Negar Khan plans to return to India

funkygirlz95 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Negar Khan plans to return to India
Apr 28, 2006

Courtesy:

Norwegian model and actor Negar Khan — who was deported to Norway in February last year for working in the country without proper documentation — is planning to return to India and has apparently applied for a work permit in India. Negar has been signed by producer Manoj Nandawa for a film that will also star her ex-boyfriend Saahil Khan. The producer is trying to help her get a work permit. Incidentally, Negar and Saahil had claimed to be married at the time of her deportation, but officials did not recognize the marriage. So, what does Saahil feel now about Negar's return to India, considering that after the deportation, their long-distance 'marriage' ran into trouble with both publicly lashing out at each other. "We have not been in touch since then," he reveals. "It's really awkward for me. It's hard for me to describe if it's a good feeling or bad, but I am definitely feeling very uncomfortable at this moment. She blamed me for her deportation, but I did what was humanly possible. I am just an upcoming actor and not someone powerful who could've stopped her deportation."

"My friends and family tell me, 'you've tried your best. You even got married to her so that she could get an Indian citizenship, but she did not appreciate it'," he adds. And would he be comfortable working with her? "I am a professional and I have no issues working with her." Producer Manoj Nandawa is aware that Negar could face problems in acquiring a visa, but he is quite optimistic. "I have spoken to former Union Minister Shatrughan Sinha who is also acting in my film to help her get the visa to India." Negar could not be contacted.

Edited by funkygirlz95 - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Prometheus. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 18 years ago
hmmm thanks for the article interesting read
umi82990 thumbnail