Amara_B thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I have heard loads of people rave about this drama and have wanted to watch it for a very long time now. However I've always been extremely hesitant in watching it because of the title song which contains lyrics that sound like shirk to me. I'm just a bit confused about this, and was hoping someone could shed some light on it for me. I mean the OST seems to be suggesting the love you have for your life partner is comparable to/the same as the love you have for Allah:
"Dono hai ek Khuda aur mohabbat",
"mohabbat hai khuda jaisi, khuda hi to mohabbat hai"
Which is wrong because as muslims we are supposed to love Allah the most, followed by the prophet (saw), love for a life partner isn't even comparable.
Then it goes on:
"paro ayat, koi surat, sanam ke naam ka kalma"
Which again, kalma is read for Allah, not for man.
So basically what I want to know is if the drama follows the theme of the song, or if it's a bit more subdued.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ash_Smash thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Even though I am not muslim, but I understand your point. Dont hear what your hear, understand the meaning behind it, the title song is more sufi rooted, I dont know of your ever heard sufi music. Abida Parveen, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, and the famous sufi poet Bulleh Shah often use Metaphor in their music and poetry to show their love for Allah and the prophet. Khuda or Mohabbat try to see it in another way, who does love you most, and who do you love most ? Sanam means also beloved, and someone you worship, as idiols, so yea, I agree they should have used another word then Sanam in that part.
This may help.
Edited by Ash_Smash - 12 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Honestly, in my opinion the drama is plain retarded. It makes no sense and you're left wondering why the characters are so..so..weird? I truly believe this is the most overrated Pakistani drama of recent times.No offense to the fans who do like/love the drama..but I found it utterly crappy.

About your question in regards to the title song...though I also felt the title song was over the top with it's lyrics in regards to Khuda and Mohabbat..but, within the drama itself..they're not showing/promoting anything of that sort where you should prefer love over God. The characters are just utterly confused about God, mohabbat, people, family and life in general.
Edited by starstuck - 12 years ago
Ash_Smash thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstuck

Honestly, in my opinion the drama is plain retarded. It makes no sense and you're left wondering why the characters are so..so..weird? I truly believe this is the most overrated Pakistani drama of recent times.No offense to the fans who do like/love the drama..but I found it utterly crappy.

About your question in regards to the title song...though I also felt the title song was over the top with it's lyrics in regards to Khuda and Mohabbat..but, within the drama itself..they're not showing/promoting anything of that sort where you should prefer love over God. The characters are just utterly confused about God, mohabbat, people, family and life in general.

LOL gotta agree about the confuse part.. lol Lets hope the part 2 is better, anyway have you read the novel ?
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ash_Smash

LOL gotta agree about the confuse part.. lol Lets hope the part 2 is better, anyway have you read the novel ?

No, I haven't...have you? If so, did the story seem better while reading the novel? because onscreen I was just so lost for the most part. 😆
Ash_Smash thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstuck

No, I haven't...have you? If so, did the story seem better while reading the novel? because onscreen I was just so lost for the most part. 😆

Novel is best selling in Pakistan, recommend you to read the novel please, I feel the main point dint come out in part one, lots of part were skipped in the drama actually, oh well lol. 😆 Boy girl fall in love yada yada girl dies boy cries, its actually more then that..
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ash_Smash

Novel is best selling in Pakistan, recommend you to read the novel please, I feel the main point dint come out in part one, lots of part were skipped in the drama actually, oh well lol. 😆 Boy girl fall in love yada yada girl dies boy cries, its actually more then that..

yeah? I'll give it a shot during my next univ break lol.

I remember while watching the drama..I'd always see something or maybe I saw it initially during the first few promos..where they'd mention something along the lines of it being a best selling novel or something..which I think is why I even gave the drama a shot. However, I feel it was poorly directed and Sadia Khan is such a bad actress. Imran Abbas was okay..but at times I found him annoying too..Sadia Khan seemed to have like asthma attacks while trying to deliver her dialogues every now and then. 😆..
Ash_Smash thumbnail
@starstuck : Yea, the part she read Hammad's letter, I almost died how she reacted to the letter, dint get what she was doing, and her dialogue delivery ...no comment, save it. She was only good when she was dying, her asthma attack came handy there LOL You know who the director was, I dont know if you have watched famliy front ...that guy who played Bobby 🤓
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
that drama was such a disaster.. atleast for me..i never watched it after 4th episode i guess.. it was soo irritatingg.. over acting all the way..or no acting i should say
Amara_B thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanx for your response guys. I'm thinking I might give the drama a miss, from whats been said here sounds like it wasn't as great as I heard anyway, lol. I just assumed it would be excellent because of the hype, and Imran Abbass - seen two dramas he's starred in Meri Zaat, and Vasl, and they remain two of the best dramas I have watched to date.