kia_s thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
@zaara - you are in the pm list now.😊

@swetha10 - Thank you😊
anisharoy1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
nice ff ..please add me to your pm list....................update soon.........
kia_s thumbnail
@anisharoy1 - you are in my PM list now.
chsweety22 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
any chance of update now?
kia_s thumbnail
Hi everyone,

So finally i am in chapter 10 which i feel is a mile stone for me. I will take this opportunity to thank you all for staying with this journey of mine and to see you all through until the journey completes with this FF.I would like to quote Robert Frost in this occasion -
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

So here goes the next update--

NOTE:  Just to let you all know this chapter will be pretty much a reflection on the events in the serial. I needed to write this for the story to progress, its more a reflection on the leads thoughts. But dont be disappointed that i might be repeating the same actual story line, the twists are coming and this is just another natural progression towards that. Just think of this as a refresher from the good old days of geet. Hope you enjoy πŸ˜ƒ

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 10

The day after (khurban hua) the party

Geet opened her eyes  to a sunny morning, her face felt swollen and her eyes puffy. For a moment she could not remember what caused it, but then last night came crashing down on her.

She couldn't believe she was humiliated to her core by none other than Sasha. She was so cautious in every single step she took, that she failed to see this coming. But she never expected anyone to stoop this low especially a woman who could embarrass someone else in this manner.

Her eyes started stinging with tears, just thinking about last night. Everything started well in the morning, she went to office and from there adi sir accompanied her to the venue and helped her with suggestions and things she needed to watch out for. Pinky popped in during lunch, gave her some food and helped her with whatever she could and left so she could get the clothes for her to change over for the night.

Everything was going well the food was ordered, party arrangements were coming along really well, flowers were delivered. She was just covering the last minute party arrangements when Maan sir walked in and for her shame she stumbled right into his arms. She was so embarrassed she made a quick excuse and asked him if he found everything to his satisfaction.

She was waiting with bated breath for his approval, for some reason she wanted him to like what she had done and be proud of her. He looked at her up and down and turned around to look at the arrangements when Sasha and Tasha walked in.

He took a long deep breath she thought he was happy and that he was going to tell her, but she was wrong.

'Oh, was she wrong!'

"Geet" he thundered.

She who was staring at his face blinked for a moment when she saw the anger there. She looked at him questioningly.

"What have you done geet?"

Geet was stupefied hearing him, "I have done exactly what you wanted sir, and in fact to the dot I followed your instructions precisely"

"I am not talking about the decorations geet; I am talking about the timing. Its 6.55 pm and the party starts at 7 and you have not completed the decoration yet. All the decor work is still incomplete"

"Sir, the party was supposed to be at 8. That was the planned time, I dint know the time changed"

"Don't lie geet, I specifically informed sasha to inform you". He looked at Sasha and asked "Did you not sasha?"

Sasha replied in a very neutral tone, "Of course sir. I called the reception and informed them to tell geet. She does not have a mobile phone and that was the only way for me to contact her"

He nodded at that and turned back to geet.

"I never thought you so inept. I told you this is a very important party and that this deal is very important to us and you have not even completed the decorations"

"I should have known, that you cannot keep up with it"

"But sir"

"No buts geet, the clients will be here anytime and what are you going to tell them that the person they chose to run their project is so inept at time management and that is going to endear Khurana constructions to them, answer me geet. Will it?"

"Sir if you just give me 10 minutes I can tidy this place and get it ready by then"

"10 minutes geet, now I know you are dumb as well being inept. I am saying the clients will be here anytime and you are asking 10 minutes. What should I tell them that my inept secretary is still trying to get the party hall ready so that they can laugh on my face?"

Geet's eyes stinged at the public humiliation she was getting, but she composed herself before he starts giving her another lecture on that.

Sasha butted in then "Mk, I told you geet is too inexperienced to handle this. But you calm down. I have managed party crisis before and I can fix this in no time. Give me a moment"

Even before he could give his acceptance, she turned to the venue staff and ordered them to fix the place.

At that moment, Geet wasn't going to gainsay anything. This deal was more important than her individual pride so she kept her mouth shut and let Sasha deal with the rest.

That should have settled everything; he stared at her with angry eyes and said through gritted teeth. "It would be better if you get ready and come geet. I don't want my clients thinking I have a very unethical secretary being employed and running their project"

But her luck went down the drain straight after that, the whole night became her personal night mare.

It continued with the saree that Tasha gave her instructing her that Maan sir wanted her to wear it. Alarm bells should have gone in her head; instead she was so distressed with what happened in the party hall she meekly wore it and went to the hall.

Just when she entered the hall she knew how gullible she had been, she had fallen right into Sasha's traps. All those whispered comments by the guests and staff, Maan sir's angry stare she was literally cringing and waiting for the moment the party would end.

She kept a low profile and hid literally away from the crowd so not to ruin anything for Maan sir.

She was brought to his attention again with the food that was served. She decided then that it definitely was not her day. By the way Sasha was so eager to fix the problems that geet supposedly committed made her suspicious but she dint say anything to make it worse.

The clients were right there and they were making a mockery of the food served. She wanted to run and hide the way Maan sir was staring at her. But she stood straight and told him there has been some kind of mistake and that she ordered continental food.

When the food issue got organised she thought that will be the end of Sasha's ministrations. She let her guard down a tiny bit when everyone moved to the dance floor. She slowly tried to get out of the hall as the lights dimmed.

But Maan sir had other ideas; he held her arms when she was trying to leave. Her hands burned where he touched her. She lost focus for a minute.

She looked at him and his eyes were smouldering and staring straight at her. She was disconcerted, no one had ever stared at her like this, like she couldn't name it but there was something in those eyes that melted her insides like a puddle.

He twirled her angrily, and pulled her back to him and in the guise of what started to be a dance he started throwing accusations one after the other at her.

She tried explaining tried to make him understand, he just refused to listen and everything became too much for her then.

She pushed him away with tears in her eyes and decided to leave the hall. She told him how hard she was trying to please him from day one so he can never be inconvenienced nor be let down. But he never trusted her enough to believe her.

She told him angrily, "you dint want us to bring the past between us. But I think you bring the past between us all the time and that's clouding your judgement of me"

With that she walked away from him, but he caught her hand again. Then everything came undone. There was a subtle change in the way he was holding her for the dance.

The way he was dancing with her was screaming of possession and his eyes were screaming of possessiveness. The aggressiveness just added to the mix of emotions rolling between them. He was burning her with his eyes. Everything faded and for her no one existed at the moment other than him.

She was breathless, and every time he pulled her close for a dance manoeuvre she felt his hot breath on her skin and she was sensitised with their movements.

She had never let any man come this close, but with him she dint mind. She dint know why but she dint. It was like her mind and body were separated from her.

She just let go and joined the rhythm of his movements. She felt like she was intoxicated, her body too tight and the only word she can come up with her emotion was passion, raw unbridled passion.

The moment created a subtle shift in their relationship too, like many door in their life reopened and many shut. Like they were equals for the moment and the mystery of something just unfolded.

By the end of the dance she felt overwhelmed, the feelings he created in her were too strong for her to ignore and she never felt passion of this kind before.

When the dance stopped she slowly moved his hand away, that was when she was sure they both realised they had an audience.

She was too stunned to do anything to move away from the stares of others, when he walked away from the hall.

But worse was yet to come for her sasha couldn't be satisfied with the venom she already spit, she moved in for the final kill by undoing her saree and making it tear. She was shocked and so stunned that she dint do anything but stand there and cry.

Geet literally cringed at that memory which was the worst of it all. But her saviour came from a surprising end 'Maan sir'.

She couldn't think any further about last night, after all the arguments and misunderstandings they have had he had come for her rescue once again and she could never thank him enough for that.

The night ended with him finding a changing room for her to change. He said he will drop her home but the nights events were a cold splash of water for her.

The time she spent alone while waiting for him to organise a changing room, she contemplated the events of the evening. Reality hit home and she knew she cannot always rely on Maan sir to come and rescue her. She needed to stand on her own.

She sighed at the memory and got up from bed. Today was another day and she better utilise it as she was not going to work anyways. For one she looked like a mess but the real reason was for her to get in her assignments through for her course.

She called in sick and she was feeling guilty, but she was given a very short notice for this assignment that pinky advised her to take a sick leave today few days ago.

She refreshed herself quickly and started organising the papers she needed to send through.

Maan walked up to the door of the house geet lived in; he stood there unsure of how to talk to her. He had never felt this unsure of anyone else in his life but geet always made him feel like a man who just entered his adulthood. She brought out all his good and bad emotions to a pinnacle.

He thought about last night wondering how things could have gone so wrong. After he reached home and calmed himself down he realised geet is too innocent to lie and deceive and he did misjudge her.

He knew his anger towards her last night was in excess but it included a lot of other emotions he was not ready to put a name on.

And the dance, the dance that was burned in his mind and body forever. She burned him up with a passion he never knew and he was not willing to admit what he felt when she was in his arms.

This morning when pinky gave him the files and told her that geet was sick and took a leave, he was immediately worried about her.

Last night's events especially after the dance when her saree came apart he was ready to give her a piece of his mind about wearing a saree to a business party.

But her tear stained face undid him, he quickly covered and led her away from the hall.

Now he was sure it was probably why she was avoiding office and he knew the more she delays the confrontation with the office staff the more they are going to speculate. The only way to stop it, is for her to come back to office.

Then and there he decided he will have a word with the office staff and get geet back here the same day.

Now, standing in front of her door he wondered about his actions but he had a game plan. He was sure she won't suspect anything he told himself after all it is him 'Maan Singh Khurana'.

He slowly lifted his hands and rang the door bell.

**********To be continued*********

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S - I have to admit this was one of the most challenging chapters i have written so far as i had to re do an already existing classic moment in the serial. i hope i have done justice to it and that you guys were'nt bored reading itπŸ˜›. So do let me know what you all think. Appreciate it, cheers😊

chsweety22 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
superb update
very well written..!!
do continue soon..
thank u so very much 4 pm
Edited by sai22789 - 13 years ago
mrk-1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
awsome one yaar..loveed it ..must say u r an awsome writer 
swetha10 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
wow lovely update.. very beautifully written.. cant wait for the next part..continue soon....
kia_s thumbnail
@sai22789 - Thanks a lotπŸ˜ƒ

@mrk_1 - Thank you so much, glad you enjoyed it.
πŸ˜ƒ

@swetha10 - Thanks heaps
πŸ˜ƒ
zaara2212 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
thats so nice update awwwwwwwwwww
pls continue soon