No sex scenes for me: Ayesha Takia

sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Many aspiring, and even some established, Bollywood actresses willingly shed clothes and enact titillating scenes to get roles in films but Ayesha Takia is so against skin show and titillating scenes that she makes her producers sign a contract which states that she will not be asked to show skin or enact sexual intimacy on screen.

She believes her talent and not her assets will draw her fans and producers to her and she walks her talk with a contract that states that stipulates that she will not be asked to show skin or enact sexual intimacy on screen.

The actress feels strongly that her acting speaks everything and only that draw her fans and producers to her.

Ayesha revealed in a TV interview hosted by Rajeev Masandthat on CNN-IBN that she had used such a contract from the very beginning of her career even though it had become public knowledge just recently.

When Masand quizzed on her reasons for insisting on such a contract, suggesting that perhaps she was not comfortable with her body Ayesha responded, "It is not about being uncomfortable, its about something that works for someone's life and does not work for someone else's life. I have a family that I am extremely close to. I have a whole life to go back to.."

"Tomorrow when I have children I want my children to say that our mom was a good actress...not that she was this sex symbol"

Ayesha was the original choice for the steamy Neal n Nikki produced under the Yash Raj banner. However, she turned down the film because the story involved not just skimpy dresses but intimate kissing and sex scenes.

"The things they had in the film, I completely don't agree with," said Ayesha.

The actress said that it does not matter to her who the director is or what the banner is. "It depends on me because I have to live with the decision."

While most starlets tend to hide their romantic relationships, citing possible fan disenchantment, but more likely because they are not sure if romantic relationship is what they are in. Ayesha, however, proclaims her love for her boy friend boldly insisting that she is not just dating him but madly in love with him!

She will be next seen in Naseeruddin Shah's directorila debut Yun Hota To Kya Hota.