Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Posted: 10 days ago
infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Nishita123

Vidya and RK in a movie would be a treat to watch smiley20

For sure, they would also make an interesting pairing! I still remember his amazing chemistry with Konkona!

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3
Gosh I simply love this song! Always puts me in a good mood smiley36

Witchofthewest thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Critique Crusaders

Movie was okayish. The fact is that it was successful. So as long as its minting money all is okay for everyone involved in the making.smiley29

rckRadhe thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: Witchofthewest

Movie was okayish. The fact is that it was successful. So as long as its minting money all is okay for everyone involved in the making.smiley29

That's the case with all movies ... Isn't it? smiley4

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Quoting the first lines of the article:

"In the world of journalism, it takes great courage to wield the pen and write explosive articles, especially when the repercussions may extend to one's career, potentially bringing it to an abrupt end. However, the imperative to unveil the truth often supersedes the fear of consequences."

The rest has nothing to do with any "courage" or "explosive" and "unveil the truth"...it's nothing than statements without giving names...just making - again - readers  a s s u m e  which movies in 2023 did what.

Imo, a shady practice to get readers and stir the pot (or the fire).

Also the Vanga duo is - hypocritically - doing nothing else than spout accusations without getting precise (and possibly lying through their teeth relative to the own movie).

Komal Natha speaks in Hindi, so what he tells is lost to me (although I don't think that this is a loss...).

Edited by Clochette - 10 days ago
rckRadhe thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

This booking-game may be an actual practice, but to what percentage?

It would be understood that ALL the big name Bollywood celebrities would be aware of it. The ultimate question is; Could this practice really surpass the natural demand of the cinema audiences? 

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Merko yaad hai nepotism ke debate ke time pe apan (unpleasantly) shock huwela tha jab Balan ekdum nonchalantly nepotism ke support mein boli. Zeitgeist jaye g$$$ maraane, usku jo bolnay woh bolti hai.

Toh abhi feminist log danda leke khade hain ("we are watching you if you like Animal movie"), lekin Vidya apni bindhaast hai. Koi dar nahin. smiley27

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: rckRadhe

This booking-game may be an actual practice, but to what percentage?

It would be understood that ALL the big name Bollywood celebrities would be aware of it. The ultimate question is; Could this practice really surpass the natural demand of the cinema audiences

bold: Logic tells that not...that would only make sense for either a movie with a (pretended?) low budget one want to make a success or on the opening day (and maybe during some working days after the weekend) to give a flattering impression relative to the reception.

Anyways, it would - I think - only be done in the domestic market...the overseas success may not get touched by this tactic.

So, basically, one has to look at the movies that did not well in the biggest overseas markets but tried to do - at least - decently well (if not very good) in the domestic market (for Hindi movies the Hindi belt, for South movies the respective audience) and where the public acceptance doesn't really match.

What I found intriguing was the fact that Salaar used the booking of complete theatres in early morning shows (done with cash or only on paper) where no screening happened and no audience attended in the Hindi belt (for the Hindi version)...that was just stupid when clashing with an SRK-movie.

Anyways, paying cash for booking a whole theatre (or even several theatres through a certain time) is a good way to wash money...and Bushan (T-Series) - to me - belongs to those of whom I think would do that (own money or that of someone else).

Edited by Clochette - 10 days ago