Prem Chopra booked for fraud

401366 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Prem Chopra booked for fraud

By Bollywood Hungama News Network ,Jan 5, 2012 - 16:13 hrs IST

Bollywood baddie Prem Chopra along with Saleem from Saleem Productions, his wife Radha Keshwani, choreographer Sujata Bakshi and Rakesh Pandey have been booked for allegedly defrauding a man in Jaipur on the pretext of giving him a role in a film and offering a partnership in a dance and acting school.

An FIR was registered at Subash Chowk police station on Tuesday against Prem Chopra and the others on a complaint by Waseem Khan. Waseem alleged that Saleem took a total of Rs.3, 50,000 saying that he would produce a movie in which he would be given a role and also promised that a dance and acting school will be started using his money. He then took Waseem to Mumbai and made him meet Prem Chopra but nothing materialized after that.

The complainant alleged that despite the fact that he contacted them several times to start production of the movie and start the dance and acting school, nothing has been done. On Tuesday, the Court directed the police to lodge an FIR against the accused.

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/more/news/view/id/1399777

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 7
taklu tho real life mein bi villian hai 😆

i pity his daughters what kind of namune patis they have to deal with one lecherous dude who wont even leave an opportunity of banging a stray dog if possible and another using his "izzat" to find a strong foot hold in industry
Edited by manojshonafan - 12 years ago
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
omg thats sick.. really sick..
movies mein villianism kaam tha.. PC
401366 thumbnail

Um... may be his business partner is the culprit here. May be he was one of the partner on that project only for goodwill.. who knows. This kind of cases are pretty common. 🤔

Edited by bamboocopter - 12 years ago
sheee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Still he lived up to his image.
Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I have heard that Prem Chopra unlike his screen image is one of the nicest and warmest people in Bollywood. So Im a bit doubtful of this story.
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Will the Birlas bail him out... 😉
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
To me it looks like some fool was defrauded of his money by some cheats who passed off their venture as genuine by keeping Prem Chopra as a front. Otherwise I cannot imagine that a film can be made and a dancing and acting school can be started with a mere Rs. 3,50,000.
Such cases have happenned earlier too with other actors.
Edited by kshreya2002 - 12 years ago
sweet_angel27 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
good! Hope more people have guts to report these big stars/actors/directors for doing the same to them, cause I heard it happens a lot.