Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Mrs.SKMehwish- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Finally the results are out. As I had hoped, the 3rd edition of Fenil's Half Yearly Awards has turned out to be much bigger than the previous two years. There was a huge increase in the number of voters which really came as a surprise. Nice to see that all my friends took out time to vote and also recommended to their near and dear ones! And damn glad to see members from the popular website Naachgaana too dropping by to cast their vote!

Now to the results! An interesting trend seen this year was that there was a clear division among the voters regarding their choice. Meaning, almost everyone got to extent equal number of votes and hence, till the last date, it was difficult to predict who will triumph. In fact, in certain categories, few lost by just one single vote! Such close shave among the nominees wasn't seen before. What's more, it threw up some nice surprises whichyou'll come to know as you check the results:

Best Film
NO ONE KILLED JESSICA
With 27% votes, the Rani Mukherjee-Vidya Balan starrer was ahead from Day 1. It got stiff competition fromShaitan (24%) but it lost by 4 votes. The biggest hit of 2011 till date, Ready, along with Pyaar Ka Punchnama, came third with 18% votes. Yeh Saali Zindagi and Shor In the City didn't find much patronage.

Best Director
RAJ KUMAR GUPTA (No One Killed Jessica) & AMOLE GUPTE (Stanley Ka Dabba)
For the first time ever, we haev a tie! Till yesterday evening, Amole Gupte was the sole winner but soon Gupta too joined him to be the joint winner. And Gupte's win was a complete surprise! Who would have predicted that this sweet-n-simple tale of an orphan would triumph over other biggies in this category? Shaitan's direction was loved by many but its director Bejoy Nambiar shockingly received 17% votes only. Same for Pyaar Ka Punchnama with its direction Luv Ranjan getting mere 8% votes! Shor In The City once again was given thumbs down here.

Best Actor in a Leading Role (Male)
SALMAN KHAN (Ready)
The Khan, enjoying currently his newfound success, emerged successful here with 27% votes. Shockingly, he lagged in the first 2 days but his votes dramatically increased later on! Partho received the lowest votes – 9%. For the rest, it was a close shave – Irrfan with 17% votes, Madhavan and Abhishek Bachchan with 16%  andRajeev Khandelwal with 15% votes.

Best Actor in a Leading Role (Female)
PRIYANKA CHOPRA (7 Khoon Maaf)
This was easily the most exciting category as a fierce battle was fought between Priyanka and Vidya. It was just impossible to predict who'll ultimately be the winner. Finally, it was Priyanka who emerged triumphant with Vidya losing by just 3 votes! But nevertheless, a well-deserved success as it was easily one of the best performances from Priyanka, even though the film failed to impress many!

Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Male)
DEEPAK DOBRIYAL (Tanu Weds Manu)
You might not like the protagonist's act but the hero's sidekick is always loved by all! Deepak Dobriyal, acting as Madhavan's pal and confidante in Tanu Weds Manu, came out with flying colours in this category. Falling 4 votes short is Anu Kapoor as the 5th hubby of 'madaam' Priyanka in 7 Khoon Maaf! The surprise was Imaad Shah getting 6% votes (for his terrific act 404) which is a feat considering the film was missed by many.

Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Female)
RANI MUKERJI (No One Killed Jessica)
A lot of 'experts' had commented that Rani's journalist act in NOKJ was 'over the top' and her mouthing abuses at the drop of the hat was anything but 'cool'! However, people seem to have loved her fierce performance for she bagged as many as 62% votesThis is the highest % of votes any nominee bagged in any category! This speaks volumes how much people love Rani and its really high time we get to see her in more (and well-made) films! Are you listening Rani?

Best Actor in a Comic Role
JAAVED JAFFERY (Double Dhamaal)
Jaaved's act as Arshad's retarded brother was one of the highlights of Dhamaal series. And it nicely seems to have tickled the audiences' funny bone. Paresh Rawal came quite close but fell short of 3 votes.

Best Actor in a Negative Role
ADITYA PANCHOLI (Dum Maaro Dum)
Here, there was a close fight between Aditya and Irrfan but the former won by 1 extra vote than the latter!Neil's sexy villainous act in 7 Khoon Maaf also found takers.

Best Debut (Male)
RANA DAGGUBATI (Dum Maaro Dum)
While the Pyaar Ka Punchnama stars were expected to strike gold here, it's Rana Daggubati that walked away with the maximum votes (38%). Divyendu Sharma aka the lovable Liquid fell short by as many as 10% of votes which surely is a shocker as his act had become the talking point for days. Nevertheless, Rana too gave his best shot and in fact dominated the climax of Dum Maaro Dum! Hence many congrats to this talented actor

Best Debut (Female)
KRITI MALHOTRA (Dhobi Ghat)
Another big surprise! The mysterious but extremely likeable Yasmin of Dhobi Ghat has remained etched in people's minds and impressed them immensely! No wonder she bagged as many as 36% votes, putting manypopular debutants behind. The beautiful Kulraj Randhawa came second and fell short of 10% votes. Similarly,Myra Karn aka reel-life Jessica too made an impact although she had a cameo role. The newbie bagged 13%votes. The shocker once again was related to Pyaar Ka Punchnama with Ishita Sharma (Charu, Liquid's love interest) getting the least votes (6%).

Best Debutant Director
BEJOY NAMBIAR (Shaitan)
The debuant director received low votes in Best Director category but compensated by winning here with 34%votes. Kiran Rao stood second with 28% votes while Luv Ranjan came third with 22% votes. Abhinay Deo ofGame, written off as the worst film of 2011 so far, surprisingly got 8% votes!

Best Item Girl
DEEPIKA PADUKONE (Dum Maaro Dum)
The song was a terrible remix but Deepika's hot-n-sexy act set the temperatures soaring and left the audiences lurching for more! And it's no surprise that she emerged a clear winner here with a huge 37% votes! Zarine Khan and Mallika Sherawat (Jalebi Bai) got equal votes (22%).

Best Music
PRITAM-DEVI SRI PRASAD (Ready)
Easily the most popular albums of 2011 till now, Pritam and Prasad (Dhinka Chika) emerged triumphant with27% votes. However they could have lost had they not received 3 votes more than Vishal Bhardwaj!

Best Lyricist
GULZAR (Bekaran…7 Khoon Maaf)
When there's Gulzar in the competition, naturally others don't stand a chance! The veteran songwriter won with a thumping 37% votes. Jaideep Sahni (Te Amo) and Sameer (Saibo) also came up with award-deserving lyrics and both bagged 22% votes which are also worth appreciation!

Most Popular Song
DHINKA CHIKA (Ready)
Another category where anybody could have been a winner! But as days progressed, one thing was clear – either of the 2 Ready songs would succeed. And ultimately it's Dhinka Chika which triumphed over Character Dheelaby just 1 vote while Character Dheela defeated Sadi Gali to come 2nd also by 1 vote!

Best M Playback Singer
MOHIT CHAUHAN (Abhi Kuch Dino Se…Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji)
Mohit's intensely romantic voice once again won everybody's hearts to the extent that it put way behind the singers of popular songs! While Mohit bagged 32% votes, the runner-up, Neeraj Sridhar (Character Dheela)received 22% votes which are peanuts when compared to the song's popularity. But then, being popular isn't equivalent being the most impressive, isn't it?

Best F Playback Singer
SHREYA GHOSHAL (Saibo…Shor In The City)
After being relegated to the last place in most categories, the film finally won 1 award thanks to ShreyaUsha Uthup and Rekha Bhardwaj (Darling) who were expected to win fell short of mere 4% votes. Also, Suman Sridhar (Shaitan's Khoya Khoya Chand) could gather just 16% votes.

TOTAL AWARDS WON BY:

NO ONE KILLED JESSICA – 3
DUM MAARO DUM – 3
READY – 3
7 KHOON MAAF – 2
DHOBI GHAT – 1
DIL TOH BACCHA HAI JI – 1
TANU WEDS MANU – 1
SHOR IN THE CITY – 1
STANLEY KA DABBA – 1
SHAITAN – 1
DOUBLE DHAMAAL – 1

All those who wish to confirm whether the winners and percentages are true and not rigged/cheated can do so here!

To conclude, I would again like to thank each one of you who helped in making these awards successful as I wanted it to be! I hope you guys had lots of fun in voting and also in checking out the results! Many surprises sprang up which I didn't expect at all. These awards have indeed helped in giving a clear idea about people's tastes and have cleared all assumptions regarding the same!

We'll be back next year for sure and I promise it would be bigger! Till then, keep visiting my website for all the latest news, gossips, and lots of interesting stuff!

-purnima- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
[QUOTE=akkiii].---egggactly  😆😆😆... ab news toh everyday nahi aa sakti  😆😆😆 . there shud be more discussion 😛😛
chalo kisi ne to mere cause ko seriously liya haha... last time I gave this topic ...hw wud rajeev's first kiss on screen be like ...i noe its funny to start such topic ...but u guys get deaf n blind n dint respond😭😆...so I stopped posting discussion topics ----awww  dats sad  hope now more ppl join in  😃😃😃

thoda coordination prblm hai  😆😆😆 ek aata  hai toh dusra nahi aata  😆😆😆
hmmm ...but mostly me n u r online at the sametime ...night mein to i m totally offline ..papaji ko plane dekhne ka shauk hai ..toh he is seeing fighter planes at that time ...so no luck for me--
same here i am here almost whole day till 4-5pm  😆😆😆 ... night tak bati gul ho jati hai 😆😆... afterall lappy also needs rest 
😆😆😆

@oily--- yes RK was there on a show on zoom big story yday  😆😆😆... i am not sure wat was the name of the prog  😕😕😕

Originally posted by: -purnima-

hiii puri i am maha plz id me in fb don rajeevious plz tell soundtrack ka promo kab aye ga👏

Illumination thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: mahaandneha

hey guys ...saw Rajeev on Zoom big story today ...kindly sumbody upload it ...he was looking great ...n had grown his beard ...wearing black

the big story was bout how for religious issues or terrorism the politicians etc bash the stars

hope this info helps

do upload

luv

akki ni kaha hai

OMMGGG!😲😛  maha thats good  but yara  I really do not know 🤔 about thats  so   plz u  ask  to  puriii   😳😆 i hope she  know about thats 😊😛
-purnima- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@maha-- u are added there  on Fb 😊😊 as 4 promo may be by august first-second  week

@oily-- i dont know the exact name of prog as i just got the glimpse of it  on zoom 😆😆

Illumination thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: -purnima-

@oily--- yes RK was there on a show on zoom big story yday  😆😆😆... i am not sure wat was the name of the prog  😕😕😕

thank  purii  for the  information ..I would love to watch   of the   ZOOM channel  but   unfot //  yday I  was  not seen  thats show ...I miss  thats..so i really  do not know about  thats..🤔...

charusujal thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Guyz interview of Rajeev in dis month's FILMFARE Magazine...
😃  😃  😃 Edited by charusujal - 12 years ago

Originally posted by: charusujal

😃  😃  😃

hello kab hai rk interview

Originally posted by: charusujal

😃  😃  😃

thanks u ree u r so sweeet ree plz tell me photo shoot bhi ho ga tum kaha se pata chala
rajeevkiijann thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mahaandneha

thanks u ree u r so sweeet ree plz tell me photo shoot bhi ho ga tum kaha se pata chala

HI MAHA KAB HAI INTERVIEW