--*Khuda aur Mohabbat*-- Episode 3

Nimz-KMH thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Hello Everyone 😊

Those who don't know me yet, I'm Nimra (nimz), a new member of Pakistani TV Forum. I've been observing the forum since last few days and feel it needs alot of help. Our mission is to keep the forum active at all times. There are 1000's of people out there, on FB/Orkut etc who love watching and discussing Pakistani serials but not all of them know that there is a forum where they can come together and discuss whatever they want to. So if you know someone who's interested, please let them know about this forum and encourage them to be a part of it.

Now, I'm sure many of us are watching Khuda aur Muhabbat nowadays so I thought of opening a weekly thread for daily discussion . In other words, I'll be opening a thread every Thursday after the episode airs and we will have a chance to discuss whatever we like until the next episode.

As a result:

1. We'll get a common place to discuss our favorite serial.

2. We'll get to meet wonderful people here.

3. The forum is active.

4. We'll have FUN!🥳

But there are always some rules to follow, right? .

So through my experience of past couple years on I-F, I've come up with some ground rules which MUST be followed as soon as you step into this thread.

Note: Mods/DT, let me know if you disapprove any rule and I will update it ASAP.

Rules

1. This is a discussion forum, not a fighting ground, so please be polite with your fellow members.

2. Actor or character bashing is not allowed.

3. DO NOT discuss personal matters of actors here. We don't want to know if they are single/married, dating and so on. Please spare them, it's their personal life.

4. DO NOT attack any fellow member personally. If you can't take difference of opinion, this is probably not the right place for you.

5. Since KAM is based on a novel, you may discuss it if needed but keep it to a minimum. We don't want to argue whether the novel is better or the show.

6. Comparisons are not allowed. There are other threads made for other shows.

Now the most important rule:

7. Religion:

Religion is a sensitive issue to talk about. But keep in mind that this drama is about Love & God/Religion as the title clearly states "Khuda aur Muhabbat". As long as we don't attack someone's religious views, we can openly talk about anything that relates to the show. This is a Pakistani TV forum after all, we're not going to other forums to talk about such issues, it stays in this thread ONLY.

KAM (Khuda aur Muhabbat) has already completed 2 episodes excluding today's.

Let's have a sypnosis of the last two episodes and we shall move on from there.

Episode 1:
The first scene of this episode describes the crux of the problem upon which this whole drama is built. It starts off with a mesh of scenes wherein at one side we see so called Muslims partying away and drinking in the wee hours of dawn while on the other side, men are preparing for Fajr at a masjid. The stark difference is shown all the more with the sound of loud music booming from the nightclub and the sound of azaan from the masjid. That being said, the drama does also introduce its main characters. We meet Hammad, the young son of a rich businessman cum diplomat, who is pretty much disinterested in everything around him. He just seems to live each day as though he has no choice but doesn't know what to do with himself. His family is very rich and quite un-Islamic. On the other hand we have the Maulvi sahab who teaches Hammad's nephew Quran. Maulvi sahab lives in a quaint little accommodation close to the Masjid with his two obedient daughters and nephew. At the end of this episode, we see Hammad's family planning a party on the occasion of their grandson's completion of a para.

Episode 2:
The child is quite attached to the Maulvi sahab as well as his daughters, one of whom is called Iman. After the child's insistent requests, Maulvi sahab allows his daughters to go to the party at the rich people's house. Hammad sees them there and he gets quite mesmerized by their attire and attitude, especially that of Iman's. The daughters however are made to feel very unwelcome in the whole house, and even their request to pray is looked upon as very insulting and demeaning of their upper class stature. Later on we find out that Hammad and Iman have a friend in common and both of them learn about one another through her. At the end of the episode, both of them have arrived for their friend's wedding celebrations and it looks like they might finally speak to each other in the next episode.

***Great Job Seert, thanks for writing this***

👏👏
Edited by Nimz-KMH - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nimz-KMH thumbnail
Res😳
Finally got some time to update my spot😳.
I must thank all of you for participating in the thread. Loved everyone's thoughts👏.
@rdfan,
You basically wrote everything that I had in mind👍🏼. Episode 3 was a treat to watch, most of the screen space was given to Hammad-Imaan as it was the official first meeting of them.
Hammad's absolute self-confidence and then the lack of self-confidence when he faced Imaan was very well portrayed. It reminded me of the first chapter of the novel where Hammad says, "meri apni danist main mohabbat se bara koi aor haadsa aesa nahi jo hamari zindagiyon main warad hota ho"...If it wasn't for Imaan or true love, Hammad would have never come face to face with his weakness, the lack of self-confidence he always had inside of him.
The highlight of the show for me was the scene where Hammad bumps into Imaan "but she doesn't cover her face" when she sees a na'mehram. She immidiately looks around to see if anyone has seen them but she stands there for roughly a minute without trying to cover her face which she always does from outsiders.
That was an important part of the episode as it elaborates on the character of Imaan even more. She might be labeled as a "maulvi's daughter" but here she was an ordinary human being, with feelings in her heart just like everyone else. A human being who sometimes despite of his conservative thoughts loses himself in the midst of human emotions. That is where she forgot what she had been doing all her life and that is why she will fall for this man. Now i'm not saying it's wrong for her to do so but there's always that split-second moment when we slip away from our own judgements of ourselves.
Notice that later in the episode when she sees Hammad in the library, she immidiately covers her face without wasting a second. That tells she's aware of what she did the day before, it might be an aweful mistake for her and she doesn't want to repeat the same mistake ever again. I'm looking forward to her character groW*H and the way she will justify herself even when she's in love.
I absolutely loved the convo between Nighat & Hammad. They have so much love and care for each other. And the dialogue, "ye tumhari sahelion ka jumma bazaar.................." just cracked me up😆. Sure he's a handsome guy, why wouldn't he think of himself one😉.
The shock of the day was when Haya is also playing along and helping Nighat succeed in their plan. The precap for episode 4 shows a broken Imaan, saddened and hurt by her little sister's intentions. And ofcourse Hammad's very "modern" mother is not gonna leave a chance to blame the whole thing on Maulvi sahib😒. Isn't that how the rich, the more powerful people always deal with the not so powerful ones!
Now what I like most about this drama is the fact that even the small moments make a big difference. There's so much purity in the way Hammad looks at Imaan. The way his heart skips a beat everytime she comes face to face with him. The moment right after their first meeting was beautiful. The anxiety, nervousness, and the tension that was being built inside his heart was clearly shown through his silent eyes yet speaking million words.
I do want to mention another beautiful scene from episode 1 which I have probably seen over 50 times now😳. The moment when he opens the door and finds Imaan and Haya praying. He has obviously seen people pray infront of him but what was so different this time that shook him up from the very core and the way he took a step back was beyond any words. I could literally feel his heart pounding. To me that was the moment when he unknowingly fell for this girl, it was a strange attraction. He didn't even see her face, not ever hear her talk yet there was something about this girl which stayed with him even after she left the party. Something that was going to give him the hardest, the most painful time of his life.
I feel the girl playing Nighat needs little polishing in her acting skills and so do the girl playing Imaan. She has a huge role in this drama, her character is strong and powerful and so should her dialogue delievery and acting be.
The worst part is the wait of an entire week which seems a too long to wait for!😕 but it's all worth it when I actually watch the new episode.
Keep posting here and make the forum active😉.
Edited by Nimz-KMH - 13 years ago
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Heya Nimz

Applaud u for yr effort ...and I shall be back with my views in this very post soon😊

Edited

Just finished watching 😍.....and i absolutely loved Hammad's fondness for Nighat ...his sister( hope i get the name right )...and his open playful terms with her ...the bro -sis relation is def something to watch out .....Hammad doesnt share this kind of relationship with ne one at home .....

Also luved Hammads absolute self confidence ..(.his luv for his good looks..).when he says to his sis...havent yr friends seen a good looking guy ever before ...and the very next moment his total lack of self confidence when he comes face to face with Emaan .....amazing ....and his total loss of confidence and words that he leaves from there and tries to calm himself once alone ......i luved the switch from total self confidence to total lack of it within mins......Also noteworthy was Emaan's sister Haya's expression when Hammad leaves from there

Hammads total involvement as a true family memeber was very well displayed ...and that entire convo between Abdullah Shakir chacha and Maddy was really sweet .Him dropping Abdullah and Emaan and Haya was quite a treat to watch specially him trying to look at her thru the mirror while driving and she totally oblivious to the fact

Hammads family is totally caught up in the high society cobweb ...show off ..n all though Ibaad seems to be well grounded and looks like the future support for Hammad in the family .....His father very conveniently wanting to use his social work ..and his proximity with the servants and poor to his advantage during elections ...while the mother is totally against his style of living .His open and clear views abt living his life his own way was like a trailer ....of the whole film to come .But it did project Hammad as a well brought up personality .He dislikes his family's thinking and behaviour ...this dislike is beginning to irritate and in future may lead to rebellion of sorts

His helpless total loss of self control and being totally lost ...bec of her ..and his friend trying to knock some sense into him as he is heading towards dangerous territories was good and then him finally realizing that Nighat wud be the one to help and then entire bro sis convo was superb with Nighat unsuccessfully trying to convince him of not heading into danger and like a true friend doubting the bro's intentions and him totally understanding her thoughts and clarifying that he isnt going to cause her or Emaan any trouble his intentions are pure and him taking her kasam and begging her to make him meet Emaan once and then leaving hurt and disappointed when Nighat isnt able to commit to helping him .....this bro- sis scenes are way too good 😳

Sis eventually cooking up a plan to help bro ...out and Hammads goof up seeing Emaans hesitation at his presence in the library and them him cursing himself for messing it up and then haya and Nighat telling him he has 3 mins to say what ever he wants and him ultimately finding her and then book dropping frm her hand breaking the beads of the flip flop ....which i guess Hammad will keep as a nishani probably ......

Also Hammads denial of getting into a marriage deal and telling his mom of plus absconding on the day of the announcement was like the rebellion trumpet getting its official blow

Next week looks quite exciting in terms of the cat is out of the bag ...though Emaan might be aware of Hammads feeling but how and when she reciprocates remains to be seen

As for the acting i mean no one else can be Hammad except Imran .....he is just perfectly cast 😊
...though the actress isnt upto the mark specially her dialogue delivery.....other then that MUST WATCH EPISODE

Edited by rdfan - 13 years ago
Nimz-KMH thumbnail
Hi rdfan😊

thanks for taking your time to write something. Will be looking forward to your views.
-aweshome_moi- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Hey Nimra!!
Thanks a tonn for this.Much much needed for people like me who can't live without discussions!...Lol.
So far,I'm loving the show.The purity of feelings is what we see here,and it really makes it different from other shows,and a delight to watch.
Gotto watch today's epi.And it was one which truly described Love.Other people were given less space today.It was basically based on Hammad's feelings for her,which made the epi.totally beautiful than the first 2 epis.
Like rdfan mentioned above;the cutest part of the epi.was Hammad's relation with his sister.The scene where he bumps into Emaan was simply beautiful.His "totally lost" expressions were perfect.And showed how he actually has pure love in his eyes for her.Imran's good at the expressions' department,I must say.
Like I said,the epi.was almost about Hammad's feelings.There's a bit when he drops them off at their place.The way he kept catching glances of her through the mirror was *sigh*.....and she never tried to look at him.I like how this girl is.
Hammad finally convinces Nighat to let him talk to Emaan for once.Emaan's sister also helps him out.The library part was amazing.How the three girls entered the Library,Hammad kept talking to Nighat about why was he here,and he did not let his eyes off Emaan,for once:simply loved tht bit.
In the last scene,he finally goes to meet her in the library;and she drops some books on seeing him.Imagine what the scene would be like.I'm sure they're gonna have their first conversation,there.
Plus,how in b/w they kept showing his tension,confusion,nervousness was well-potrayed.
Alll in all,today's epi.was a MUST WATCH!!>...Can't wait for the next one.He has already started hating his family even more for the sake of Emaan's love!!.....*sigh*.....
simplytoxic thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I liked today's episode. Hammad's scenes with his sister were nice. They have a really sweet relationship. I don't know I feel like the show is lacking something...the whole concept is good and everything but just needs a little spark to pick up...maybe the story hasnt moved that much or something....but looking forward to the next episode after watching precap!
All the scenes are beautifully picturized.... I think Haya's character will be something to look out for. She is such a fun loving sister and I think she will encourage Hammad and Imaan's love.
By the way, have you guys noticed that Abdullah is also silently in love with Imaan? I wonder how this love triangle will develop...
ps. by the way, love this idea for keeping the foum active. I recently started to visit this section but found out it's very dead...but looks like it is starting to pick up. With so many good dramas on air at the moment...it's so much tp discuss!!!
farahs_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I couldnt watch yesterday's epi due to Pakistan Canada cricket match :(......But after reading the reviews..i think i have missed a good epi...and i hate to watch serials on youtube... Can anyone tell me the repeat timings? Geo doesnt give many repeats
445892 thumbnail
hey its great effort....m first tym vist this forum..plzz do pm me when wil update the next episode..i loved this drammaa .......really welldoneee
Warda. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thank u nimz for this thread:-)
ep.3 was rocking...loved the bonding b/w Hammad and shakir chachas family...despite of being from a big family hes so simple as if he is a part of them.....loved imran abbas throughout this episode his expressions when he was surrounded by the girls were a treat to watch:-)
i guess iman will take a lot of time to understand that hammads intentions are so pure...really looking forward to it😍

and the diffrences between the setup of two different classes is very well portrayed.....
Nimz-KMH thumbnail
Finally updated my spot😳