Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xobile thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Guys don't worry - risingabove HAS created a great system and the judges will make sure the fair result is declared!

I said this the last time: if Shreya starts getting disproportionately more votes than others, I will take some drastic measures...

risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Guys don't forget that last week Shreya finished 3rd despite being #1 in audience voting by far. And it's not like she barely missed 1st, it was 9.4 vs. 9.0, so almost a half point difference.

So even this week, with my audience score calculator, I doubt she finishes #1 without great judges scores. Audience is only half the game and can only do so much.

So in the end, a deserving winner will win!

But it's no doubt that Shreya has the biggest audience support here! You always have a contestant that just is very popular and gets a lot of votes. Shreya Ghosal is that contest here. Not saying she doesn't deserve the love either! I'm a huge fan myself!
Edited by risingabove - 14 years ago
ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Great job once again by Shreya Ghosal!

Beautiful, just Beautiful singing. Along with a Beautiful song. Shreya was just sensational throughout the song. Singing flawlessly I thought. Her voice clarity was great, great feel and expressions, amazing voice quality, and just so smooth and perfect. Great job here!

My favorite part was

Sajde kiye maine shaam-o-saher
Maanga hai tumko sada
Yeh meri dhadkanein sun raha hai khuda

brilliantly done there! It just takes you into another world.

Though, I agree this song wasn't that difficult to sing, but the singing was just so smooth, flawless, and had great feeling and expression, with top-notch voice quality. So I'm at like a 8.5, but I'll bump it up because this is the Romance Round and the song was really good along with her singing for this Romance round.

Rating: 9/10

Shreyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: risingabove

Guys don't forget that last week Shreya finished 3rd despite being #1 in audience voting by far. And it's not like she barely missed 1st, it was 9.4 vs. 9.0, so almost a half point difference.

So even this week, with my audience score calculator, I doubt she finishes #1 without great judges scores. Audience is only half the game and can only do so much.

So in the end, a deserving winner will win!

But it's no doubt that Shreya has the biggest audience support here! You always have a contestant that just is very popular and gets a lot of votes. Shreya Ghosal is that contest here. Not saying she doesn't deserve the love either! I'm a huge fan myself!

Its quite sad to see all this things happening. I want her to win but by her merit which she easilly can provided there is proper song selections for her. I dont want people to say that shreya won bcoz of her popularity or something. When it comes to the public voting system I had made a suggestion earlier but faced criticisms. But still I suggest the best solution to this problem would be that risingabove should consider only those votes which are along with the comments, this can make things fair.
kuhu.kuhu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I agree with Shreyacool..instead of taking this contest to an unpleasant turn ...why can't we judge on the basis of  whoever posting comments/ratings with reasons ???....That can be started from this round itself ...

Shreya is a wonderful singer ..If she is popular , she is not popular for her looks ..She is popular because she is indeed an outstanding singer/performer who sings with passion , has a beautiful melodious voice and has a strong classical base .....we watched an interview recently where the interviewer  mentioned about how legendary singer Lataji praised  Shreya ...

We have no way of proving how people are judging when they gave a ten...The song has been rendered beautifully by Shreya and the romance has been rendered mellifluously...So if somebody thinks compared to Shreya's song other singers don't appeal to them that much or it does not have that much repeat value ...Is it wrong??😕    

Anyway..if judges themselves raise questions about the validity of votes why don't they consider votes with comments only so that the contest remains  open, fair and funloving the way it was before, ...when it was fun rating and commenting....   

Edited by kuhu.kuhu - 14 years ago
risingabove thumbnail
There are 2 sides to this. One side, like kuhu said, Shreya is popular because of her singing. And it's possible that people genuinely thought she deserves her marks.  Also, this is a our reality show, and in every reality show there is a contestant who just gets a lot of votes for whatever reason. This doesn't need to be any different. Things like this happen all the time. And it's not like she automatically is going to win every round, as we saw last round, she still will have to earn the victories.

But then there is also the side that says we should try and get the most deserving to win. That is also a goal of the game here. To actually get the singer who sings the best to win and not base this at all on other factors like general popularity. That's a good point too.

Another thing though I don't want to do is change the format of the score calculation. Because that will make it hard to compare score from earlier rounds to later and we can't really say a 9.3 earlier is better than a 9.3 later because they were calculated in different ways. I know this shouldn't be all that important but still...

So in conclusion, I think things will remain the same. We should trust the system for now. I mean, sure she gets lots of audience votes, but that doesn't mean she automatically wins. I mean, has there been even once when we all thought no way she should've won that round and she won? Last round many judges thought it was Kavita's round, well, she did win. Once again proving the validity of the scoring system. With all of this said, near the Final rounds, we might change things up for a more accurate winner. Because even in real life this happens as the finals are decided in a different way. And I think this is the most fair.

Conclusion of Long Post: Things will stay the same, the scoring system has been pretty credible and valid so far. But near the Final rounds, for more accuracy, things will change a bit.

xobile thumbnail
@ kuhu:

yup you are absolutely right! People have the freedom to give shreya whatever score they want. If she gets more tens than the total of all of Madhushrees votes, then that's what will happen. The only thing is, some people who want to vote and comment for ALL singers might feel that whatever happens, shreya is gna win due to audience support so there's no point in sincerely continuing the female competition. Both risingabove and the judges want to reassure everyone that they should continue commenting happily, without being worried about the skewed votes.

By the way, can I just say that the quality of comments from the audience is amazingly high this time round! Loved reading your views kirti, simi, shreya, sas, paras, sid, kuhu and others! Thank you :DEdited by xobile - 14 years ago
somone999 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Everyone please relax and do your job fairly that is voting for the correct number for the singing. Leave the rest to risingabove, after the way Kavita ji landed up in the first position inspite of heavy vote for Shreya from the audience, I seriously have regained my faith in this competition. So, keep on enjoying it as it lasts! 😊
xobile thumbnail
Nice song. There's a version of the song with Udit Narayan, too! Sound quality is a bit bad, though...

I think Shreya's voice is what makes the song work. Her voice is clean and sweet. The tunes are not that difficult. There were flashes of some nice work, with some polished high pitches and effortless harkats. But technical there was nothing too difficult

7/9 on the technical aspect!

risingabove thumbnail
Polls are closed!!!

Audience Avg: 9.5
Judges Avg: 8.3

Final Avg: 8.9