Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-bhootni- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
Sab...I guess it might lessen abit...hopefully!
-Mansi- thumbnail
I have never heard of this ever....:(
FaithnFate thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
kya baat hai sumi ji post is nice.
 well saw da epi n realised if i'll see den i will defo break ma T.V. gud hav ma xamz so i can skip lol .........as if!!
cumin bak 2 ur question i do not see religion wen it cum's around gal all religions hav got der own rules set out 4rm men n women. though women hav little more .........
      Well men do have restrictions too some maintan der lines n some ............. as far as gal well parts of da  wrld r yet to accept gal being born so dis is jus a bitter pinch of it!!!!
      No matter hw many NGO's open unless n unless da women  stands 4r her self respect  she will not knw her wrth either she will win da battle or be proud of da fact tht she stood "haar ke bhi jitna shayad ise kehte hai "
 certain questions seriosly need answers...............
Edited by 1kaarzoo - 14 years ago
Antares thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
OMG!!! Sumi.....is this really you *pinches herself*......lolz....its seriously you who came up with such a post......kidding :P

I don't think honour killing is religious......I mean I don't have a thorough knowledge of all the religions......but among the Hindus its not something religious.......its practiced nevertheless.....the society we live in is responsible for it.....and to some extent the parents who carry out such cruel acts. I know people in the society malign the family after the girl is accused of doing something that seemingly tarnished the family image.....but the family members should atleast support her......they should trust her enough to listen her out. But sadly things don't go that way.....the most important thing for them is their family honour......so they can afford to sacrifice the girl. I cannot say that everyone is like that.....times are changing for the better....but still it prevails in large numbers.
-bhootni- thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Mansi-

I have never heard of this ever....:(

you're one of the luck ones then...but it does exist unfortunately

Originally posted by: 1kaarzoo

kya baat hai sumi ji post is nice.

well saw da epi n realised if i'll see den i will defo break ma T.V. gud hav ma xamz so i can skip lol .........as if!!
cumin bak 2 ur question i do not see religion wen it cum's around gal all religions hav got der own rules set out 4rm men n women. though women hav little more .........
      Well men do have restrictions too some maintan der lines n some ............. as far as gal well parts of da  wrld r yet to accept gal being born so dis is jus a bitter pinch of it!!!!
      No matter hw many NGO's open unless n unless da women  stands 4r her self respect  she will not knw her wrth either she will win da battle or be proud of da fact tht she stood "haar ke bhi jitna shayad ise kehte hai "
 certain questions seriosly need answers...............

lol thanks sana! aww I missed you *hug*

I agree with you...it is women who need to stand up for their self-respect...doesn't it say in our religion that God helps who helps themselves...

and  ya even today's episode made me wanna murder all men present!!!

Originally posted by: Starry_night

OMG!!! Sumi.....is this really you *pinches herself*......lolz....its seriously you who came up with such a post......kidding :P

I don't think honour killing is religious......I mean I don't have a thorough knowledge of all the religions......but among the Hindus its not something religious.......its practiced nevertheless.....the society we live in is responsible for it.....and to some extent the parents who carry out such cruel acts. I know people in the society malign the family after the girl is accused of doing something that seemingly tarnished the family image.....but the family members should atleast support her......they should trust her enough to listen her out. But sadly things don't go that way.....the most important thing for them is their family honour......so they can afford to sacrifice the girl. I cannot say that everyone is like that.....times are changing for the better....but still it prevails in large numbers.

lol oye what's with that? i can make sensible posts you know :P....

anyways...has time really changed for all of us? I think not! and true not even in Hinduaism but as far as I know in all the other relgions...honour killing is not justified at all! why is that only a girl can tarnish the family's name but not a boy?

thanks lana!!
Antares thumbnail
Sumi.....I know....it seems boys have the legal right to do anything they feel like.....there is no stopping them....and instead the family supports them even if he is a criminal.....and it has happened in many instances....when were they anyways fair to the girls......all of us still have to suffer in one way or the other....maybe not that much coz we can speak for ourselves....but still many are bearing the brunt.
-bhootni- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Starry_night

Sumi.....I know....it seems boys have the legal right to do anything they feel like.....there is no stopping them....and instead the family supports them even if he is a criminal.....and it has happened in many instances....when were they anyways fair to the girls......all of us still have to suffer in one way or the other....maybe not that much coz we can speak for ourselves....but still many are bearing the brunt.

it's not the legal rights...women have legal rights too...it is the social rights that are the main problem here...men have the social rights to do whatever they want...while women are stuck with the social stigma
Antares thumbnail

Originally posted by: princessuma

it's not the legal rights...women have legal rights too...it is the social rights that are the main problem here...men have the social rights to do whatever they want...while women are stuck with the social stigma

lolz....I meant legal rights in a sarcastic way :P
-bhootni- thumbnail
lol ooo i get it pri...lol and I agree!
luv07prida thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
really a sensible post dear
n ya i do agree ki why girls hve to be killed n not the men
why do they put the blame on us
i still dont understand