Little disappointed by first quarter box office Bollywood

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 days ago

Fighter under-performed, Maidaan seems like a washout.

Laapata Ladies flopped.

it's worth noting that these films received positive feedback from those who watched them.

Conversely, "Crew" and "TBMAUJ" emerged as clear hits this year, seemingly without question. Yet, discerning the taste of the Indian audience remains a perplexing challenge. Is this disparity reflective of the need for the audience to evolve, or are these outcomes more a result of circumstantial factors, chance, and luck?

Maidaan is brilliant cinema. It's flopping is an indication of how audience seems to be stuck in peculiar trends. Action, comedy, skin and show seems to be the order of the day.

I feel day by day things are getting worse for Bollywood.

THOUGHTS??

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Ajay's shaitaan just came out so he was over-exposed also I don't think maidaan was promoted that well

Fighter was good but had a massive budget and could be promoted better
Laapata ladies had no famous actors

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Fighter under-performed, Maidaan seems like a washout.

Laapata Ladies flopped.

it's worth noting that these films received positive feedback from those who watched them.

Conversely, "Crew" and "TBMAUJ" emerged as clear hits this year, seemingly without question. Yet, discerning the taste of the Indian audience remains a perplexing challenge. Is this disparity reflective of the need for the audience to evolve, or are these outcomes more a result of circumstantial factors, chance, and luck?

Maidaan is brilliant cinema. It's flopping is an indication of how audience seems to be stuck in peculiar trends. Action, comedy, skin and show seems to be the order of the day.

I feel day by day things are getting worse for Bollywood.

THOUGHTS??

smiley36

Basskarrr thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

It is confusing to see what works and what doesn’t. I had watched Madgaon express… it was a riot compared to crew and shaitan both which I did not enjoy 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Their not giving the people what they want 

Basskarrr thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Their not giving the people what they want 

what do you think people want to see?

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Basskarrr

what do you think people want to see?

I don’t know. But it would be a weird situation if none of the films this year get to even half the totals the films from last year made. 😮