Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IWasHareeshFan thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 23 days ago

Originally posted by: Bodhianveshika

Isse achcha hain koi definitions nikal hi matt. We don't need to limit understanding under the boundaries of "isms".

Har kaam ki izzat honi chahiye phir woh ghar ka ho, Bahar ka ho, ya sanskaar ka ho. Waqt ke saath paribhashayein badalti hain.

Pehle ek ki kamayi se ghar chalta tha aur bhara pariwaar hota tha jise sambhalne ke liye mazboot stambh chahiye tha. Na stree purush ki jurisdiction me kadam rakhte the na purush stree ke. Dono hi ek doosre ke yogdaan ki qadr karte the.

Jaise shayad (for lack of better examples from the show) Leela-Hansmukh.

Kramenh yeh paristhitiya power dynamics me badal gayi aur purush provider se breadwinner banaya aur stree nurturer se carer. Power ki paribhasha earnings se equate hone lagi aur ego ne mutual understanding ko beat kar diya. Saanjhedaari ne distribution of labour ka roop leliya.

May be Vanraj-Anupama.

Isi dauran kahi, yeh samajh aagaya ki ek insaan ki kamayi se ghar sanskaar nahin chal sakta aur purush aur stree donon ko sanskaar ki pathri par chalna hoga. Kambhakt ego ne apni jade mazboot kar rakhi thi aur iska ek maatra vikalp tha, Stree ki kamayi aur occupation purush se kam waqt ki ho taki distribution of labour intact rahe.

Ab ka daur yeh hain ki purush aur stree dono hi sabal hain aur har koi atmanirbhar. Nahin bhi ho toh unhe khud ko sambhalne ke Kai zariye hain. Ab jab purush aur stree saath aate hain toh we jante hain ki sanjhedaari nibhayenge toh bache rahenge nahin toh donon ko hi bhugatna hoga.

Sorry par iss cheez ka iss show me koi udaharan na hain aur na ho sakta.

Exactly, the situation was different before, but it has changed now. Now, every woman who is working hard to improve herself and her family is a feminist, whether she is working at home or outside in a job/business.

In this show, there's no one whose example can be given, maybe Dolly Ben, but it has been so long since she left that I forgot how she was. From the first generation of YRKKH, Varsha was feminist, I mean if you extract traits and ignore thoda bohot as it is ITV, she had some. Then, when Naitik wasn't there and Akshara managed everything, we can call that feminism too. We'll have to ignore few doormat behaviour in ITV because who will be the perfect example in them, we don't know.

Wait, Anupama serial ke characters like to give examples of historical things, right? I also got few in my mind.

From Mahabharat, Draupadi, Subhadra, etc., they were feminists too. Draupadi raised her voice against the wrong done to her, she didn't silently endure everything. Subhadra, who raised her child in the absence of her husband, even raised Draupadi's children and didn't think about how she would manage without her husband, she was also a feminist.

Chitrangada, who was Arjun's wife, was also very skilled in war at that time, she managed her kingdom with her father, she was also a feminist.

I don't have much knowledge about this scripture, but Yashodhara Gautam Buddh's wife, was also a feminist, it is not easy even now to raise a kid for a single mom, people mock and taunt, but she did it, vo bhi kalyug mei, so unko bhi ye milna chahiye naa.

Sudha Murti ji is a feminist, Shakuntala devi was a feminist, Savittribai fulle (sorry for the wrong spelling) she was the first woman in India who raised her voice for education rights for women was a feminist.

Chef Garima Arora, first Indian woman to win a michelin star, not just 1, two stars which is a difficult thing, she is also a feminist.

so why to restrict our ideas about feminism

Also, one thing you notice in all these women, they have never cried for what has happened to them, life toh inki bhi difficult hi rahi hogi naa, problems toh inke saath bhi hui hogi naa, but they fought against everything and uske baad I have never seen them complaining ki how they were treated and all.

IWasHareeshFan thumbnail

Originally posted by: myviewprem

all these actors live in delusional world mostly 

far away from reality of life 

They start thinking they are that character only not a diff person 

Exactly there world is much much different from reality, that's why when they get the reality check it hits hard, really hard to them.

but you know what, somewhere we only are to be blamed for this, once we start liking a celeb we start treating them like a God and they start thinking that they are above everyone, they can say or do whatever they want.

Have you heard Aditya Narayan throwing someone's phone, look at the attitude even when he himself is not such a big celeb, I mean he has not done great singing work like his father, but see.

Now people are realizing ki kya support kar rahe the vo log, see the twtr posts, how angry people are.

How she defended this character Idk.

IWasHareeshFan thumbnail

Originally posted by: NiharikaMishra

Even the most regressive form of Sanskaar will compel a woman to serve abusive in-laws as long as she is married. Once divorced, she is a stranger. I really thank god that this post divorce friendliness is not being portrayed in any other religion, else it would have been blasphemous.

Secondly, going back to people who have time and again been proven abusive, dangerous and even criminal, not only to you but to others as well, and even enabling them, is not love. It's a very negative trait, there is no one word for it but it's a combination of denial (that her womb can never birth demons), fear of missing out (that what if the family actually starts comfortably living without her), and Munchausen syndrome by proxy (of harming your own self and any expendable people to look nice and get attention)

So sanskaar is definitely not her. Coming to feminism, a woman who can't do even one thing without threatening men, coaxing men, falling at the feet of men and marrying a man to get "opportunities" that would not have been given to any other woman or man otherwise, is not a feminist!!!

No real feminist will ever support Anupamaa, who has gotten opportunities simply because a guy is in love with her, or she is great at emotional blackmail specific to maternity, and then flouted them.

I remember back in the day when actresses who portrayed vamps were interviewed, they used to joke about how smart the character is, but also add a footnote that it is just fiction and their fans should not copy them because the characters are horrible people.

But when in Shahi-verse even villains are justifying themselves, then this woman is the apparent positive lead. And mostly the actors are puppets at the hand of production house and channel PR, so I doubt it's any of Rupali's own ideas.

Anupama has not earned to get whatever she got, bhai iske jaise log jis ghar mei honge that family is doomed from the beginning itself.

I don't know, but according to me if your in-laws is like lila toh leave them, why even serve them even during your marriage.

aur ye aaisi aurat hai jo divorce ke baad bhi unhi ke ghar jati rehti hai, I don't think any culture or  religion in this world supports this post divorce milna julna with your abusive ex in-laws, vaise toh isko baat baat par panick attacks aate hain, apne abusive family ko dekh kar isko kuch kaise nahi hota please explain me this first.

Bodhianveshika thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I may be wrong and it is only a personal opinion.

These days there is too much information available at our disposal. Good news, Happy news is just a footnote while melancholy and negativity takes the headlines. That is what sells.

When one is constantly fed with such news, it is, but natural to get affected and the mental equilibrium to be rippled.

I don't know may be actors who are not socially active or sparingly active, consciously avoid social media because there is already enough media attention in their lives, tend to be better off I guess, may be. Because while on one side they interact with people who will raise them like a balloon, on another side, their family and/or closest circle burst their bubble to keep a reality tab.

Would the actor have said responded similarly had she not been seeing the posts regularly? May be not.

IWasHareeshFan thumbnail

I may be wrong and it is only a personal opinion.

These days there is too much information available at our disposal. Good news, Happy news is just a footnote while melancholy and negativity takes the headlines. That is what sells.

When one is constantly fed with such news, it is, but natural to get affected and the mental equilibrium to be rippled.

I don't know may be actors who are not socially active or sparingly active, consciously avoid social media because there is already enough media attention in their lives, tend to be better off I guess, may be. Because while on one side they interact with people who will raise them like a balloon, on another side, their family and/or closest circle burst their bubble to keep a reality tab.

Would the actor have said responded similarly had she not been seeing the posts regularly? May be not.

May be you are right

but I want to understand this, why was she defending the character?

feminism kaa toh I get it, she did not mean it I guess, she used a wrong word.

This is a genuine question, I could not understand that's why I am asking.

Also, even if we leave everything, I heard someone saying on reddit that Rg was touching her husband's feet and making sure that it is visible in the camera. Why so?

Yes, it is true that I believe in traditions and culture, but I can very well differentiate that what is regressive which is being served in the name of tradition.

touching elders feet is OK, but husband is the life partner, if this is the case then even husband should do the same.

Also, its her choice whatever she wants to do, but camera mei dikha dikha ke karne kaa kya matlab?

What if a group gets influenced by this and start forcing their women to touch their husband kaa feet?

Bodhianveshika thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: IWasHareeshFan

May be you are right

Also, even if we leave everything, I heard someone saying on reddit that Rg was touching her husband's feet and making sure that it is visible in the camera. Why so?

Yes, it is true that I believe in traditions and culture, but I can very well differentiate that what is regressive which is being served in the name of tradition.

touching elders feet is OK, but husband is the life partner, if this is the case then even husband should do the same.

Also, its her choice whatever she wants to do, but camera mei dikha dikha ke karne kaa kya matlab?

What if a group gets influenced by this and start forcing their women to touch their husband kaa feet?

The music aside, we have ALL loved "Aapki nazaron ne samjha pyaar ke qabil mujhe" or " Tere Dil me meri saanson ko panaah mil jaaye". About Feminism, dekhiye, mujhe "isms" samajh nahin aate toh main door hi sahi in terminology se.

Defend ka toh aisa hain, everyone defends their work. Achcha ho bura ho. Loyalty ka sawaal hn. Can't remember any actor quoting the role as "my role was badly written" or "the role was wrong".

They might say years later, without quoting the role that I did a show, movie out of desperation or only for the money. Although back then, they would have promoted the show or movie.

About touching a spouse's feet. I have no opinion on it. May be, he is the elder, senior one and she is taking his wishes as such.

Isme fault media ka bhi hain na. If you do Not give it any importance, woh important hoga bhi nahin and the actor will learn a lesson. She put the bait and the media fell for it 🤷🏻‍♀️🤨.

About influencing society. Ab kya karein? We are talking about a show called Anupama, khud hi samajh jaao. Concepts saare hi itne skewed hain, kaha se shuru karein? Khair.

Edited by Bodhianveshika - 23 days ago
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Harish111

Agreed, generalizing anything or any region is wrong, I am in Bangalore, one of the most progressive cities for women in India and its in the south.

America is extremely sexist towards older women. They support women only till they are young and pretty. They hate older women. And now with rise of right wing hate women are losing more and more rights. 

Hmm you must check the US It companies - its mostly mens club 

If you think indian board room is male dominated So is US silicon valley board rooms 

Many think why should we listen to this woman? We know more - its like facing 50 vanraj shahs at same time in a room 

Indian It company also very similar too - its highly patriarchal and male chauvinistic by nature 

In such an atmosphere without any education any experience nothing anupama became BOD of kapadiya empire with 100% shares and she instead of being thankful misused anuj's goodness 

Who in this show truly deserves to own a company? Kinjal may be as shes MBA and Barkha too may be or Kavya as educated Rakhi already is owner of company institute 

In anuj own house Malvika his sister is there his bhabhi barkha is there who are highly educated can understand company work as they studied all that for years to get degrees so anuj just handing her kapadiya empire 100% shares to anupama without any education experience or effort is slap on all educated woman who sturggle years yet cannot even reach like Vice President post in companies as its usually a male club 

Is that empowerment by any ways? 

Edited by myviewprem - 23 days ago
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: IWasHareeshFan

May be you are right

Why did she touch hubby feet in public was it karwa chauth day? 

If you want to take hubby blessing take it in private in your home than come out 

Why would any woman do such things in public? I mean if you touch your parent/grandparent feet after receiving an award its fine but hubby for what? And that too in front of cameras 

The real issue is already women are being compared to everyone now if anupam ais so widely watched and can influence others than may be hubbys will want other wives to copy RG in public (or hubby parents may ask) 

What is feminism and whose feminist? A woman who breaks glass ceiling anywhere against old norms is a feminist and is empowering others 

example - kamal harris becoming first US Vp is empowerment, indira gandhi becoming PM as wmen or kalpana chawla going to space is empowerment, savitri pulle opening school is empowerment, the first CEO of a company whose woman is empowerment, biocon chief kiran mazumdhar shaw is empowerment, lalitha who was first engineer india is empowerment etc all these ppl did something no one did before in life and inspired others these aare woman we call woman empowerment when no one ever took that degree or post they decided we will study that or become that post. Imagine what sort of effort and resistance they all faced in life and what they all lost in life to reach that post 

Edited by myviewprem - 23 days ago
IWasHareeshFan thumbnail

About touching a spouse's feet. I have no opinion on it. May be, he is the elder, senior one and she is taking his wishes as such.

Isme fault media ka bhi hain na. If you do Not give it any importance, woh important hoga bhi nahin and the actor will learn a lesson. She put the bait and the media fell for it 🤷🏻‍♀️🤨.

About influencing society. Ab kya karein? We are talking about a show called Anupama, khud hi samajh jaao. Concepts saare hi itne skewed hain, kaha se shuru karein? Khair.

pehle ke zamane mei toh bohot bade bade age ke husband hote the, almost 10-15 years kaa bhi gap hota tha, toh may be feet touch karte honge, but aaj ke zamane mei bhi.

Again, I am making a mistake here, I myself said that we should not judge people, but I am doing the same, but kuch cheezen thodi zyada ho jati hain naa.

I saw a video in which a young girl was washing her husband kaa feet and then drinking the same water, first I could not believe ki aaj bhi ye karte hain log, but then I again saw that video, the most surprising thing was that she is a young girl, ab ye toh thoda zyada hogaya naa

I think they were doing it for the video purpose, but this is too much, do they even realize that people get influenced by watching all this, content aur views keliye log kuch bhi kar rahe hain.

Wait, let me share that here.

No need to watch the entire thing, just watch first kaa 1-2 mins

https://youtu.be/6_s0sOUIIGk?si=NV4Vy_GolBgN98vS

IWasHareeshFan thumbnail

Originally posted by: myviewprem

Hmm you must check the US It companies - its mostly mens club 

If you think indian board room is male dominated So is US silicon valley board rooms 

Many think why should we listen to this woman? We know more - its like facing 50 vanraj shahs at same time in a room 

Who in this show truly deserves to own a company? Kinjal may be as shes MBA and Barkha too may be or Kavya as educated Rakhi already is owner of company institute 

In anuj own house Malvika his sister is there his bhabhi barkha is there who are highly educated can understand company work as they studied all that for years to get degrees so anuj just handing her kapadiya empire 100% shares to anupama without any education experience or effort is slap on all educated woman who sturggle years yet cannot even reach like Vice President post in companies as its usually a male club 

Is that empowerment by any ways? 

sach mei?  I mean India kaa toh people talk, but I have never heard people saying that America too has this women kaa issue?  I thought that since no one talks about it toh vahan par women may be getting every rights, I came to know something new

Genuinely speaking, no sarcasm, I was really not aware, research karni padegi.

naa naa, don't give anything to kinjal, vo sab kuch Shahs ko de degi, tbh she literally got every opportunity to go away from Shah's, but she chose, her mother struggled because she had no other option but to live with a cheater husband because the society was different at that time. However now at least Kinjal ki mom is rich, she was willing to give her everything, aajati naa Pari ko le kar. Yes, adultry is not a crime any more, but it is still a ground for divorce.

Kavya kaa I can understand, she left her ex husband for vanraj, itna hangama hua, phir she married vanraj, vanraj started emotionally cheating her and then she could not think ki isko chodun ki nahi because you know people will say ki iska toh kahin bhi nahi chalta hai.

But then she did something jo usko nahi karna chahiye tha, although I was happy ki finally karma hits back, but justify nahi kar sakte isko, she too did EMA with anirud, ab uske saath jab baby ho hi gaya tha toh tabhi kyun nahi choda vanraj ko mujhe ye nahi samajh aaya? ab naa ye idhar ki hai, naa udhar ki.

Barkha, uff, I really feel bad for that lady, we all say ki what she did, but bhai jiska husband aaisa nikamma ho, upar se naa khud kuch kaam karta ho aur naa apni wife ko karne deta ho, jiska devar, (anuj) aaisa ho jisko apni bhabhi ki koi izzat nahi hai, uska kya hi hoga naa, she was  doing wrong, but Shah se toh bohot better thi, if shahs can be forgiven then why can't she be?

Also, iss show mei jitne bhi jobless aadmi hote hain unme himmat kaise aati hai EMA ki?  I mean unko realize nahi hota kya ki ek family nahi sambhal rahi hai, 2 kahan se sambhalenge? Barkha kaa husband was pro in this, EMA toh chodo he even did a baccha, aur usko apne bhai ke ghar mei le aaya vo bhi apni wife ke saath rakhne keliye.

Empowerment kaa toh mat boliye, empowerment must be crying in the corner, anupama agar empowered hai toh mai bhi facebook ki CEO hoon.