Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SAOkr thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 days ago

Originally posted by: mpks1

There are some things stretched in the OG too.

Meena’ (FL in the OG)’s brother continues to steal and Muthu (ML in the OG) knows about it, warned him too but he us hiding it from Meena as she will be heartbroken. Muthu and Satya’s (brother in the OG) rivalry and rift has become huge and Satya is now eorking for a local thug to make quick money which Muthu knows sbout. This track is being stretched for a long time, not sure when it will end and when Meena will come to know the complete truth (she knows partial truth at this time)

Bhabi’s truth, her character is Rohini who marries the older brother  Manoj after he comes back (rather mother brings him home after he gets cheated of the money, which will happen in the coming episodes) . She is a big time fraud who lies through her teeth and gets away with it. This has been happening for a year. Only Muthu is  suspicious about her and even outed couple of her lies but she manages to cover up. Even Meena is not aware of her truth. Mother character blindly supports and believes the older DIL just to spite Muthu and Meena. This has been going on for 1 year, fans are getting irritated with the writers and asking the team to bring Rohini’s some lies out in the front. 

3rd bahu’s parents who are rich are dead against separating their daughter-SIL from the family. They even trued but failed few times. No one knows their  true intentions. This is being stretched too.

In all these main tracks Muthu is the only aware that something is wrong and all 3 are frauds smiley36 There is no track in the OG where Muthu is not involved. He has to be there and that’s exactly what the fans and audience wantsmiley36

Otherwise, most of the tracks are wrapped up in few episodes - 10-15 probably. 
The best part is the show is consistently in Top 3 in my State and every promo (they release 2 promos a week) gets appreciated. Mon-Wed will be on one issue and Thu-Sat will be another one, so there is something always happening and its fast paced.

As for ML being angry with the FL initially will get better in the coming days.  When the mother brings the older brother and throws tantrums that her son has been cheated by his ex-GF and he has no where to go, that’s when Sachin-Sailee’s relationship will take a transformation. Sachin will completely support Sailee and he will do certain things which will be the right thing to do to protect Sailee and her self respect, 

There will be one short  separation in the future but the rift between the 2 will be huge, then again Saille will come back and things again will become normal. I don’t want to reveal much about the reason why this separation happens.

I feel, the writers are the OG are not compromising on any tracks  because of TRPs and most of the time they only give what  the audience want and they have nothing to worry about since the show is consistently doing well. Because of the popularity of this show similar ML/FL characters are being written in competitive channels like Sun TV/Zee Tamil/Colors Tamil.

One thing about the ML-FL in the OG is that they don’t hide anything between them and discuss everything. The only time Muthu hid something is about Meena’s brother full truth (she knows some of it) only because he doesn’t her to get hurt and worry about him, Besides being a great son and a husband, Muthu is also an awesome Son-in-law, very protective of Meena’s mother, brother and sister. 

There are so many good things in the OG show that can be shown in this version too   but having seen how PS hindi version was butchered , I am worried how the TRPs of ITV  will influence this show and change the storyline. 
I am enjoying the OG only because, there is no 3rd angle, no toxicity between ML-FL whereas they show how a husband can be supportive and help his wife achieve what she wants and how they work as a unit. Ofcourse it comes with the evil MIL, conniving and selfish older brother and Bhabi, but as Muthu isays in the OG, “idhayum kadandhu povom” ( This shall pass too). 

Soon Vijay TV awards are coming up, Siragadikka Aasai is predicted to win majority of the awards because the show is raking in money for the channel. ML-FL are super popular in the State, and jointly do many  reality shows and brand advertisements. 

og has a fine story  and it has that spice and comedic relief to it because of muthus character.

and honestly speaking UKA team is exactly following og so even if there are some stretches if they follo og audience will surely love it in my opinion because it has that spice and comedic relief to it because of sachin and tejas apart from saas bahu drama.

in the tag its a mess but i think it needs a little bit of time otherwise it has great potential even for itv even with itv standards.

one thing that UKA does great is not to stretch tracks its timeline is same as og and i think it will definitely help ith trps because in every 15-20 eps a track is changed and muthu or sachin as you mentioned will always be in those tracks .

i  just wanted to ask if whole of sachins past is revealed?

also sachin and shiva are poles apart in their characterization. 

shiva was an idealist when it comes to family or ps whereas sachin is a realist he has his own thought process and as far as i know he can even speak against baba if he thinks baba is wrong.that where shiva failed because he was always obligated to his family.

there are a lot of scene in og like muthu and meena visiting aayi. muthu telling about his past , breaking of ice phase of their relation , muthu with meenas family. and muthu helping with meenas store, meena helping muthu with financiers. 

its a great storyline if itv really had patience to show this for 6-7 months regardless of trp .

well the promos are based on sailee . ofc because no matter how much we deny itv is based on the fact how much audience connect with fl and how much ml plays an active role in her journey . so once they connect show will do better i think thats what channel and production team wants i guess. smiley37well twitter tag is a mess comparing ss again. hope people understands this .

i hope this show does well ,it one of few shows which remind me of og itv shows like sarabhai, malgudi, mugherilal. it has that potential.

thanks again prema di for updates .

sakshi.ekansh thumbnail
Posted: 11 days ago

Originally posted by: mpks1

There are some things stretched in the OG too.

Meena’ (FL in the OG)’s brother continues to steal and Muthu (ML in the OG) knows about it, warned him too but he us hiding it from Meena as she will be heartbroken. Muthu and Satya’s (brother in the OG) rivalry and rift has become huge and Satya is now eorking for a local thug to make quick money which Muthu knows sbout. This track is being stretched for a long time, not sure when it will end and when Meena will come to know the complete truth (she knows partial truth at this time)

Bhabi’s truth, her character is Rohini who marries the older brother  Manoj after he comes back (rather mother brings him home after he gets cheated of the money, which will happen in the coming episodes) . She is a big time fraud who lies through her teeth and gets away with it. This has been happening for a year. Only Muthu is  suspicious about her and even outed couple of her lies but she manages to cover up. Even Meena is not aware of her truth. Mother character blindly supports and believes the older DIL just to spite Muthu and Meena. This has been going on for 1 year, fans are getting irritated with the writers and asking the team to bring Rohini’s some lies out in the front. 

3rd bahu’s parents who are rich are dead against separating their daughter-SIL from the family. They even trued but failed few times. No one knows their  true intentions. This is being stretched too.

In all these main tracks Muthu is the only aware that something is wrong and all 3 are frauds smiley36 There is no track in the OG where Muthu is not involved. He has to be there and that’s exactly what the fans and audience wantsmiley36

Otherwise, most of the tracks are wrapped up in few episodes - 10-15 probably. 
The best part is the show is consistently in Top 3 in my State and every promo (they release 2 promos a week) gets appreciated. Mon-Wed will be on one issue and Thu-Sat will be another one, so there is something always happening and its fast paced.

As for ML being angry with the FL initially will get better in the coming days.  When the mother brings the older brother and throws tantrums that her son has been cheated by his ex-GF and he has no where to go, that’s when Sachin-Sailee’s relationship will take a transformation. Sachin will completely support Sailee and he will do certain things which will be the right thing to do to protect Sailee and her self respect, 

There will be one short  separation in the future but the rift between the 2 will be huge, then again Saille will come back and things again will become normal. I don’t want to reveal much about the reason why this separation happens.

I feel, the writers are the OG are not compromising on any tracks  because of TRPs and most of the time they only give what  the audience want and they have nothing to worry about since the show is consistently doing well. Because of the popularity of this show similar ML/FL characters are being written in competitive channels like Sun TV/Zee Tamil/Colors Tamil.

One thing about the ML-FL in the OG is that they don’t hide anything between them and discuss everything. The only time Muthu hid something is about Meena’s brother full truth (she knows some of it) only because he doesn’t her to get hurt and worry about him, Besides being a great son and a husband, Muthu is also an awesome Son-in-law, very protective of Meena’s mother, brother and sister. 

There are so many good things in the OG show that can be shown in this version too   but having seen how PS hindi version was butchered , I am worried how the TRPs of ITV  will influence this show and change the storyline. 
I am enjoying the OG only because, there is no 3rd angle, no toxicity between ML-FL whereas they show how a husband can be supportive and help his wife achieve what she wants and how they work as a unit. Ofcourse it comes with the evil MIL, conniving and selfish older brother and Bhabi, but as Muthu isays in the OG, “idhayum kadandhu povom” ( This shall pass too). 

Soon Vijay TV awards are coming up, Siragadikka Aasai is predicted to win majority of the awards because the show is raking in money for the channel. ML-FL are super popular in the State, and jointly do many  reality shows and brand advertisements. 

Prema di, Out of curiosity I went to explore the OG and all the remakes. Though I don't exactly understand the language but have understood the dynamics from your description and UKA. Looks like Marathi remake is recently started and Telegu and Malayalam versions are ahead. 
But I was surprised to see same actors in different versions. Like MIL is played by same actress and in OG (Tamil) and Telegu. And FL is same in OG and Malayalam version. 
Found the Telegu one not exactly going like OG. I may be wrong. 

Today's episode gives a hint of Sailee to fall for Sachin first and she was affected by his words. 

Saw some BTS where they were shooting the Fish scene that I watched in the OG as well. But I have stopped watching OG now as it is kind of a spoiler. 
Really looking forward to Tejas's return now. I want Sachin to bash him left right and center. 

spdp thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sakshi.ekansh

Prema di, Out of curiosity I went to explore the OG and all the remakes. Though I don't exactly understand the language but have understood the dynamics from your description and UKA. Looks like Marathi remake is recently started and Telegu and Malayalam versions are ahead. 
But I was surprised to see same actors in different versions. Like MIL is played by same actress and in OG (Tamil) and Telegu. And FL is same in OG and Malayalam version. 

Today's episode gives a hint of Sailee to fall for Sachin first and she was affected by his words. 

Saw some BTS where they were shooting the Fish scene that I watched in the OG as well. But I have stopped watching OG now as it is kind of a spoiler. 
Really looking forward to Tejas's return now. I want Sachin to bash him left right and center. 

I have checked regional versions some episodes too out of curiosity.

FL is acting in Tamil & another version as well! Which is kind of impossible for Hindi itv. For eg, imagine both hindi & Marathi version (since hindi is based in Maharashtrian background) same FL working in both. 

another thing: hindi is following Og Tamil completely.

Though when you watch tamil scenes: pace looks perfect.

But hindi, it looks rather very slow! 

Haven’t checked Telugu , but Marathi has many changes! Adapted with a lot of tweaks to suit context.

Like, girl Meera is more Marathi street vendor, bindas. Normal. Not timid mahan like sailee. Garibi is balanced. Hindi they overstretched it.
Ml / Sachin/satya is full tapori! Has good long scenes with friends. With younger & older brothers. 

With aai & baba beyond basic ones we saw per og in Hindi.

Like He starts driving auto after losing taxi. Gives ride to his parents by hiding face & baba then figures from mirror & comedy!

Ml is one to take Fl to show her brother in wrong company. 
the kidnap drama- he snatches her activa (not 90s garib Luna like hindi) to follow chain snatchers and in process her phone goes with him.

At her baba’s funeral part: it is satya with his baba witnessing it all. Sachin goes Meera’s house with baba to tell them and maafi mango. Meera starts working as maid & baba sees her in a party and starts thinking of her with guilt. 
inshort a whole lot of changes. 

In complete translation of og: few scenes which might look ok in og context, look very off here!

Like current suhagrat ‘rasam’ push by baba and the whole mumbo jumbo about it! It is panning out too cringe to be comical! Baba, Sailee’s aai & co are almost ready to stay in room and guide through! It is too cringy!

Forced marraige & arranged marraige in ItV has been done zillion times, but this cringe was full of sasta nasha! 
weird to say the least!

Also, Sailee’s reactions come across as rather desperate , ready to do it all , zero hesitation! 
they give scenes trying to show her fears but her expressions , reactions in scenes don’t match the narrative!

Can’t pinpoint, but something is too off! And it’s very visible as others in scene are superior actors! 

Anyways, let’s see if trp hold up in family drama. As, per og show has that as baseline. 

mpks1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sakshi.ekansh

Sakshi, I don’t follow other versions at all. All I know if OG FL - Priya Balakumaran is working as the FL in Malayalam version and Anila Sreekumar ( Mother in OG) is acting as the mother in Telugu version too. That’s pretty much I know as I follow all the actors of the OG l. They are a fantastic bunch and very close knit.  Anila is a seasoned actress, very good at her craft. This is the ML’s first show but you will never know its his first show as he is amazing. If I tell you that this show is mainly promoted because of the ML and the actor. Fans get angry if Muthu is not involved in any of the tracks smiley36 Since Priya is busy in 2 languages as the FL, she only works 15 days for the OG and the other 15 days for the Malayalam version. One thing about  Vijay TV shows is there is plenty of bank episodes. Sometimes we get BTS pictures of the upcoming scenes 15 days before it comes on screensmiley36 I also watch PS-2 (just in love with one of the pairs-superlative in terms of chemistry and acting and this us the first show for them and both are very young) in Vijay TV  which is an altogether a new story with new characters, there again we get spoiler pictures 15 days ahead of the actual scene. One good thing about Tamil shows is that we don’t have SBS/SBB so fans rely heavily on the weekly promos. The channel releases the first  promo on Sunday which will give us an idea what’s going to come in the week and the 2nd promo will be released on Wednesday for the next 3 episodes.

As for the pace and the storyline/tracks, I am happy with the way OG is going. Major frustration with the audience/fans is that Rohini’s truth is not revealed yet but if its revealed then Manoj-Rohini’s track will end. This show needs Manoj(older brother) else who will Muthu trollsmiley36 Also Muthu’s past is not revealed fully yet and why is Vijaya (mother) hates him.

Though I post here in this EDT  once or twice a week, I take my own time to catch up on the Hindi version’s episodes, don’t watch it diligently everyday but I cannot miss the episodes of the OG.

Lava07 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Yes priya fl in original acting in both tamil and malayalam versions 

Not only priya all cast of original serial actors done same schedule for 15 days. Original director takes other serial for first 15 days and remaining 15 days for original ,even after other serial ended still following same schedule( last 15 days for og).

Edited by Lava07 - 11 days ago
BadanPeSitaare thumbnail
Posted: 10 days ago

Today's episode has my heart.....

I Know yesterday's Sachin sailee and aashirvaad scene is etched in our hearts but today there were so many things to cherish.....their SR sequence had comedy and Sailee's inner turmoil was also showed.....also the scene where they both were sleeping sharing the bed was so cuteee....

The way Sailee chose to wake up Sachin has me ROFL smiley37

Also Sachin was clear about the one who makes mess will clean it up....smiley42

Hoping for more such subtle yet heart touching scenes in between upcoming saas bahu clash.

TakingAStand2 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 days ago

There was a comment on th thread about pacing which I totally agree with but this weeks episode has been really refreshing with lots of moments to keep the audiences hooked. 

baba wanting to push the wedding night was totally cringe and I agree with Renu abd Sailee, Sachin being an alcoholic does weigh down his good character which is hard to digest. Baba did not mention this at all. If anyone had gotten drunk avd then said the next day don’t repeat this to my parents… I’d be a bit shocked too. 

That said, Sailee and Sachu are going to be soul mates. They are both Gard working and super devoted to the people they love, and once they get to know each other, it’s going to be beautiful. 

Abd i love their little interactions— they have no pretended with each other, and man, how Sailee woke him up… hit him where it hurts. 😂😂😂 

BadanPeSitaare thumbnail
Posted: 9 days ago

Ohk so Domestic #Sachi is loveeeee...smiley42

The whole dining scene had my heart.....

Sachin calling Sailee was so cute 🥰

Also the way he was describing his SR to his friends with his adorable antics smiley27

Poor yet not poor Tejassmiley36

hobbit thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Is Sachin really gonna raise his hand on Sailee? smiley11

SAOkr thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: hobbit

Is Sachin really gonna raise his hand on Sailee? smiley11

who knows in tamil version after getting intoxicated muthu did try to raise a hand while arguing but didnt actually harm meena .they are copying the og line to line so it may happen . but then again it was never the story of sarvgun full on rich or egoistical male lead , it was more of lower middle class girl geetting married to somewhat alcholic but responsible muthu. and as story progress sachin will try to focus more on shortcomings and try to improve ,its that itv cliche. if i remember correctly in og now muthu has promised meena he will not drink ,its that arc...

Edited by SAOkr - 9 days ago