Spiritual Mind

Posted: 1 months ago

I don't think Meghnad was a tragic hero , he was plain evil like Ravan

chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ananya3129

Thanks for the tag @Chatterbox

According to Valmiki Ramayana, Indrajeeta was no tragic hero, he was a complete villain. Yes he was a Pitrubhakt and obedient son of his father but disrespectful towards his own uncle too when he sided with Shri Rama. He neither regretted his actions nor he was apologetic. He always attacked while being invisible. He always knew his father was wrong but he supported him. Its an insult to Shri Rama if anyone compares him to that psycho Indrajeeta/ Meghnaad.

That last line psycho smiley37 i can't stop laughing at all here. That's the best description 😂

But if indrajit was psycho what was his sadist brother Akshay Kumar 😳😂

RamAayeHain thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Team Arjun

Originally posted by: Quantum-Dot

Tagging a few to participate in this week's WDT! Check post 1.

Thanks for the tag smiley31

Here after a loooooong time smiley36

Niice topic though I don't think Meghnad was hero, tragic for sure but not hero smiley36

Will share my thoughts soon

950842 thumbnail

Agree with everyone, there is no doubt Meghanath/Indrajit was a mighty warrior, however he was not a tragic hero by any means, like it is being portrayed in the show Shrimad Ramayan. But wish we could have this discourse with someone from Lanka, they have a contrasting view on the Ramayana there.

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Meghnad was neither tragic nor a hero.

Art mediums have a certain level of fascination with twisting the narrative and adding their own imagination to present villains like Karna, Ravana, and Indrajit as tragic figures. These pieces of art then get quoted over source material by ignorant fans.

iluvusakshi thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8

Mujhe tag kyu nahi kiya??smiley19

Anyways...

Like all of u here, i also don't think k indrajeet was a hero..Tragic to wo tha hi nahi kabhi.

Ravan ki asuri ichha ko aage bandhane ka kaam indrajeet ne kiya. Ravan ki wrong deeds ko usne badhawa diya.

Uske paas powers toh bahot sare the, lekin wo khud bhi galat tha aur galat ka saath dene ke wajah se uska ant ho gaya.

chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

In short strong warrior having all weapons, driven by his father ambition. May or may not understand the right and wrong. Only his father mattered to him. Just think if he was that gyaani or understood the rights and wrongs then there would be no ramayan.

Hero or tragic well can't say.