Cheetara thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Remember Farida Jalal who plays a doting mother to Kajol in DDLJ and a loving mother to SRK in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, while she was a regular in Yash Chopra-Karan Johar camp till late 90's she has not been seen much in new SRK and Yash-Karan flicks.

Farida says, "I was initially roped in to do Sushma Seths role in Karans Kal Ho Na Ho. However , things didnt work out. "

Ask her weather she had a tiff with them and she says, "I dont know if either Shah Rukh or Karan or Yash Chopra has an issue with me. At least I dont have one with them. I met them on a few occasions recently , and theyve been sweet to me. But that hasnt translated into work. "

Farida then adds, "When I heard that Shah Rukh was planning to produce films, I expected to be offered a role in his first film. Yash Johar used to say that he writes my roles before anyone elses . Maybe they feel Im not happening anymore. I have no clue why I am not offered roles in their films. I am open to working with them again."

Farida Jalal is these days seen in hit TV serial Balika Vadhu.

bollywood.celebden.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aww.. I like her; she's a good actress. Dunno what to say about the SRK-Yash thing though.
brownies thumbnail
That stinks...shes a pretty good actress!
SayCheese thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
She is a good actress.
Hope they offer her some good roles
xChandnix thumbnail
She's such a good actress..she was really good in KKHH!
Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
It doesn't mean Srk, YC or Karan have any ill feelings for you, if you are not getting offers in their bannersđŸ˜† I seriously don't think she could had done roles of Srk's mother in main hoon na or in OSO. But yes she could had done Zaara's mother in Veer Zaara. I like her in comedy roles or sweet mother.
Hummy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
kiron kher is a gd actor
marz thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hummy

kiron kher is a gd actor<br>

Thats the thing. I think Kiron Kher is the "new fresh" face to play mommy type roles in their films now. And she does an amazing job! I loved Farida Jalal in her roles. Hope she does get some good roles soon!Edited by marz - 15 years ago
Mistyy thumbnail

Originally posted by: marz

Thats the thing. I think Kiron Kher is the "new fresh" face to play mommy type roles in their films now. And she does an amazing job! I loved Farida Jalal in her roles. Hope she does get some good roles soon!

exactly!
colling thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
as much as i love her acting..sadly she seems to have been replaced by kirron kher.