Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: nksweetgirl

well never expected to see this thread but it is a great surprise because i absolutely love the show and the novel. The whole prospect of religion and love just brings a whole new concept to these days 'modern' love. I came to Canada from Pakistan when i was a child so the whole class thing was quite hard to understand for me but i did found out that it happens in a lot of high class families. also i was always very fascinated by the urdu language because it is such a pure language. i took urdu classes here so now i can proudly say that i know how to read urdu ( still learning how to write though lol). but those of you who know how to read urdu, i request read the novel. it's epic, and its so much more in dept than the show that after reading it you will enjoy the show way much more. the only thing i didn't like about the novel was the ending. i wont say anything to ruin it for anyone but i just hope that the show ends differently. the whole novel also made me quite sad when i realized that we don't see this kind of love these days anymore. the kind of love where a person does everything for his or her love. the highlight for me in the novel and the show so far is that Hammad turns his world upsite down for Imman even though he just met her once or twice but he fells in love with her just with ONE love. i just wish that our generation also realize the true meaning of love and what a beautiful emotion this is.

~~Naila~~~

While I agree that seeing Hammad turn his whole world upside down is pretty heart-melting, it bothers me that he could want to be with a girl just after catching a glimpse of her once or twice. He doesn't know anything about this girl, and it seems like he has fallen in love with her looks more than anything. He hasn't even exchanged a few words with her, and here he is telling her he loves her. I hate to sound so bitter and pessimistic, but Hammad loves seems almost shallow and self-obsessed. He likes her, and so he feels like he should have her. Its hard to call this love at first sight "true love" - what if Imaan turns out to be the total opposite of what Hammad imagines her to be? I suppose this is my practical side speaking louder than all the romanticism that exists somewhere deeper inside my mind, but at the same time, I do think the Hammad's hastiness and his desire to want something he can't have are all a part of his personality - maybe even a flaw in his character, you could say.
nksweetgirl thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
well i do agree with you that it does seem like Hammad is in love with her looks and if we look from a more practical point of view it does seem like self-obsessed and shallow as you said but at the same time people do say that love is not a practical thing. there's no logic whatsoever in it. although the book described their first "meeting" so beautifully that it does look like that he has fallen in love with her at the first sight of her not just her beauty. its another thing i dont like about the show is that how they are rushing everything. they should have show Hammad struggle when he first saw her and also his impatiences after the party.

~Naila~