Malaal...& other shows!

134529 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
It feels weird to be in this part of I-F since it's my first time here. 😆

Okayyyyyy, so since my first semester of college is over with, and since winter break has officially began (YAY!)....I've decided to watch a few Pakistani shows. I've heard soooo much about them! Good things, of course....like how they have good actors, how they don't run forever, storylines are good, etc etc.

So currently, Malaal is on the top of my list. It seems to me as if everyone around me has seen it, BUT me. SO many people have recommended it to me and had nothing but praises for it. I feel so left out lol. I'll prolly be starting that tonight.

Howeverrr, I really need the link from someone! I tried looking for it on Youtube, but like when I find an episode, it usually has another part missing from that same uploader. Soooo, can anyone please gimme the channel of the person on Youtube who has uploaded all parts of the episodes in order? Also, has ANYONE uploaded the episodes with english subtitles? I reallllly hope so. Please help!

After that, I have Noor Bano, Daam, and Daastan on my list.

I'm open for more ideas/recommendations though. I mean c'mon...I have more than a month off and I gotta do something else besides eat, sleep, watch movies, and go out with friends all day! Since I haven't seen an Indian show since like forever, I feel like watching something related to my culture (for real lol) and that's why I'm giving a chance to Pakistani shows. I don't mind staying up all night and finishing up all these shows haha. Lol I didn't even sleep all last night because I was watching Bomarillu the whole time....after having it recommended to me since forever (the movie was AMAZING btw...I'm pretty much in love with it).
Edited by indn inn0cence - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

367945 thumbnail
Woah Shabnam, I didn't expect to see you here but I'm definitely pleasantly surprised...lol did Zainab have something to do with you being here?

Okay now for Malal, I actually still haven't finished it because I keep getting distracted by other shows but I do plan to finish it up in this break. In terms of links, I think veslam2009 has all the episodes and this is the link for the first one: Malal Episode 1 Part 1 . If that doesn't work or you find it to be incomplete then try vidpk.com: http://vidpk.com/35774/Drama-Serial-Malal-on-Hum-Tv-Episode-1/

In terms of recommendations, Noor Bano is sorta good but lol again I left that midway because I learnt about the crap ending and other than Imran Abbas, nothing much was keeping me in the drama. I'm still watching Daam and definitely liking it so do watch that one. I LOVE Dastaan! That is one show that I am crazy about and I wasn't a Fawad Khan fan before but I converted into being a big one after that show...the guy looks good but he wins you over with his acting. Oh also you gotta watch Meri Zaat Zara-e-Bainishan, and then I've heard Vasl is also good. If you want comedy then try Dolly Ki Ayegi Ki Baraat...I've found it to be really hilarious but be warned that it's not centered around a romantic couple. And ohhhh watch this telefilm called Burns Road Ki Nilofer. I saw it a few years ago but I plan on rewatching it again. It's comedy that's depicting the sad life of the lower middle class or rather the poor. That's one telefilm that I really like alot.

Um and ya this should be good for a while...of course come back later and I as well as others can make more recommendations. Although TBH I'm sorta getting re-acquainted with Pak dramas again so I'm not the most up to date person.

P.S. Bommarillu IS amazing...you shoulda watched it before!

P.S. 2 I forgot to add that veslam2009's channel has Daam, Vasl and Qaid-e-Tanhai (another excellent show) with English subs so I'd recommend watching it all from her channel. But his/her Dastaan and Malal don't have subs and I don't think you'd find any (at least not for Malal) with English subs. Also watch Dastaan from another channel since veslam2009's print for that isn't that good.
Edited by seert - 13 years ago
134529 thumbnail
Seert! I didn't expect to see myself here either. 😆 Today is the first time that I came across this part of I-F as I was just browsing. I found out about the CW shows and NBC shows forum too lol. In a way, Zainab does have a hand in me being here since she's the one who has recommended me all these shows, specifically Malaal.

I only know of Imran Abbas. Is he in all the shows I'm planning to watch, like Daam and Dastaan? Lol I haven't looked any of these shows up so don't know anything about them. Fawad Khan....acha dikhta hai? Acting achi hai?
Daam and Dastaan are definitely on my list. I think I'll get to them as soon I'm done with Malaal.

Thanks alot for all your inputs regarding the other shows! I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open for them. Ohh and thanks for the link for Malaal too!

One more thing - can someone tell me what Malaal means? I

About Bommarillu...you're SO right. I can go on and on about that movie since I loved it so much!
Edited by indn inn0cence - 13 years ago
serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Heyy indn innocence!!
Welcome to the Forum!
Glad to have a new member.. Are u Indian???? 😳 😃
Well, you can always go to www.vidpk.com to watch complete serials, it has ALL pakistani serials uner 1 roof! 😉 😃
I think its the best site to watch Paki shows.

I think u shud rytaway watch Daam and then Daastaan, they are epics!!!!
Theres also Lot many serials, but u shud frst get over these!
Hah!

--Stay Activeee!! 😊
ReenO!
Edited by -_AfridiMalik_- - 13 years ago
farahs_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Daam and Dastaan are brilliant, but i didnt like Noor bano much...Infact it was quite irritating at times.... The acting and direction was really good, but the story irritated me a lot sometimes....Meri Zaat Zarra Benishan and Vasl are good too.....

Imran Abbas is there in Malal, Noor Bano and Meri Zaat Zarra benishan, and even Vasl, for a very small role.....In Meri Zaat, he is not the main hero, but still has an imp role, but in Vasl, he is there only for a 2-3 epis...

Farah
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
agree with farah.. i too dint like noor bano.. i left it mid way.. it was so draaggginng
virgo_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hey indn innocence:)
Welcome to the Paki Forum:)
As for ideas and recommendations i would say first watch Dastaan it was fabalous though it was kinda dragged in the end but overall superb serial:)
MZZB is another mindblowing serial one of my top favs!!
And yep Qaid e Tanhai is going really good these days and another serial which im lovin in Main Abdul Qadir Hoon though only a single epi is aired but its really awsome so watch out for that too:)
367945 thumbnail
Shabnam: They have a forum for CW and NBC shows? I might check that out later...or maybe not. I don't wanna mix desi stuff with my Amreekan shows ;p
Oh right of course Malal was advertised a lot in our CC but like others have said I think Dastaan and Daam are better, and Imran's only in Malal. Fawad is in Dastaan and ya man he looks good and acts well. Ok in terms of looks, I'd say Imran scores above him but in terms of acting, it's Fawad.

Hmm I actually have no idea what Malal means. I gotta ask my parents but um according to Mr. Google it may be from Arabic wherein it means boredom. Not sure though.

If you liked Bomarrillu, you might wanna also try Nuvvostante Nendonantana (it's a bit like Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya though)
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
meaning of malaal is sadness\grief..
avidwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Hi. I'm in the same boat. Just started watching dramas again and have been looking for recommendations. I finished daam, and loved it. ESP the actor who played junaid. I've started doraha and uraan now, not sure how they are as nobody has mentioned them. Please keep the recommendations coming as it is difficult to find the really well written ones.
Also, wanted to ask, I am unable to download the videos, any suggestions on how to view them? YouTube has some, but not all or even in continuity.
Thanks!