Nadia Khan Show gets thrashed in article

amy22 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Guys, check it out. Nadia got thrashed badly in the article. The writer seems to be representing the majority of the viewers.

Two quarrel, third rejoices

By Nisa S.

Turning on TV in the morning, the viewer is flooded with a variety of morning shows, some of which are successful and others are striving to be so. Because of the hosts constant quips the Nadia Khan Show and Good Morning Pakistan hosted by Dr. Shaista Wahidi seem to have caught the viewers attention a little more. In desperate attempts to outgun the other, one is bringing her new-born to the show as well as showing her house to the world, while the other is kissing cobras and risking her life with the Kiss of Death. Not taking part in this absurd competition is Farah Hussain with Morning with Farah who is attracting interest with quality of her work. Taking giant steps towards success with her show in Pakistan, she has also been recognized internationally and was given an important award in Korea.
Watching Nadia Khan Show the viewer is left wondering whether Nadia is the protagonist of the show or the guests she invites. Asking a question but never really being interested in the answer as well as constant interruption for silly comments about her hair or dupatta while the guest is speaking are Nadias habits that have been criticized immensely by viewers on many forums. While praise reaches Nadia at once, constructive criticism seems to never have found its way to her. Interestingly enough while the very patriotic Nadia is quite comfortable thrashing Pakistani TV or film industry, she proudly offers her viewers clothes of Bollywood stars. Always motivating the viewers to be true Pakistanis and stand up for their country, she took immense pride in interviewing Bobby Deol and lavished compliments on him and his brother, who has been part of Anti-Pakistan movies in the past.

Though Dr. Shaista Wahidi comes well-prepared and manages to conduct the interviews well as well as give the guests due respect, sometimes she seems to be helpless in front of flirtatious guests like Faisal Qureshi, who can easily overrun her with his wit, and 'King of Tharkis Humayun Saeed, who makes it a point to touch the females sitting right next to him and would rather sit in their lap. Respecting the guests is a must but when they go as far as making a dating-offer knowing that the person across is married, or kissing heroines as was the case with Humayun Saeed and Noor, goes a little too far in an Islamic country with the majority of conservative viewers. Unfortunately, like Nadia, Dr. Sahiba also seems to think that every now and then she has to rely on Bollywood actors and movies to make her show a success as she took honour in taking Shahrukh Khans call. Dr. Sahiba, why didnt you just call the Shahrukh at home? At least, he is a Pakistani!

For getting to know stars well as well as from their best side, Morning with Farah is highly recommended. Asking to-the-point questions with well-chosen words in rich and flowing Urdu seems to be Farah Hussains specialty. Being honest without offending the guests and making most of the time by asking questions that the viewers want to know about is what keeps them glued to their TV screens. Instead of educating viewers on Bollywood, Morning with Farah puts emphasis on sharing literature in their Book Recommendation segment which is a must for the bookish among watchers and also might be a little step towards inspiring people to read. Farahs strong personality is not only reflected in the way she conducts interviews but also in the pieces of wisdom she calmly drops every now and then. This show can be best defined by what Henry David Thoreau said that "the highest of arts is to affect the quality of the day". Knowledge about a book and thought-provoking questions may rather affect the quality of the viewers day than pieces of information about Bollywood.

http://www.risethemag.com/viewarticles.aspx?aid=223

Edited by amy22 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amy22 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
No replies? Kya hogya hai, logo... jaago, hillo jullo...
sadia_lahori thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
well ii agreee with the facts in the arrticle n nadia is realy a two faced persone in punjabi we can call her a [LOTA TYPE Kuri ] aj yahan kal wahan
truthseeker123 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
true true soooo true ....

Nadia sach me aisi hi hai ... kabhi pure pakistani ban jati hai or kabhii 😡

itne zahr lagte hain is tarah k log ..:@ bahi jo hoo wohi bano naa double personality kio bantee hooo ??? buss fazool me huhhhhhhh 😡
nida_1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
....but tym pass ko sab chalta hai!!!
sweetgirl1965 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I watched morning with farah,,,really interesting...
hmmm... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I agree with the article. I do like Dr. Shaista wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than Nadia. As for Farha, I dont have that channel so I don't know. But Ayesha Sana in Meena bazar on PTV is very professional and fun to watch.