Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jazzerette thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Kia!! Thanx for the update....started my day on a dull note...it was just what I needed...a dose of excellent writting and a well-etched plot!! πŸ˜Š
s-o-m-m-i-e thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hey kia darling ur back.........πŸ€—
lovely update......πŸ‘
cont. soon😳
kia_s thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
@jazzy - thanks for the awesome complimentπŸ€—

@sommie -thank u πŸ€—

@trishap - thank uπŸ˜ƒ
divareena thumbnail
loved the updateπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘.

I like how maan is so caring towards his idiot brother Dev and making sure that he starts to stand on his own two feet.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ 

How could Dev be so rude about maan, after all maan is sending money to him.😭😭😭

I am glad maan told Dev and NT not to come to india. The further they are away from Maan and Geet, the better.πŸ˜†

lool why do you have to be so rude to Geet, if only you knew the troubles she has had to face in life. 😭😭😭

-Sangs- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Kia jaan πŸ€—

Great update.. brilliant piece of writing.. it is quite similar to the serial but its fine with me. πŸ˜ƒ and try to update soon..
-shamima- thumbnail
I liked your take on the scenes that were also similar to the show as they fit in perfectly but also where logical and hmm so dev doesn't like his brother because he feels maan looks down on him anyways great update and continue soon 😊
kia_s thumbnail
@divareena -  Thank you for your comments. the current characters of the story reflect my  perception of how i wanted them to be πŸ˜›

@sangs πŸ€—Thanks heaps. πŸ˜ƒ

@shamima - Thank you
πŸ˜ƒ
SapphireFlames thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
well, about the colors. just the bright red is a bit difficult to read. otherwise its cool. and nice update. :)
continue soon-ish. :)
preethia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
nice ff can u pm me for the next update thnks
kia_s thumbnail
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions, highly appreciate all of them. Just an update on the updates, i thought i might be able to do more than one a week but due to my circumstances i am unable to do it. So for now pls bear with the once a week update until i can do more. An update on the story, from now on i am going to incorporate many scenes from the real geet for the continuity of the story. events that i dont include in the story simply does not exist in my story so please dont wonder what happened with an unmentioned eventπŸ˜›.  this is just for a few more chapters. So without further ado, the next update
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 9

"Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." ~ George Bernard Shaw

Naintara hanged up her phone angrily, "Maan" she yelled and threw it on the bed. He was ruining all her plans, this time she thought she will integrate herself with the Khurana's family and try to win back dadis favours and later on take over the Khurana Empire.

But those plans are foiled by Maan making her go back to Canada.

She was mad about his demands and she started pacing in her room from one corner to another in agitation, she was trying to think of ways to get out of this.

Anything that would let her out and help her proceed with her plans, but no Maan has got her locked in all corners with all his stipulations. Her mother in law who informed her about the money and the conditions told her it would be better if she came back to Canada for a while which is what apparently dev wanted too.

Dev she thought for a moment the man who was her husband, who slept with another woman when he knew he was married to her. She hated him now, for the deception he played on her.

She wasn't talking to him for the same reason 'how could he sleep with someone when he knew the sacrifices she has made for him. He was an unfaithful and deceitful husband who any woman would be ashamed to call her own because of his recent behaviour' she thought. She is the one who lost a great deal in this farce and she was the victim here where her own husband cheated her.

But she was made of stronger stuff she thought pride-fully and she cannot be easily broken, she will get through this too.

In a way she dint mind going back, she had at least achieved half of what she came to India for. She already found out that geet the woman she married her husband to, to save themselves from debtor's prison has had a forced abortion and there is no more evidence of the marriage which was a big relief to her.

Also it will not be such a bad idea to keep her husband away from India for some time. She kept thinking 'What if he starts having feelings for his fake wife geet and starts looking for her. He had already slept with her. It is better to avoid anything that might remind about geet to dev'

Keeping that in mind she started calculating the next plan, she cannot alienate dev. He is the key to her entrance in the Khurana family and she was not ready to let go of her ambition to take over the Khurana's.

So she decided for now she will go with Maan's ultimatum and return to Canada. She is already aware of the KC branch that is going to be opened in Canada and there she will start her first game plan.

Maan has underestimated her in many ways and she will prove him wrong, in the next 6 months she will make him trust her and dev and get them involved with the actual Khurana parivar.

With her decision made she smirked and spoke aloud, "Maan Singh Khurana you will rue the day you humiliated Naintara Rathod" she turned around with a swift movement to start packing her bags and return to Canada.

Few weeks later

Sasha walked angrily back to her cabin, she saw Tasha sitting on her desk and loudly complained

"This geet is getting on my nerves Tasha. I have been trying to get her fired but she escapes every single time and I want to do something more this time so she really is out of KC for good. And Mk I am really surprised at his behaviour too, why has he not fired geet yet"

"There have been so many occasions when we deliberately got her in trouble but he seems to be taking it all in stride instead of firing her"

"Yes sasha, I mean...mmm...  sasha mam you are correct Maan sir is acting a bit weird these days"

Sasha huffed angrily and started pacing the room, "yes, how many times did we try... not once or twice. We started with the coffee incident"

Tasha piped in "yes Maan sir had to borrow adi sir's shirt that day"

Sasha nodded "that should have been embarrassment enough for him but no he dint fire her, then what about the file mix up that I deliberately let happen and Mr. Chopra now wants her to do the project"

"Urrrrrrghhh",Sasha crushed the paper of her notepad in her anger.

"She stole my project, that cheap conniving little behenji"

"And how many times have we watched Maan sir removing her dupatta from places she gets it stuck. I feel they are deliberate to get Maan sir's attention as he is so focused on her at those times, that conniving little behenji" added Tasha.

"I know her plans Tasha; she is planning to impress Maan sir and thinking about being his girl friend or something to get her way into Khurana's family money. But I won't let it happen, she is a small town good for nothing and I will make her realise this soon"

"Yes sasha mam we should not let her succeed in her evil plans we have to stop it"

"mmmm, you are right Tasha. Since she stole the project from me I am going to make her realise how difficult it can be to run a project and make her quit on her own. I am going to make her plan a party for getting the chopra project"

"That's a great idea sasha mam, she will give up in no time. You are the best at handling those things" piped Tasha.

"Now I will see what the behenji does" Sasha said with a smirk.

"Yes sasha mam you do that and I will make sure that all her plans never get completed"

"And we will give her a big surprise on the party, to make her realise she is messing with the wrong person" said Sasha.

They both smiled triumphantly as they have just found a way to humiliate and ruin geets reputation for good and get her out of KC forever.

Adi quickly rushed to pinky in the front office,"Pinky do you know where g-g-geet is she is not in her c-c-cabin"

Pinky looked at him and teased "why adi sir missing geet already, everyone falling for her charms now"

"Pinky this is no t-t-time to joke, I am just coming from the HOD meeting and I heard s-s-sasha suggesting to Maan sir that we should organise a party for our chopras assignment and that g-g-geet should do it"

Pinky turned serious hearing this, "Sir you are not yanking my chains right. A party by geet, I am sure she can do it but is this not too much for her experience"

He sighed heavily, "Pinky, I am not joking I heard them t-t-talk and Maan sir also accepted that a party is a good idea. I am worried; I think s-s-sasha and t-t-tasha are hatching something"

Pinky looked at the upset face of adi sir and felt a kinship with him. Ever since geet joined here, adi sir protects geet like a mother hen trying to scare off any invaders.

She knew he treated geet like a little sister and that the feeling was mutual from geet too.

And she liked him as he is the only one other than a few staff who has treated geet with respect and an open mind in her ability to perform and not judge her by her background.

"One moment sir, let me check her schedule"

Pinky quickly checked through the system and said "she is not scheduled but if she is not in her cabin she is probably in a meeting with Maan sir"

Adi nodded at pinky, "well whatever decision Maan s-s-sir makes pinky just let g-g-geet know she has my full s-s-support and can get in touch with me for any help"

Pinky smiled at that and nodded, "sure sir I will let her know that. With the two of us to help her I am sure she will do just fine"

Adi nodded and stumbled at pinky's smile, "T-T-Thanks pinky" and left for his cabin with a smile on his face.

Geet walked out of Maan's cabin in a daze, walked to her cabin and sat in her chair. For a moment she thought it was all a dream.

It started with Maan sir calling her for a quick meeting where he told her that it will be a good idea that a party is thrown for the chopra's project to celebrate signing the multi-million dollar deal.

He continued, since she is the one handling the project she should be the one organising it too. A proper business party with a western theme and that's when things started going downhill for her.

When she heard about the party she thought 'great, good idea'. But when she heard she was going to organise it all she could do was stare at him in shock and imagine 'party......... me' with her mouth wide open.

She knew she cannot say a no outright for organising the chopra party, she already had an argument with him on taking the project in the first place.

She dint even know the ABC's of design or models or running a project and she felt she was doing a disservice by accepting something that she was not adept at doing.

On top of this despite her differences with sasha she agreed this is her forte and compared to sasha she has a long way to go before she can handle a project as her equal.

But one final word of "you are doing it geet" by Maan sir was all it took to shut her up.

When he went on with what needs to be done for the party, all she could hear was a buzz in her ears. For all she knew he could have been speaking in a foreign language, she dint understand a word of what he was saying and she dint have a clue what an official business party involves or what it looks like.

Tears started pooling in her eyes and she was angry with herself for getting upset in front of Maan sir. She dint want to shed it and was trying valiantly to remain calm and composed.

But he found her out, she dint know how but he always knows.

He asked, "Geet are you crying"

"No", but her voice quivered.

"What did I do now to upset you, I did not even talk to you earlier today?"

"Nothing" she replied.

She just wanted to run away and hide instead of dealing with his questions.

"Geet we cannot solve anything, if you are not going to let me know what the issue is. It is better we discuss it now and here before you make another mistake and I have to fix it"

She immediately became angry at his words. She lifted her head a notch with her chin out and in a confident manner said "I am not upset with you; I am just worried about the party"

"I don't know anything about business parties as I have never been to one nor organised one" she finished and waited for his tirade to start.

In contrast his eyes softened immediately at her words and she was sure that he was almost about to smile as though what she said was funny which was what she was thinking after an hour in her cabin staring at her monitor aimlessly, ""his reaction"".

Before she left he told her "geet I will tell you everything you need to do and if you cannot understand anything ask me and keep me updated with your progress so nothing gets mixed up and he gave her the lists of things she needed to start with"

She just nodded and walked out dazedly.

'Maan sir was an enigma to her' she thought, 'every time she concludes he is so and so he does something completely opposite that change all her understanding and her perceptions about him'.

She thought about the coffee incident again where she spilled coffee all over his shirt and if he was going to fire her on the spot but all he did was warn her and leave for the meeting.

She was waiting in agony throughout his meeting if he was going to fire her after the meeting.

'Savitri devi mam was her saving grace that day who patiently listened to her going on and on about her boss'she thought with appreciation. Without her she would have been a nervous wreck wondering what was going to happen.

She felt relaxed and calm after talking to her and getting everything out of her chest but she was embarrassed after the lady left. She looked so regal and elegant and her only thought after that was 'what would a lady of her stature think about a secretary talking about Maan sir like that'

But she looked friendly with an easy smile and she only hoped she dint burn any bridges that day.

And coming back to Maan sir, he totally blew her away that day. After all the agony he just behaved as if nothing happened.

If her luck was fine everything should have been fine after that but no then the day went on with the chopra file mishap.

Despite all that happened that day she is still here, with a project of her own to boot and Maan sir was willing to help her with the party and being nice to her.

"Will she ever understand Maan sir completely or will he remain an enigma" she wondered.

She sighed for she was not sure if she will find an answer to that. She thought, better focus back to what was important and pulled out the course enrollment form from her draw.

She looked at it and brightened, she was finally going to complete her degree course by correspondence. She quickly looked up and whispered "thank you babaji, thank you very much".

**********End of chapter 9*********

Chapter 10

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you all liked it, ThanksπŸ˜ƒ

Edited by kia_s - 13 years ago