Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail

Rajasthan Royals

Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: Swetha-Sai

Iโ€™m sorry if I came across as rude. 

Itโ€™s just that we didnโ€™t get a Banner contest here in Sports forum and hence I asked.
I wanted to be able to choose a Banner.. 

In the Sports and Cricket forum, we successfully conducted a banner contest. Similarly, if the captains' names are revealed before the commencement of the IPL matches, we prefer to conduct a banner contest, for the next year.  

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Sundar banner Parm! smiley42

Nostalgia-02 thumbnail

Amazing Banner Parm smiley32

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Kolkata Knight Riders

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

In the Sports and Cricket forum, we successfully conducted a banner contest. Similarly, if the captains' names are revealed before the commencement of the IPL matches, we prefer to conduct a banner contest, for the next year.  

The captains are always gonna be revealed shortly before the competition, due to new auctions & trades.  So it's okay to have the contest even if the tournament has started, and quickly get it done so that it can get used

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Royal Challengers Bengaluru

Posted: 23 days ago

Originally posted by: Vr15h

The captains are always gonna be revealed shortly before the competition, due to new auctions & trades.  So it's okay to have the contest even if the tournament has started, and quickly get it done so that it can get used

Yes.. 

You are not a Mod here so the opinion of having a Banner Contest will not suit the Mods here.. 

I think the same will happen in other forums also so that only few people get to make Banners and win it without any contest.. 

Way to help selectively certain peopleโ€™s talents without allowing general public to participate by holding a Banner Contest 

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Kolkata Knight Riders

Posted: 22 days ago

Originally posted by: Swetha-Sai

Yes.. 

You are not a Mod here so the opinion of having a Banner Contest will not suit the Mods here.. 

I think the same will happen in other forums also so that only few people get to make Banners and win it without any contest.. 

Way to help selectively certain peopleโ€™s talents without allowing general public to participate by holding a Banner Contest 

W/ all due respect, that's a bizarre observation.  As someone who has in the past organized a handful of banner contests, it helps to have more time to get all the entries, & then have the multiple rounds of polling.  Out here, that window is incredibly shrunk, due to the last minute trades that happen, including the last minute changes in captaincy

I know that contestants would have liked to have participated in a banner contest.  If following the auctions, every squad's captain is immediately known, that would be a good time to start such a process.  But it couldn't happen this year, thanks to the last minute captaincy change for MI