Sajid Khan apologizes to Sikh community

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago
Wanted to share it, i guess not posted before.....

this guy really need to attend school again frm kindergarden before judging any reality show

Sajid Khan apologizes to Sikh community

'Housefull' fame director Sajid Khan has apologized to the Sikh community after he opposed the idea of performing Gatka (a martial arts dance form of the Sikhs) by a 5-year-old. His comments came on the show 'India's Got Talent' where he is a judge.

Sajid's commented enraged the Gatka Federation of India (GFI) and Punjab Gatka Association (PGA), which asked for an apology from Sajid and the television channel, Colors.

"It is a case of plain misunderstanding. I was only concerned about the five-year-old getting hurt. And of little children at home who obviously aren't that skilled," Sajid said.

"I completely respect and understand their (Sikh's) rich tradition. I respect all religions and would never ever speak against the community. If anyone felt offended, I respectfully apologise a thousand times," he added.

Sajid was recently in news for the same show when he walked out following an argument with co-judge Kirron Kher.

http://oye.mybigflix.com/news/Sajid-Khan-apologizes-to-Sikh-community/714776

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hummy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
safety of children comes 1st, but going by 2days world everything gets religion draggd in2 it.
kawal_tak thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i'm glad he apologized :) being a sikh myself i didn't liked his behavior against the performance :)
Mrs-KaranKundra thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
im sure he was quite qorried abt the child's safety !!!
kawal_tak thumbnail
don't you think their parents are worried abt their children's safety? i'm sure they are more worried :) and ghatka is a tradition since so many years :D
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
just like Judo Karate , and other marshal arts which children frm very young age learn same with Gathka, and definitely they play it very Safely not only for children but for elder ones too....Gathka has almost like a Tradition now , very old tradition ....

and Sajid's BIG Mistake was that he said it is promoting Violence....this is how he Offended Sikhs......how the hell its promoting Violence? they were showing how to fight with enemies and for self defense and mainly how to play Gathka.....obviously they wont call any enemy on stage to fight with but among them self they showed it.....a perfect presentation but FOOL like SAJID who has no knowledge of it( in fact of Nothing except than vulgarity) started Barking , even Sonali didn't know she talked politely but this fool man didn't even let the guy to speak.....if he didn't know anything abt Gathka he at least shld let the Gathka guy to teach him .....

sajid kinda ppl will never speak for judo karate or other marshal arts where one breaks bricks etc with hands, with head and so on so on.....i m sure u all know how other marshal arts are ??? are those promoting Violence? Don't Children learn those, play those? ......

Kiran Kher Rockedddd .....Har Guru ka Sikh ONLY Self Defense ke liye hi Talwar uthata hai...some one teach this to that ignorant man...

extracted part.....
"Gatka is a martial art originating from Punjab (North West of India). Its development started in the 17th century and it was practiced by the Sikhs, to defend themselves against the Mogul invaders. The effectiveness of Gatka has been proved for centuries, not just by the Sikhs but also the earlier practitioners of this art. "

http://www.mardb.com/the-gatka/
kawal_tak thumbnail

Originally posted by: minnie.reet

just like Judo Karate , and other marshal arts which children frm very young age learn same with Gathka, and definitely they play it very Safely not only for children but for elder ones too....Gathka has almost like a Tradition now , very old tradition ....

and Sajid's BIG Mistake was that he said it is promoting Violence....this is how he Offended Sikhs......how the hell its promoting Violence? they were showing how to fight with enemies and for self defense and mainly how to play Gathka.....obviously they wont call any enemy on stage to fight with but among them self they showed it.....a perfect presentation but FOOL like SAJID who has no knowledge of it( in fact of Nothing except than vulgarity) started Barking , even Sonali didn't know she talked politely but this fool man didn't even let the guy to speak.....if he didn't know anything abt Gathka he at least shld let the Gathka guy to teach him .....

sajid kinda ppl will never speak for judo karate or other marshal arts where one breaks bricks etc with hands, with head and so on so on.....i m sure u all know how other marshal arts are ??? are those promoting Violence? Don't Children learn those, play those? ......

Kiran Kher Rockedddd .....Har Guru ka Sikh ONLY Self Defense ke liye hi Talwar uthata hai...some one teach this to that ignorant man...

extracted part.....
"Gatka is a martial art originating from Punjab (North West of India). Its development started in the 17th century and it was practiced by the Sikhs, to defend themselves against the Mogul invaders. The effectiveness of Gatka has been proved for centuries, not just by the Sikhs but also the earlier practitioners of this art. "

http://www.mardb.com/the-gatka/

i fully agree with you :) even i loved what Kirron Said :D