better ratings had it been on a different channel. RECOMMENDED !!!

Some Burning Topics...

1. Aysha Khan claimed casting couch does exist.
2. Ayesha Khan went on to call her contemporaries cowards.
3. Ayesha Khan claimed she has been hit on by various top directors and actors, etc.