Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SunShine_A thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago
hiii sumi
i m ashlesha

yeahh its really sad to see, women still face discrimination and exploiting them is nto considered a big deal by any1
315925 thumbnail
Good topic Sumaiya!
What I don't understand is HOW can it be LEGAL?
When my mother told me about it I was SO shocked. I mean NO ONE can take your life for following your heart, it's absolutely WRONG.
How can parents be so much into status and honour? Really heartless.
--NIdheys
Sofna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
😲Sumi this post was written by u 😲😲😲😲
Got me thinkin...usually i don't think wen i reply to yr postsπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
It's sad hw pple utilise Religion for their selfish conveniences!!!
Religion gives more importance n respect to women than any social group does!!!
Honour is a great thing!! I know i have lived with this since birth..were my elders wud prefer to die rather than go back on their words!!!
Jst imagine growing up in a family were our every action is literally under microscope from society!!!
One mis step n the news is arnd our community n UK N Bangladesh in the blink of an eye!!!
But jst the way they we had to live by such strict regulation...our family took the importance of giving us the education of how to maintain ourselves with this type background!!!
Yes, it always be the women who suffer, at the cruelty of men, for their convenienece!!!!
N NO MATTER HW FORWARD WE become it will always be practised somwer by som1.....n the blame will be given to rerligion
Nice PostπŸ€—
-bhootni- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Ashlesha09

hiii sumi
i m ashlesha

yeahh its really sad to see, women still face discrimination and exploiting them is nto considered a big deal by any1

and when a woman does raise her voice she is shut...sad...

Originally posted by: NidzCole_ArTi

Good topic Sumaiya!

What I don't understand is HOW can it be LEGAL?
When my mother told me about it I was SO shocked. I mean NO ONE can take your life for following your heart, it's absolutely WRONG.
How can parents be so much into status and honour? Really heartless.
--NIdheys

Hi nidheys! lol can I call you nidz?
I don't think it's legal at all...I am pretty sure there are laws against such behaviour in India...but the practice is so integrated in the society that no law can surpress it! heartless indeed!

Originally posted by: Sofna

😲Sumi this post was written by u 😲😲😲😲

Got me thinkin...usually i don't think wen i reply to yr postsπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
It's sad hw pple utilise Religion for their selfish conveniences!!!
Religion gives more importance n respect to women than any social group does!!!
Honour is a great thing!! I know i have lived with this since birth..were my elders wud prefer to die rather than go back on their words!!!
Jst imagine growing up in a family were our every action is literally under microscope from society!!!
One mis step n the news is arnd our community n UK N Bangladesh in the blink of an eye!!!
But jst the way they we had to live by such strict regulation...our family took the importance of giving us the education of how to maintain ourselves with this type background!!!
Yes, it always be the women who suffer, at the cruelty of men, for their convenienece!!!!
N NO MATTER HW FORWARD WE become it will always be practised somwer by som1.....n the blame will be given to rerligion
Nice PostπŸ€—

lol Sofna you know I can write intellectual stuff once in a while if I feel the situation is worth wasting my precious words :P...lol kidding :P
I agree religion does give more importance to women than it is credited for! There are a lot of religious practices that are consider discriminatory against women...but when you really analyze them...you realize that they do make sense...but that's probably just me!
I have a huge problem with societal thinking...be it against women or sexual minorities...
True...I guess I can't really relate to the honour thing because my parents are quite different from the rest of their family...one of my cuz is not allowed to wear jeans apparently...anyways...if a girl gets raped....she has dishonoured a family...but what about the girl herself...the torture that she has gone through no one cares...but everyone is obessed with honour...it truly saddens me!
true it really doesn't matter how forward we become...the age old thinking isn't about to change anytime soon
lol thanks *hug*
315925 thumbnail
🀣 i TYPED Nidheys by mistake! It;s NIDHEYA.
Of course u can call me Nidz! We met in the Pagalkhana remember? πŸ˜†
-bhootni- thumbnail
lol oo ya we did!!! oops really bad memory :P
that reminds me I need to come to the pagalkhana too :P
428279 thumbnail
nice post, Sumi.
it disheartens me to say that,this is definitely a very prevalent issue in society today.I think its beyond sad how this happens to girls, in villages or anywhere else. and religion should not be used as a scapegoat, tag or coverup for it as some people have made it while commiting these horrendous acts. its horrible how, even though this type of behavior and crimes are outlawed yet people still subject this disresepct and unequal treatment to women. no matter how far it goes, its not right at all, and I really hope this will diminsh to an end with a new generation emerging. because this is obvs more common with the elder egneration, and their thinking that way i think b/c of the way they were raised. but i dont think that should suffice for treating a women less than a man, and/or not giving a woman the simple rights she deserves as a woman. the woman infanticide and killing women if they were raped, or anything along the lines..its just sad and really shouldn't happen!!
Parakeet thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
aftr a long time the post like that i hav come thru.. thanks 4 putting it here...

apart from this.. ur analysis.. is gr8.. i shud say that.. gr8 work... πŸ‘πŸΌ
Edited by pj-JKR - 14 years ago
-bhootni- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sab93

nice post, Sumi.

it disheartens me to say that,this is definitely a very prevalent issue in society today.I think its beyond sad how this happens to girls, in villages or anywhere else. and religion should not be used as a scapegoat, tag or coverup for it as some people have made it while commiting these horrendous acts. its horrible how, even though this type of behavior and crimes are outlawed yet people still subject this disresepct and unequal treatment to women. no matter how far it goes, its not right at all, and I really hope this will diminsh to an end with a new generation emerging. because this is obvs more common with the elder egneration, and their thinking that way i think b/c of the way they were raised. but i dont think that should suffice for treating a women less than a man, and/or not giving a woman the simple rights she deserves as a woman. the woman infanticide and killing women if they were raped, or anything along the lines..its just sad and really shouldn't happen!!

hey sab!! thanks! will it diminish with the new generation? I really hope so but I don't think so! Brij is from the new generation...but one can clearly see that he is highly influenced by the thinking of daaji...and I think that's the case with a lot of new generation men and boys...it has been fed into their mind that women are the carriers of honour and they should protect them!
428279 thumbnail

Originally posted by: princessuma

hey sab!! thanks! will it diminish with the new generation? I really hope so but I don't think so! Brij is from the new generation...but one can clearly see that he is highly influenced by the thinking of daaji...and I think that's the case with a lot of new generation men and boys...it has been fed into their mind that women are the carriers of honour and they should protect them!

i really hope it will!!
and true, but hopefully there wont be too many peopl like Brij or with ideals like that.
idk, i feel like it'll be less in the future for sure, though.