Harlequin romance Vs Motorcycle Dude (OS)

-Sookie- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

Harlequin romance Vs Motorcycle Dude

Something was up. He could feel it. He could sense it. He could hear it whisper in the air.

Or it could be because she was awfully shifty whenever he went to her cabin and hid the book she was reading in her purse. The first line was added for pure theatrics; also that he was obsessed over Lord of the Rings. Given his damn curious personality he desperately wanted to know what she was reading. His good manners had stopped him from going through her purse but this curiosity was slowing overpowering all sense of rationality. All this heightened when she closed the screen on her side across the glass panel that separated them during lunch.

He hated that she was good at being sneaky and had kept her secret close to herself.

It was twelfth day in a row she had hid herself in her cabin during lunch hour and his curiosity got better of him and barged inside. Either his entry was unexpected or she was too engrossed in her book to notice him. She tried to hide the book when she realized her personal time was being intruded by her boss but she was tad too late. In less than a moment, the book was in his hands.

"Bound by your magic spell under moonlight? Really? Are you seriously reading this?" He asked her grinning at the cheesy title.

"As a matter of fact I am reading this. Thank you very much", she snapped and tried to snatch her book from his hands. He kept it safely out of her reach which made her jump like a kid for few times after giving up and she silently fumed.

"Let's see what this is all about. The guy's name is Alpha Maverick and the girl's name is Jayla Le Clerc. Wow! Talk about being redundantly cheesy. So they meet one day at random place, blah blah blah, have steamy affair more blah and then nothing. That's the story, right?" He asked, his torso shaking with mirth. She fumed."

"It's not all erotica okay? There is a good storyline surrounding the two characters." She fumed further more.

"Come on Geet. They are all the same. You read one, you read them all. They meet, they fantasize, foreplay, sex, fantasy foreplay slash sex, more of the same stuff in different places and situation and only in last fifteen pages they talk. If you are lucky that is. Else all talking would be reduced to last page where it would involve them professing their undying love."

"It's not as shallow as you make it to be. I agree it's no Booker material, but it's not as bad as you make it sound", she replied her tone showing signs of annoyance.

"Really? What does the story involve? Different places they make a go at it? Or the way each fantasize at the other?" He sniggered. She finally managed to snatch away the book from his hands. He happily settled in the chair opposite to her.

"I don't care much about cheesy titles and cheesy names. But the scenes are so romantic." She gushed like a school girl talking about her crush.

"Oh yeah? Name one", he challenged.

"Alright. See I am now reading this scene where in Jayla refuses to acknowledge the attraction growing between her and Alpha. The two of them have an argument." She explained wide eyed and started walking around enacting the scene for her boss. He was only more amused at her antics.

"And then she gets annoyed or scared of the desire flowing from her so she tries to run away. Alpha catches her right wrist in his left palm and circles her waist with his right arm. She puts her left arm around his neck and they have this intense eye lock going on. Waahh....." She gushed yet again her hands positioned like that female protagonist in her novel.

In retrospect when he thinks about this in future, he would probably call his next action as the one that was invoked due to afternoon heat, hunger and boredom. Also that her insanity was somehow was contagious for that one moment and it made him do that stupid thing.

Anyway seeing how enthusiastic she was with the posture and everything, he decided to help her out. He got up and walked in front of her.

He grabbed her right wrist with his left hand and pulled her to him. Step one done.

He circled his right arm around her and pulled her even closer. Step two done.

His part was done. All Geet or any other woman for that matter had to do was to put her left arm around his shoulders. The scene would be complete then. There was tiny mistake in his entire plan.

One; Geet was just not any other woman.

Two; Geet was definitely not any other woman to fall for his random charm.

Three; Geet was left handed.

In less than a millisecond her left fist collided with his stomach in what a woman's lib representative would call an "awesome punch" and perhaps give her a medal or a certificate.

"Ooofff", he shoved her off him and clutched his stomach. "What was that for you dolt?" He hissed.

"Because you just tried to molest me you jerk", she seethed folding her arms in front of her.

"Wha...? If that moronic steroid pumped fake tanned Alpha Something does the same thing then it's romantic and if I do the same act, which by the way was for demonstration purpose, then it's molesting? You truly are a nutcase." He told her incredulously, settling on the chair. No more live action demonstration of novella, his mind decided.

"You got it all wrong. First of all you caught my right wrist."

"So?"

"Well for me, right is wrong and left is right." She said plainly. He looked on not understanding a single word.

"I mean, I am a left hander correct? So my right wrist which also has a watch tied is caught by your hand. And when your hand presses on my wrist, it hurts. Contrary to what crap they show on TV when a man drags a woman by wrist, it hurts like hell. And its least bit romantic when all you want is to keep up with the ass who is dragging you by your wrist because otherwise you feel like your wrist will get detached from your arm." She said in an "I am almighty on wrist science" way. He managed to close his hung mouth and swallowed slowly.

She was more than a nutcase he had imagined.

She was totally and completely bonkers of the incurable variety.

"Should I answer something? Or are you going to talk ignoring my..."

"Since I am left handed, I acted instinctively and I punched you solid. But had you caught on my right hand, even then result would be the same because I am wired that way. But with any other woman it might have been opposite", she continued ignoring his interruption. He promptly shut up and listened to her.

"Please take a note Sir. As a man it is very important for you first know the woman you are trying to woo is a left handed or a right handed. Also please remember that not every woman in this world is actually attracted to you." She finished grandly and grinned.

"That's not true", he recovered fast.

"What? Knowing the woman you are hitting on is a lefty or a righty?"

"No, I can bet that every woman on this planet is attracted to me. Or at least they turn heads when I walk past them." His arrogance didn't come out of nowhere actually. He was mostly right.

"I don't."

"Okay, let me correct my statement. Every straight woman, that is."

"I am straight. I rarely hunch my back."

He stared in amazement at the woman standing in front of him. She was baffling. There was no way he was going to fall into the old trap again.

"Whatever. Was that the moral of the steamy novel you are reading?"

"Well, you did learn your lesson didn't you?" She replied condescendingly and blatantly smirking at him. He sighed.

"Well this wasn't the kind of moral I was looking for you know?"

"Who cares? As far as you know that there is a probability that you will be punched in a posture like what I just demonstrated", she seemed to be still reeling high on punching him.

"Whatever Geet. So this is what you have been up to all this while, is it? Reading harlequin romances."

"Yeah. Pinky borrowed it from her colleague here and I happen to chance up on it. But like you said, it does get a little redundant. I am chucking this hobby now." She sighed and shoved the book into the drawer. Before he could respond, she continued.

"Let's go get some lunch. I am starving. You are buying."

"Why should I buy Geet? And besides who said I will come with you for lunch?" He replied getting up and waited for her to collect her stuff.

"You should buy because you are stingy boss who doesn't pay me well enough to take anyone else out to eat. And besides you are rich so you can easily afford. You will come to lunch with me because you are already ready and up on your feet waiting for me to pack my stuff and come with you", she said the entire thing in one breath and looked at him challengingly.

"I am not stingy. I am an excellent evaluator of resources and I attribute their value accordingly", he said holding the door open for her.

"Hang on. Are you calling me an idiot?" She nodded thanks to him and also managed to glare thoroughly.

"Well...you like the types of Alpha Maverick!" He exclaimed referring to her romance novel hero.

"I don't like him sir. I only fantasize", she grinned cheekily. He wanted to bang his head.

"So who do you like?" He asked even before he could apply filter on his brain. He bit his tongue in annoyance.

"The likes of you", she happily replied and sat in the car his driver brought in as if she owned it. He stood rooted in front of his office for a minute staring at the woman who was impatiently motioning him to get in.

A mundane afternoon had turned entertaining in a totally different way. He shook his head of random thoughts and allowed himself to be bombarded with million questions by the woman about food and the place he was taking her to.

Sookie

Edited by -Sookie- - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RadiantTreasure thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Good to see ur OS so soon Sookie
Loved it as usual..πŸ˜ƒ
Though i have no idea about  Harlequin romance and now i don't want to know after googling it..πŸ˜†

One; Geet was just not any other woman.Two; Geet was definitely not any other woman to fall for his random charm.Three; Geet was left handed. 🀣

That's not true", he recovered fast."What? Knowing the woman you are hitting on is a lefty or a righty?"🀣

"Okay, let me correct my statement. Every straight woman, that is.""I am straight. I rarely hunch my back."🀣

"So who do you like?""The likes of you"😳😍

U know what i like in Maan n geet..even after they scold..fight with eachother..throw tantrums like kids..atlast they both know eachother so well at the end n they sort it out....which makes them perfect mis-match..πŸ˜†β˜ΊοΈ

Sri:-)

Edited by sri_4 - 13 years ago
havokhotline thumbnail

This is excellent stuff :D Brilliant !

-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
..In the last group there's some florals, but some new kinds of things. Little harlequin diamonds and some birds, different things...

---

It reminds me of the sweet romance in Aus.. I was hopeing the motorcycle would slip into the bedroom ...and close the door behind 😳.. I hope I am not crossing the line.. πŸ˜‰

Above of all .. written brilliantly.... 
Edited by night13 - 13 years ago
-afsha- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
That was fab
geet n her antiques
It looks lik she is the boss n Maan is her worker hehehehehe
I jus loved it
ninand thumbnail
hilarious to boot.. ! harlequin romances.. ohyeah.. i remember.. though I would ascertain that I do not look at the cover art πŸ˜†... used to tell me in exactly two-words words what I am about to read and fantasize about- B**sh**... πŸ˜†

Its hilarious again, how tightly wound hes around her little finger... its like sitting and reading an A.G.Gardner all by yourself on a lazy afternoon, chuckling and talking to the book, about the simplest whims and habits, looking around to share a chuckle but then , not really..πŸ˜ƒ

its intriguing how far gone hes into his fantastic world.. conversations-unto-conversations about her, with her, nudges me to think if in your mind they ever so conventionally meet... 

Your OS'es bout them seem more dreamlike than one is lead to believe.. love them.

ps: thanks for the pm.

ScatteredCastle thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
You know something S, I'm oh-so-delighted whenever i receive a PM regarding anything from you, but then the link lands me to the Geet - Hui Sabse Paraayi forum and half of my happiness converts into Oh, again! 

But nevertheless, I'm going to come back to this too. πŸ˜• πŸ˜³

*edit* 

As late as I might be, I loved it no less! 

Alpha Maverick and Jayla Le Clerc!? and Bound By Your Magic Spell under Moonlight? ... you bet, i really dug Google out to find the existence of 'such' cheesy things! Lame! :| .. Very Very Lame! 

Humph, SO, dude... it was amazing as ever, cheeky, again! I loved the last part...where he was up and ready to march for a lunch date! Gosh, if Maan-Geet were/are about 10 percent of this, I swear, I would watch that show without a missing second! Trust me, I would! 

Okay, so tired of commenting in the 'MG' forum, I want to go back to those 'revenging' times... when you kinda Updated in other forums too! Lady Bug, demands a super awesome and rocking update for that fic! Quick! :((

Btw, I loved it too!  

Edited by Angel-Pebby - 13 years ago
-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Sookie- I loved this...and probably it hit very close to home...I love these dime novels and can be found reading one just to unwind every now and then...my husband finds many such ways (similar to Maan) of poking fun at my tall, dark and handsome European or Latin American heroes
Your Geet is cute in an amusing way... I can totally see the appeal...  Maan, on the other hand, the cocky bas***d that he is πŸ˜‰
Newdime thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

It was a resplendently, wittily, entertaining my lunch break treat.