Posted: 13 years ago
Shreya Ghoshal

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMCVkXg4cFk[/YOUTUBE]

Song:
Yeh Zindagi Usi Ki Hai

Please rate her performance 1-10.

Here are some important notes:

10 is the highest rating, 1 is the lowest
    You are NOT rating the song You are NOT rating how much you like Shreya Ghosal
    You are NOT rating how much you like her singing in general You ARE rating how well she sang in this song in particular Set 5 as the average bollywood playback singing performance, and rate from there Please listen to the song before rating
  • Final score will be computed after about 2 days of voting and after judges have also given their ratings

If anyone is lost and doesn't know whats going on, please visit the
Official Game Thread:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1387579

Feel free to discuss her rating for this performance!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Reminder: This is a a live performance. There is no poll. So scores for this round will fully be on in-thread ratings and judges ratings. And once again, Judges ratings will be revealed at end of competition.
Edited by risingabove - 13 years ago
Ranbir.Fan thumbnail
Superb👏 Shreya has been coming up with lots of wonderful surprises right from the starting of the competition. Such a beautiful rendition & such a soothing voice, I must say the more I listen to Shreya the more I adore her. The Best part of the song I loved the most is when she sang the lines "Aye zindagi ki shamiyaaaa..... tujhe gale lagaon main, tujhi main doob jao main jahan ko bhool jao main", It was truly blissful.
I have heard this song earlier I think so its of Lataji, which movie is it?

10/10 for this Beautiful Rendition👏
Shreyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Killer07

Superb👏 Shreya has been coming up with lots of wonderful surprises right from the starting of the competition. Such a beautiful rendition & such a soothing voice, I must say the more I listen to Shreya the more I adore her. The Best part of the song I loved the most is when she sang the lines "Aye zindagi ki shamiyaaaa..... tujhe gale lagaon main, tujhi main doob jao main jahan ko bhool jao main", It was truly blissful.

I have heard this song earlier I think so its of Lataji, which movie is it?

10/10 for this Beautiful Rendition👏

Yaah its sung by lataji. And its from the movie Anarkali which came in 1953. Heres the original lataji version, beautiful song, lataji was very young when she sang it:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eFso_5-bFc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
Shreyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanx for selecting this song RA. Honestly speaking I feel like crying after listening to this song. Whenever I listen to shreya's voice I dont know how I get so much engrossed in the song, whenever I listen to certain songs of Shreya I just get some type of different feeling & many a times I cry, specially when I listen to songs like Suna suna, tujh main rab dikhta hai, etc, her soothing melodious voice takes me into another world.
Ok coming back to Yeh zindagi usiki, I must say I am so so Proud of being a fan of Shreya! She rendered each & every note so cleanly & perfectly. I am deeply touched & overwhelmed with the emotions she bought in the song.

I am noone to grade you Shreya, but this is a 10 from a Proud Fan of yours!😛👏

saq123 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I remember being very excited when she chose to come forward 4 her 1st indiv. performance in MKMM. I was wondering which of her gems she' d treat us to. But, wat an amazing surprse it was. Wen she started, i just went blank. There was so much thairao in her singing, as dey say. I closed my eyes and listened. Did not want it to end at all. Thx RA 4 dis wonderful selection. Luvly 2 hear it again. Wont point out ne specific portions. Everything was so perfect. Just was totally blown away. Probably my most fav. Shreya performance alongside Tujh mein rab dikhta hai.
 👏👏👏. Guess my score😉

Ohhh She's lukin sooooooo gorgeous!!! If dere's a tie, she deserves xtra marks just 4 dat😛
Edited by saq123 - 13 years ago
shivani003 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Wah! Awesome! Hadnt seen this one...

I like it so 10/10

ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Great singing by Shreya Ghoshal!

Though the song isn't as difficult, and I've seen her perform better, it was still great.
xobile thumbnail
Shreya is matchless! If only we had composers like they did in the 'Golden Era' of Bollywood, we would hear many such wonderful compositions in Shreya's crystal voice.

And honestly this live performance is so flawless that it can be used in a CD without any tampering. Pitch perfect!

And Saq bhai is right, she's looking pretty 😳
esseesse thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This is a great performance by our modern icon, Shreya ghoshal. The best part of this was she sings with great soul and sinks deep into the feel of the song, all of which comes out from her voice. From beginning till the end, it was singing at its best, again like the other two, understated and simplistic with she and the audience thoroughly enjoying what she sang.
But, comparison is inevitable and in my books, from an overall all round perspective, she could have done a shade better than sadnaji.
She gets an 8/10 for this performance, Just because the overall efforts put in by sadhnaji were much better.