cameroon16 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Hello everyone
I was wondering if someone can update me as to who is Afia Siddiqui and what happened to her that she is in the news all the time
Any help would be appreciated
Thanx a lot in advance

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nazeeei thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

A few days back the Asian Human Rights Commission issued an urgent press release about a Pakistani, Dr. Afia Siddiqui, who has been missing from Pakistan for over four years, since 2003. Her kidnapping has since then been denied by both American and Pakistani governments but actually she has been suspected of being an operative of Al-Qaeda and has been on FBI's wanted list. There is reason to believe that she is also one of the missing persons who had been 'handed over' to the Americans courtesy of Pervaiz Musharraf. Let us not forget that the missing persons case was a turning point in the history of Pakistan where Pervaiz Musharraf had a severe falling out with the then CJP Iftikhar Chaudhry who was investigating this case and probably stepped on a few toes definitely ended up rumbling a few skeleton locked within Musharraf's treasure chest of hidden secrets

Dr. Afia Siddiqui left her mother's house in Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Karachi, Sindh province, along with her three children, in a Metro-cab on March 30, 2003 to catch a flight for Rawalpindi, Punjab province, but never reached the airport. The press reports claimed that Dr. Afia had been picked-up by Pakistani intelligence agencies while on her way to the airport and initial reports suggested that she was handed over to the American Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). At the time of her arrest she was 30 years and the mother of three sons the oldest of which was four and the youngest only one month.

A few days later an American news channel, NBC, reported that Afia had been arrested in Pakistan on suspicion of facilitating money transfers for terror networks of Osama Bin Laden. The mother of the victim, Mrs. Ismat (who has since passed away) termed the NBC report absurd. She went on to say that Dr. Afia is a neurological scientist and has been living with her husband, Amjad, in the USA for several years.

tumhari? thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
its so sad that she is being opressed this way may allah haelp her out in this miserable situation
pknaz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
plzzzzzzzzzzz shabe barat ko har koi un ki rhai ki dua karay. i wish woh jaldi rha ho jain
aishiya thumbnail
Pata nahi, kitney log sell kiye hain iss musharaf ney USA ko, $700 per person, ya ALLAH in sab logon ko sahe salamat inki maa , behan bhai, baap or bewi bachon k pass pohncha dey amine sum amine, insan ka dil karta hai k khud ko khatam kar ley ya phir yeh beybasi ki entha hai k , log maa baap appney bachon ki pic liye pehrty hain , k inky bachey kahaan hai,
" JANEY KAB hongein kam iss duniya k gum"
laney thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Comedy Champs

I can't believe everyone keeps blaiming musharraf! It is so unfair of you lot!
pknaz thumbnail
it s not blame on musharaf aur yeh baat jo 5 saal tak chupi rahi ab samney aa rahi hai pata nahin musharaf ne aur kya kya kia hai
i wish juld z juld afia siddiqi rha ho jain.
cameroon16 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: laney

I can't believe everyone keeps blaiming musharraf! It is so unfair of you lot!

Agree
He is blamed for everything
desifairy1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
stop blamin mushuraaf for evrything. maybe asif ali zardari or even nawaz shariff are behind here being lost :S
pknaz thumbnail

thats true in dinon jo kuch ho raha hai koi bhi aitbar ke kabil nahin

sab politians matlabi hainšŸ˜’ itnay dinon bad bhi jujes restore nahin ho skay
Buttt in the case of Dr Afia siddiqi(and many other cases) every 1 know musharaf is responsiblešŸ˜”