Boman Irani defends Aamir Khan

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Boman defends Aamir
Boman Irani and Aamir Khan are brilliant and versatile actors in their own right. They delivered equally superb performances in 3 Idiots
"People have spread rumours about Aamir that he does several retakes, interferes a lot and is very professional and serious. I think nothing is wrong if someone gives suggestions. Without different suggestions, how can you make good work? If he doesn't like one take and asks for one more, what is wrong in that?," he asks, adding, "Aamir just wants to do scenes till he is satisfied with the results; it doesn't matter if the number of takes is 2 or 15. He is only improving the scene and the movie."

Boman shares an anecdote from the sets of 3 Idiots. "There were times when I asked for more takes than Aamir. Several times, everyone was happy by the time we reached the third take and the shoot was over. Aamir is full of ideas, and he shares his ideas to make the scene better. I won't take names, but there are some people who need to do 20 takes just to get the basics right. With Aamir, it is all about improving. If he took all day to do one scene, no film would be complete."

On a conclusive note, Irani says, "I don't understand how this myth of Aamir doing 50 and 100 takes was born. I don't know where the media gets such wrong information from. I can talk from my experience of working with him. He only does it till it feels right and turns in his best performance. I don't know why people say that he is a very serious, work-oriented man, because we all had a great time working with him.
Link http://www.starboxoffice.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2010/April/News_20100407_28

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I won't take names, but there are some people who need to do 20 takes just to get the basics right.

hahahha! but it's Aamir who gets bashed! Oh the irony!
perfectlyflawed thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
He has been alwayz mocked for this... but ppl who work with him have completely different tale to say abt him.....😆 Keep going Aamir let ur detractors say wht they want .. thr r ppl who still repect u n ur work 😛
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
boman made some great points love him and aamir in 3 idiots