Ayesha Takia: I won’t have children for 10 years!

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Ayesha Takia: I won't have children for 10 years!

Bubbly actress Ayesha Takia Azmi got married to long time beau Farhan Azmi last month. She celebrates her 23rd birthday today. She talks about marriage, birthday plans, her new film with Jaya Bachchan and Raveena Tandon and much more.

"Life has not changed at all after marriage. It feels exactly the same because Farhan and I have known each other for five long years. We keep asking each other that why didn't we do this before! Even before we got married, Farhan and I felt mentally married. So nothing has changed," says the glowing wife.

About her birthday plans, she says, "I have very few friends and we are going to celebrate just like we do every year with my mother and sister and Farhan's family. We will spend time with each other and go for a nice, big dinner in the evening. It will be a happy family affair."

Reminiscing about her childhood birthdays, she tells us, "As children we all like big birthday parties with lots of friends so my mother used to organize these dramatic birthday parties for me. I remember the fancy dress party the most where I dressed as Barbie."

And what about the birthday gifts she wants this year?

"I can't think of anything actually because I am in a very happy and content space in my head right now. Everything is perfect. I am an animal lover and my mother has gifted me a puppy who I have christened Smooch. Last year, Farhan gave me two puppies as well. By the time I grow old, I don't know how many dogs I will have!" she laughs.

The newly married couple honeymooned in Europe. "We didn't want a typical tropical honeymoon. We wanted to go to a place where we could spend quality time together, chill in cafes and go shopping, so we picked Europe. At 6-7 degrees, the weather was amazing and cold, such a relief from the heat of Mumbai. It was great fun," recalls Mrs. Azmi.

Farhan cooks really well but Ayesha is the exact opposite. "Farhan makes really nice pasta and is a good cook overall. I tried to cook but failed. Whenever I tried, everyone's expression said it all so now I have stopped embarrassing myself," she laughs.

Ayesha also shot for her first movie after marriage yesterday. "It is an untitled film made by Revathy Verma and I knew this would be the first film I would do after marriage. Jayaji and Raveena Tandon are part of the film and it is great to work with them as I admire them both. The first day of the shoot went really well," she says.

So what kind of movies will she do now and how will she balance marriage and work? "I want to do very few films now and they have to be special, exclusive and substantial movies. I will not do any run of the mill, commercial masala stuff now."

When does she want to have children? "Oh, please don't ask me that question! I am very young to have children now and won't think of them till ten years later!" she signs off.
Link http://www.starboxoffice.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/April/News_20090410_55

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

187176 thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Aw sweet she seems to be enjoying marriage and shes same age as me damn 😲 yep she is young still.