sweetgirl1965 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Pakistan's Fashion Week began on Wednesday, November 4th with an opulent opening ceremony. 32 top designers from across the country who participated in the event. Some models strode the catwalk in vicious spiked bracelets and body armour. Others had their heads covered, burqa-style, but with shoulders - and tattoos - exposed. Bare shoulders, exposed navels and a lot of skin show ruled the ramp at the Pakistan fashion week. Male models wore long robes as well as shorts and sequined T-shirts.The shows took place at the Marriott Hotel in Karachi.
Guyz even though it was a great hit...it also arose controversy in Pakistan. People argue that this is not the representation of Pakistan....We don't see girls walking with short skirts on the streets...in my opinion it is OK because this is how they want to represent Pakistan Internationally...it order to do that....we have to do that...we cant just represent shalwaz kameez everywehere...but i did feel that some cloths were just too short...
What do u Guyz Think?
Here are some pictures below:

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweetgirl1965 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
More pics...
bintum thumbnail
hey sweetgirl i totally respect everyone is entitled to their opinion but i can't help in disagreeing with the fact that you think it is ok to showcase such skin show,,,so let me get this straight, today because the west are quite open about the whole skin show, so pakistan should comply as the target media is the west,,,so tomorrow if the west do alot of other things that according to their standard or way of life is acceptable, should pakistan also adopt this ,,just to show that it is no different than the west? for example, drinking alcohol, same gender marriages, adultery, ,,,these are just a few minor examples of aspects of the way the western world operate and any of these examples are a normal part of their life,,,,,copying the west might be ok on all other aspects in life but to what extent should we be copying? clearly the biggest different is what we belief and our faith,remembering that our is not just a religion but it is also strongly a way of life,,,it is what we say, what we do, how we do it that have also such a strong impact, how can any of these models showcasing such a skin show admit to themselves that they are true to their faith and religion when clearly the way they conduct themselves is so different than the true basis of our faith,,,,and besides pakistan culture and art and history among a few other asian countries are so beautiful and rich,,why dont we bring out the beautiful side of our culture to the world,,,showing them more skin show is not going to earn anyone any brownie points any where,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
cola_gul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i like some of the outfits..but i feel that some of them do not portray pakistan in the right manner. We need stop gettting sooo influenced by western culture in terms of our fashion...because were gunna end up losing our our culture..i mean seeing some of these girls..im kinda shocked.

Its okay to incorporate a little bit of western styles..but ..lets not get carried away with them..and lose our identity....these fashion weeks.. will just encourage ppl..(perhaps) to wear the short/skanky suits that insult our culture.

Thats just my way of looking at it......and my opinion. :)
chanda_chamke thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i agree with bintum!

if we're going to represent Pakistan then do it the right way...like this was not pakistan..this was more like india, america, europe, and so on so forth...i mean i'm not saying india has ugly clothes..their clothes are gorgeous, but we're here to represent pakistan, not India, not Ameica...let's leave that up to them..we've got to show the beauty of Pakistan...we have to show them that even with clothes on and no skin showing, we can still look beautiful! but some of the clothes here are really pretty no doubt it!!!