Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

455517 thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: rrui

ignorance is bliss.......seriously rather than giving all sorts of wrong reasons why can't babara just admit that Kites had a weak story line and weaker screenplay and that the main reason why the audiences did not like the movie......

Barbara will admit this when MNIK's crew admits that there are racial & racist cliches in their movie.😛
Generally actors are guided and directed in what they're supposed to do the best : acting....😊 (mmm in some Hindi movies)
They usually don't have knowledge in writing script...and on the paper a story can sound great and in the making it looks boring...Talent is needed/good editing job/haunting musical background - and it depends on the audience target...
Kites was made for an international audience with less masala ( dreamy love stories & more action sequences) - hence a section of the audience didn't appreciate it...and The indian audience isn't used to watching a same age jodi - I'm sure the shock has been irreversible in some people's mind....
Barbara had cancer so I guess sometimes it shows on her face that she's not a fresh rose which has just blossomed...And she has a kid - compared to some indian actresses who've already had children - she looks very good and not like a bag of potatoes whenever she walks.
Even if she realizes the script wasn't that great or original which I think also...she can't possibly say this while the film is releasing - no need to be a marketing genius to understand that she can't sabotage the work of thousands of people....
There are recent blockbusters 😳 movies which copied storylines from HW classics and some might find them mindblowing when clearly they're not...so when every actor admits that what they have done is just copying, pasting, and that they have agreed with a non original, bad storyline some of their fans will also...🥱
The role of an actor is to market the movie for others to have the desire to watch it....
Only few of them admit a bit later that a movie wasn't that great...but still they received money for it so it's quite ungrateful to bash a movie...
Edited by lalixlili - 14 years ago
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
-anisha- , thanks so much for the real deal. I can't believe the media!
Enycedoll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i think the media is treating her rather unfair...i read Taran Adarsh's review of the movie and he failed to give Barbara her credit where it was due..granted the storyline was weak and all, but she IMO didn't falter in delivering her best. He went as far as saying she looked "MATURE", i was like wth? whats that gotta do with anything?
455517 thumbnail
Easy to bash a foreign actress who won't fight back as harshly as a ******* (fill with a powerful BW actors family's name).....
4492 thumbnail
i agree it was unfortunate the script was unable to make the impact and hence so were the actors as no one cud feel anything, i feel the atcors felt the movie was different to the way it is made!
-Sakina- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
only hrithik was gud in kites.
simran1285 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
I saw Kites over the weekend and though I loved Hrithik acting (Barbara was ok) the story sucked big time. I was highly disappointed in Rakesh Ji and Hrithik for choosing such a weak script.
My brother and I have dubbed this movie the modern day "Heer-Ranjha"
Edited by simran1285 - 14 years ago