Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

notfadedaway thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
waiting..

I feel like spamming a bit before I go..like in few mins... :)
..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

Chapter 19:

"I'.I can explain guys" Maan began hesitantly as he got up from the chair next to Geet's bed and made his way over to the window, glancing back only to see all his friends intently watching him. Watching as they waited for an explanation that they rightly deserved.

"We really hope you can' Armaan responded seriously, and Riddhima slapped his shoulder to shut him up.

He glanced back at Geet to see her still lying on the bed, her eyes closed, but a small smile resting on her face. Riddhima had checked her over, and said that she just fell unconscious because of the pregnancy combined with the shock of seeing Dadi in that state. But other than that, everything should be fine she had said, and Maan had heaved a sigh of relief. One less tension to deal with, one less burden to carry on his back.

He heard Armaan and Kripa clearing their throats and redirected his attention to the topic at hand.

Taking a deep breath, he recounted the short version of the already very short story. "So essentially, Geet came into my office one day and told me she was pregnant. I, of course, thought she was crazy considering I'd never set eyes on her before in my life, but she told me she was pregnant with Dev's baby. To confirm it, we came to this hospital, and I would have told Armaan the entire story that day, but he wasn't working and so we had to go to that other doctor, what was her name again, Muskaan something, and well yeah. Then we found out that the baby was in fact Dev's, and we got home, yelled it out with Dev who said he wanted her to get an abortion, and Geet obviously did not want one. Dev left the house when I insisted he marry her, and well then I obviously told Geet I would marry her. She said no, she would bring up the child herself, but seriously? I was not going to allow a Khurana heir to be born illegitimate, wasn't going to happen. I don't know if it was a good thing or not, but Dadi ended up hearing the last part of this and thought I was the baby's father, stepped in and well yeah decided the two of us were going to get married and that was well that. You four know what happened after that."

Maan slowly turned away from the window and glanced from one face to another.

Angad was standing there, hands crossed over his chest, as he met Maan's eyes with a tentative smile, and a reassuring nod.

Riddhima had her eyes focused on Geet, a worried and anxious look resting on her face.

Armaan and Kripa though were definitely jumping with energy, he could tell by the look on their faces that they both had lots to say.

Unfortunately for Kripa, Angad grasped her hand and pulled her back before she could jump at Maan.

Riddhima, on the other hand, was too focused on her own thoughts to notice Armaan advancing towards Maan.

"And so Mr. Maan Singh Khurana, when the hell were you planning to tell us this whole story? That Geet is freaking pregnant, let alone the pregnant with DEV's kid! We are supposed to be your best friends Maan. We feel like chopped liver. And honestly, are simply insulted. NO, don't even think about jumping in, no need to attempt to redeem yourself. It won't work"  Armaan growled as Maan opened his mouth to try to interject.

"Yeah, what was I saying again? Oh yeah, I'm insulted. We're insulted. Maan, we've known you since we were in freaking college! And don't tell me that you didn't have time. We spent the entire two days before your wedding with you. Don't feed me no bullshit like that either. And Dev just vanishing poof from the scene, and you agreeing to marry her! SO MUCH happened and you didn't even remotely think to tell us Maan? And Geet! The woman's pregnant, and you flew her halfway across the freaking world on that honeymoon! Did you know that women aren't supposed to fly during their pregnancy?" Armaan yelled, throwing his arms up in the air in frustration.

"Armaan, enough now, love. Geet flying during her pregnancy will be fine for the baby, so Maan, don't look so panicked. Armaan is just being stupid right now. But you definitely should have her checked and whatnot, she's already 4 and a half months pregnant. She should have been going to the doctor for checkups, has she?" Riddhima stepped into the situation, handling the Armaan part, but throwing Maan completely off balance with her questions.

"I'I think so. How am I supposed to know Ridz?"  asked the confused Maan,  and Kripa just let out a deep exasperated sigh, shaking her head wearily.

"Maan, it's your wife. The woman you married because she's pregnant. How the hell do you not know what's going on with her pregnancy?" Kripa wanted to bang her head on the wall. Why are men so stupid?

Riddhima, seeing that Maan wouldn't have a decent answer for them anytime soon, stepped in once again, telling Maan that Geet and her pregnancy would be her responsibility, and now would be the perfect time for a checkup for her, to see how everything was going along.

"Maan" a soft voice called out, and everyone turned around to see Geet slowly fluttering her eyes open.

Maan immediately rushed over to her, and offered a small smile, taking hold of her hand, as he told her that everything was fine.

"And'and the baby?" she questioned, a hand immediately moving to her stomach as panic set in her eyes.

"Dr. Riddhima said the baby's fine Geet. No need to worry" he smiled back reassuringly, tightening his hold on her hands.

And that's when she finally smiled back, her concentration solely focused on him, and only him, as she didn't even realize the presence of everyone else in the room, who had, by now, quietly slipped out.

But that's when she suddenly processed what Maan had said.

"Riddhima? She knows about the baby?" she whispered, her eyes widening.

"Mhm, and she said it was all fine. In fact, she was yelling at me for not bringing you to any checkups Geet!" Maan replied indignantly.

Geet chuckled seeing his face, "And she should don't you think. I mean you are my husband. But don't worry, I have had my checkups done pretty regularly. Don't freak out."

Maan furrowed his eyebrows together, "But'but I wanted to be there for the checkups, for the ultrasounds, I think it's called" he continued, a little confused as he toyed with all the pregnancy terminology.

"Oh, the ultrasound? I haven't had it done yet, I'm actually scheduled for one sometime next week. My first one. You can come if you want Maan" she ended softly, looking up at him from beneath her eyelashes.

"Oh no Geet. We're not waiting that long. Riddhima said that she would do a checkup today. So that's where we're headed off to next" he grinned, the excitement and anxiousness apparent on his face.

And Geet for some reason, couldn't help but automatically nod to what he said, not wanting to say no.

-|||-

"There's the baby Geet" Riddhima smiled, pointing out a little bean shaped thing that was moving around on the ultrasound machine.

"And you hear that steady noise? That's the heartbeat!" she continued happily.

Before her face suddenly crinkled in confusion. And she peered at the screen on the machine once more.

"Woah guys. It's not only one heartbeat I'm hearing, it's two!" Riddhima turned around, an even wider grin on her face, as Maan's and Geet's jaws dropped from the utter surprise.

"You'you mean, there's twins in there?" Maan asked, bewildered, as he looked at Geet's stomach as if it were some kind of alien object.

"Yup, and these are the two babies" Riddhima pointed out, seeing that they were wriggling inside and were much more clearly visible.

And with that, she left quietly, leaving the couple in the room to come to terms and see their babies for the first time.

Geet's eye teared up, as she stared at the screen in front of her. Babies! Not one but two of her own children! And she had already fallen in love with them, first glance she was seeing of her babies, and she was hopelessly in love.

She looked over to see Maan's attention frozen on the screen in front of him. And a slow smile appeared on her face as she felt one of his hands slide into her own, while the other moved over to touch her stomach. He seemed awe stricken by the sight of this, as he whispered, "Geet, I can't believe those are our babies. They're so real now" he continued softly, the tears that were once present in her eyes now glistening in his own as well.

And she seemed stunned momentarily, as she reached up and covered his hand with her own, "Our babies Maan?" she questioned hesitantly.

At those words, he leaned over and placed a kiss on her forehead, as he said "Do you hear that babies? Your mum was really asking whether I'm your daddy or not" he smiled softly, and the tears then freely flowed down Geet's cheeks.

"We got married for the sake of the babies Geet, of course they're going to grow up as mine" he smirked, as he turned back to her once again. "Regardless of how much we fought, whatever the hell we've attempted to do to each other, let's call a truce now? For the babies?"

And she nodded.

Perfect.

"Thank you so much Maan" she said tearfully,  "You don't know how much it means to me and my babies"

And he wiped the tears away from her eyes carefully, correcting her "Our babies Geet."

And the two held each other's hands tightly as they looked back at the screen one last time, to see the two little fetuses moving around, immediately bringing a smile back onto their faces.

Maan and Geet had finally made peace with each other, if not for each others sake, then for the babies that they were soon going to have.

And love?

They'll be getting there.

Slowly but surely.

Hola Peoplees! πŸ€—

How are you all doing today?

I hope you enjoyed this part, Maan and Geet had a little surprise in store for themπŸ˜† And you saw how the friends reacted, which was surprsingly not terribly bad, don't you thinkπŸ˜‰

But anyways, leave tons and tons and tonsss of comment please :) I really really cannot wait to finish this threadπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

And thanks so much for the awesome comments that you all have left me for the last chapter, and for hitting the like button :)

Cheers!

-Naina

ps. I'm sorry for any errors, I've written this and I'm updating without exactly editing anything😳 And PMs will be later...tomorrow ^_^

Edited by Naina2127 - 12 years ago
Hinal.94 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Naina how mean of u πŸ˜‘
u took so much time n wrote a small update πŸ˜­
but it was simple n sweet
loved the maan told our babies
n finally they have come to a trunce
n twins wowww πŸ˜ƒ

yipeee me first πŸ₯³
Edited by hinal_maaneet - 12 years ago
-bansi- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
ahhha dat was simply beautiful naina...!!!
loved the scene wen maan said "our babies"...chooo chweeet...😳
aww finally they both r at peace n not fighting...ufff...loved it alooottt...
it was awesome...waiting for them to fall in love...that wud really b interesting scene...πŸ˜†
update sooonn naina...gayab mat ho janaπŸ˜† 😳 πŸ˜› πŸ˜ƒ
abinash079 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
awesome part i want to ask u why r u so late in updating the next part plz tell me the reason
..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: abinash079

awesome part i want to ask u why r u so late in updating the next part plz tell me the reason

*eek* i'm so sorry about the delays! i've just been really busy and whatnot, first with school, and now with family and everything :) I'll definitely try to hit one update a week!😳
basicquestion1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
oh wow what an exciting update. 
our babies...aww that's so sweet
sanu3108 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
loved it

the surprise was nice and so was the friends reaction

continue soon

love