What ticks you most about Indian movies?

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago
This is about Indian movies in general....what ticks you most about them? As in...what do you think western movies have that Indian movies should learn from? Or....do you think Indian movies are perfect as they are?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

muffins2waffles thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I think Indian movies are good. It's just, sometimes they're not realistic. That's the only thing that bothers me, but otherwise, I love them. Also, Indian movies try to copy other styles so so much. I think they should stick to their originiality :)
x.sunayna.x thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
what ticks me most about indian movies nowadays, is like aishi.muffin said - how unrealistic they are, and the fact that they're missing that cultural element in them - (mostly bollywood though) .. I also don't like the fact that half the movies are set in America/Australia etc.. American movies are set in America, Indian movies should be in India.
isomers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
^^ you make a point, they should be set in India itself, gives the movie a stronger theme.

I've always hated the unrealistic factor of it, but it has toned down now. Telugu movies(nowadays..some of them) don't have as many fighting scenes and stabbing scenes as they used to in the beginning of the decade.

supercool3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
as everyone metioned above, it mostly ticks me off when the movie just seems too unrealistic...I mean I get that the heavy mass scenes and all the fighting and etc used to be a big thing back then... but times have changed, and viewers are looking for a story with substance... and now, we only ask for such heavy scenes only if the script requires it....
plus... it would definitely be helpful if the movies are set in India itself... that would be a plus point for the movie, rather than making it seem like it being assimilated into some western culture..
but otherwise, Indian movies are fine the way they are... regardless of which industry it comes from... there is always that flavour to it which can never be found in any Hollywood movie... and this flavour can be credited as the uniqueness of Indian cinema