Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JustRandomGirl thumbnail
Posted: a month ago

Originally posted by: manny136

I came across their first season scenes on youtube someone had put eng subs for it too lol Though I used to speak turkish as a kid the subs did help lol I tried watching those historical shows about the Ottomans but you know all of them are gonna get whacked in the end lol good luck with kosems ending lol yes halit and his wife were the parents, their story was too angsty for me like for being parents of grown kids they were so annoying sometimes lol

Miray and Boran did a webseries later but currently boran came in an amazon movie based on the book that created that ask e memnu show that made beren saat famous. Miray is in a mafia show its gonna have a second season. I sometimes watch its clips. 

Currently I am watching a show about two lawyers called Yargi ( the judgement) which is amazing. It even won an international emmy. Another show I watch for a couple is Yabani I like the secondary couple in that, its more like a family drama with young people all connected to one guy who is the main lead. 

Wow you know Turkish. Honestly I watched the MC series in 2x speed smiley37 The episodes are way too long but the story is interesting. Honestly I loved the first season of Kosem, but the second season is equally terrible smiley37 that’s why I m taking quite some time to watch the episodes! Only Sultan Murad and old Kosem was the saving grace in the later season. But since its just a few epi left thats why I dont want to leave it unfinished smiley36 Even the OG MC series started losing its charm from the 3rd season. 

I did some research on Miray and Boran’s shows, and apparently they worked in 3 shows together! I am not that interested in that Saygi show for some reason. 

I wish Miray was in Kosem show too smiley36 I was mad that Mustafa in Kosem didnt have any love interest smiley37 his character was interesting! My fav was Ahmet and Iskender though. In MC I loved Sehzade Mustafa, and Nurbanu (but couldnt tolerate her in the end). 

Apparently this Turkish actress named Hande Ercel seems to be quite famous these days. She even came to India. I wonder which show of hers is good. Beren is quite famous, but I dont get why, I didnt like her acting that much in Kosem(especially the sad scenes) except the later episodes smiley36 Infact I loved Ahmet’s chemistry with Anastasia compared to Kosem.

Edited by JustRandomGirl - a month ago
manny136 thumbnail
Posted: 29 days ago

Originally posted by: JustRandomGirl

Wow you know Turkish. Honestly I watched the MC series in 2x speed smiley37 The episodes are way too long but the story is interesting. Honestly I loved the first season of Kosem, but the second season is equally terrible smiley37 that’s why I m taking quite some time to watch the episodes! Only Sultan Murad and old Kosem was the saving grace in the later season. But since its just a few epi left thats why I dont want to leave it unfinished smiley36 Even the OG MC series started losing its charm from the 3rd season. 

I did some research on Miray and Boran’s shows, and apparently they worked in 3 shows together! I am not that interested in that Saygi show for some reason. 

I wish Miray was in Kosem show too smiley36 I was mad that Mustafa in Kosem didnt have any love interest smiley37 his character was interesting! My fav was Ahmet and Iskender though. In MC I loved Sehzade Mustafa, and Nurbanu (but couldnt tolerate her in the end). 

Apparently this Turkish actress named Hande Ercel seems to be quite famous these days. She even came to India. I wonder which show of hers is good. Beren is quite famous, but I dont get why, I didnt like her acting that much in Kosem(especially the sad scenes) except the later episodes smiley36 Infact I loved Ahmet’s chemistry with Anastasia compared to Kosem.

Ottomam history based shows are very predictable coz basically all die and one remains ruling in the end lol Kosem was good initially but as the kids increased and leaps happened it just dragged on and the real story based on this is as freaky lol It didn't watch MC but my mom did and she loved the character of hurem sultan lol I lived in turkey so i know a bit about the history of these sultans but boy it was insane and messy.

Yeah miray and boran have done more than one show which is rare but wounded love was the best one. poor mustafa his life was ruined since he was a child coz these sultans were insecure fools who wouldnt even spare their own family. Any character you liked their fate was most likely to be bad in the end lol

Yes hande is very popular she was in this rom com type show with burak they were very popular ask laftan something lol I didn't watch it though. Her next show with kerem bursin was even more popular sen cal kapimi it think one time it broke the twitter/X  tag trend record of game of thrones. The even dated in real life but broke up after the show ended lol she recently did this crime thriller show with burak again. It ended a few months back. Hande is one of the top actresses of turkey at the moment.

Beren got very famous due to fatmagul show and of course ask e memnu lol but she had chemistry with her male coactors but in kosem coz she was a replacement they didnt properly build any and they just showed them as a couple popping kids all the time lol the actor has better chem with his other costars in his other shows.

JustRandomGirl thumbnail
Posted: 29 days ago

Originally posted by: manny136

Ottomam history based shows are very predictable coz basically all die and one remains ruling in the end lol Kosem was good initially but as the kids increased and leaps happened it just dragged on and the real story based on this is as freaky lol It didn't watch MC but my mom did and she loved the character of hurem sultan lol I lived in turkey so i know a bit about the history of these sultans but boy it was insane and messy.

Yeah miray and boran have done more than one show which is rare but wounded love was the best one. poor mustafa his life was ruined since he was a child coz these sultans were insecure fools who wouldnt even spare their own family. Any character you liked their fate was most likely to be bad in the end lol

Yes hande is very popular she was in this rom com type show with burak they were very popular ask laftan something lol I didn't watch it though. Her next show with kerem bursin was even more popular sen cal kapimi it think one time it broke the twitter/X  tag trend record of game of thrones. The even dated in real life but broke up after the show ended lol she recently did this crime thriller show with burak again. It ended a few months back. Hande is one of the top actresses of turkey at the moment.

Beren got very famous due to fatmagul show and of course ask e memnu lol but she had chemistry with her male coactors but in kosem coz she was a replacement they didnt properly build any and they just showed them as a couple popping kids all the time lol the actor has better chem with his other costars in his other shows.

honestly i had no intentions to watch these historial shows, i never watched for other languages also. but somehow i came across some clips of magnificent century and got interested smiley37 i used to watch hindi shows but i stopped watching them since 2022 as they got terrible, even in 2020s i only watched 1 or 2. yeah i agree the ottoman history is so messed up lol. the fraticide rule is ridiculous. and then i think it was sultan ahmed who scrapped off that rule and then the rule where sehzades would get confined in a room so that they dont fight. that is messed up too, as it affects them mentally and then cause of the mental issues, they are not able to rule properly which is what happened to sultan mustafa and sultan ibrahim.

The MC series they showed some real facts but some were made up too for the sake of the drama.  i really wanna visit turkey one day. wanna visit the mosque, and the bazaar and ofc if i can the topkapi palace hahaha.

in kosem  the reason i liked sultan ahmed character a lot in the show was cause he showed some guts to spare his younger brother mustafa’s life. but locking him up was a bad decision.  in the entire MC series including its spinoff, the best chemistry is of suleiman and hurrem, the second best was nowhere near maybe hatice and ibrahim lol. 

in kosem i only liked ahmed and anastasia and somewhat murad and farya’s(but not the character) chemistry.

i know the story of fatmagul a bit, but its too traumatic for me to watch, so i wont give it a try. beren is pretty though, i like her, but her acting in kosem didnt live up to expectations in the first few epi. i read somewhere beren was suppose to be there from epi 20, which is like after the leap, no wonder she was more convincing in those episodes. i liked her bonding with osman in the show and their scenes, i felt so bad when their bonding got ruined. especially when osman killed kosem’s real son, beren’s acting was so powerful there. i recently came across a clip of the osman actor’s show , some medical drama i think. that looks interesting too, but i already have 3-4 turkish dramas i wanna watch firstsmiley37

Edited by JustRandomGirl - 29 days ago
manny136 thumbnail
Posted: 28 days ago

Originally posted by: JustRandomGirl

honestly i had no intentions to watch these historial shows, i never watched for other languages also. but somehow i came across some clips of magnificent century and got interested smiley37 i used to watch hindi shows but i stopped watching them since 2022 as they got terrible, even in 2020s i only watched 1 or 2. yeah i agree the ottoman history is so messed up lol. the fraticide rule is ridiculous. and then i think it was sultan ahmed who scrapped off that rule and then the rule where sehzades would get confined in a room so that they dont fight. that is messed up too, as it affects them mentally and then cause of the mental issues, they are not able to rule properly which is what happened to sultan mustafa and sultan ibrahim.

The MC series they showed some real facts but some were made up too for the sake of the drama.  i really wanna visit turkey one day. wanna visit the mosque, and the bazaar and ofc if i can the topkapi palace hahaha.

in kosem  the reason i liked sultan ahmed character a lot in the show was cause he showed some guts to spare his younger brother mustafa’s life. but locking him up was a bad decision.  in the entire MC series including its spinoff, the best chemistry is of suleiman and hurrem, the second best was nowhere near maybe hatice and ibrahim lol. 

in kosem i only liked ahmed and anastasia and somewhat murad and farya’s(but not the character) chemistry.

i know the story of fatmagul a bit, but its too traumatic for me to watch, so i wont give it a try. beren is pretty though, i like her, but her acting in kosem didnt live up to expectations in the first few epi. i read somewhere beren was suppose to be there from epi 20, which is like after the leap, no wonder she was more convincing in those episodes. i liked her bonding with osman in the show and their scenes, i felt so bad when their bonding got ruined. especially when osman killed kosem’s real son, beren’s acting was so powerful there. i recently came across a clip of the osman actor’s show , some medical drama i think. that looks interesting too, but i already have 3-4 turkish dramas i wanna watch firstsmiley37

Yes desi shows have been pretty bad these lately I see some clips here and there now and its all the same crap lol Ottoman history is crazy coz if you see the other historical shows pre ottoman era they seem much more about brotherhood and family and loyalty lol I guess the more power they got and also too many wives and children created this unhealthy politics within the family. Shipping is also weird in these shows coz the guy is literally with several women lol

Yes fatagul is a very triggering show especially the first season then they really dragged it after the bad guys were exposed. Beren was good in some parts of kosem and some parts blah. Yes her bond with osman was lovely till the fool killed his own brother, that scene was gut wrenching beren did very well. Yes osman actor was in this show miracle doctor which is based on the american show the good doctor so if you want to watch the original lol recently there is a new korean remake of dr. cho called bahar its the big hit of the season about a woman who nearly dies and then decides to pursue her medical internship which she gave up coz she got married and had her son. Both her cheating husband and son are doctors and there is another doctor i think who will become her love interest in the future lol