Actors/Characters - My Opinion (All Gens)

Posted: 1 months ago

Before I start with my analysis, I just wanna be clear that I'll be talking about the Actors and their performances too, not just the characters. I hope that is not against the Code of Conduct. However, I will make sure that I put forth my opinion respectfully, without offending any fandom.

Starting with Gen 1, I haven't watched even one bit of it, though I've heard that it was probably the one generation of the show that wasn't toxic. I'd like to know more about it though. Also, let me know if it's worth watching.

Now, Gen 2 - I haven't followed Gen 2 much, but I have watched quite a few scenes and episodes. So, about the main leads,  Shivangi Joshi was the best part about it! She was great at emoting in most scenes and also had great emotional availability. I find her to be quite a natural on-screen. Mohsin on the other hand, was really good at those breezy romantic scenes and wholesome moments, but personally I felt that he fell short while displaying intense emotions - anger, rage, sorrow, etc. And I think that his chemistry with Shivangi was top-notch!

Coming to Gen 3 - this is the generation that I have actually followed the most, so I do know quite a bit about it. What drew me to this season was definitely Harshad Chopda. I personally think that he's one of the most natural actors in ITV. So, Harshad as Abhimanyu Birla was what made Gen 3 memorable and worth watching for me at first. Pranali as Akshara at the beginning, was beautiful as Akshara, but her acting fell short in a lot of places. But, as the episodes passed, I think that she improved tremendously as an actress. Also, her chemistry with Harshad was just sizzling! I don't personally think much of Karishma Sawant as an actress, but I think her acting improved post leap and emotional scenes were at least believable. Coming to Jai Soni as Abhinav, I felt that he had great emotional availability on screen too. But, when it came to the chemistry between him and Akshara, though I did enjoy their dynamics as a family with Abhir, I didn't see much chemistry between Jai and Pranali (I admit that I might be biased thoughsmiley43). 

Now finally, Gen 4, I think this is the most disappointing season in terms of casting. Please don't come at me for this. Samruddhi is a really good actress and she's the only one among the main leads that has the most emotional availability. When Shehzada was Armaan, he didn't even do the bare minimum as an actor in the beginning. It was like, he wasn't even trying - be it romantic scenes or emotional ones. And the same went to Pratiksha as well. The only time I felt that Shehzada emoted at all was when Abhira was kidnapped by Yuvraj. And just as he was showing signs of improvement, he was removed. 

Talking about the new Armaan and Ruhi, they have better emotional availability and screen presence compared to their previous counterparts, but they still have a long way to go. Rohit seems to be at his emotional scenes or tashan wala scenes, but his romantic scenes with Abhira have no bite. And Garvita, though she's miles better than Pratiksha, I feel like she does a bit too much with her emotional scenes at times, that she goes from acting to overacting.

So, these are my two cents. Let me know if you guys agree or disagree. If there's anything that I've said which offends anyone, I apologise. I've tried putting forth my views most respectfully, and I'd like for people to agree/disagree respectfully too. 

This post is not intended towards creating rift between fandoms.

Love,

Niya

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Winnertakesital thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I shall  start with my opinions  begining with 4th generation.

Samriddhi as Abhira fits the bill since writers wanted to show a fiery Ms. Bridget Jones. No expectations of perfection from Ms.Sharma as she attracts trouble without any effort and offers solutions in a very bizzare manner. That's  my take.

Coming to Armaan I wonder why Shivam wasn't  appointed or selected instead of Shehzada as the second did not really prove himself in his earlier shows but I had to take back my words as Shehzada became the perfect man wife to Abhira, toffeeman etc, he started growing a spine. 

2nd Armaan on the whole is okay, he is trying to add his own style. A huge minus point between first and second is the emotional connect, with Rohit as an actor, Abhira is a responsibility whereas Shehzada had a proper built up from zimmedari to friendship to a visible mutual dependency.

Gravita is preparing Ruhi to be another Paki didi lite.

Supporting cast actors are quite good. Personally feel Vineet Raina wasted his potential here.

3rd generation 

Harshad and Pranali looked better off screen than on screen thanks to styling, costumes, character arc etc. I liked Harshad post leap, his scenes with Hera and Shreyansh or for that matter Jai. Fans used to tell he's kind of lifeless but that's how Abhimanyu Birla's life turned out to be after his brother died. I never liked the chemistry there was no proper development.

Vinay Jain, a brilliant actor was robbed of a performance. His on screen wife Ami Trivedi filled up the space IMO.

Jai Soni brought the comic element needed bcos Yrkkh turned dark at some point  Later the emotional instability  took a toll, I stopped watching.

Dark horses came as pleasant surprise in the form of Abhir and Ruhi, those child actors were simply amazing. 

I personally believe Sachin Tyagi, Mayank, Swati ma'am were given a raw deal by the creatives. They were robots most of the time. 

KS did well during the second half.

In a nutshell 3rd generation never belonged to the legacy. The story was all about the DDP of Abhimanyu and Akshara.

2nd generation 

Game changers were Shivangi and Mohsin. I understand Mr. Shahi wanted Naksh to be in the fore front than Naira, well Kaira made history.

1st generation 

A blockbuster

I mean Hina and Karan just went with the flow. They were as real as they could be. I liked everyone from the cast including the kids. My best track was the SA one. Sweet memories and they are gold to me like TMKOC old episodes 

bajarbattu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Generation 1

I loved the serial till Akshara's marriage to Naitik. And I especially loved the bond she had with Varsha and her brother Shaurya. But I watched it only till their marriage. Then when it became a saas bahu drama with Munna's mother and Bhabhi maa thrown in.... I got bored. 

But I came back to yrkkh when they came back from SA, because my father used to watch the serial everyday... and it was our bonding time in the night, so i ended up watching that track. I still have fond memories of my father going gaga over that scene of Akshara blaming Bhabhima for separating her children from her and having to go off to SA again. She was bloody good there! And so much in the character of Akshara. Loved Hina during that phase of YRKKH, 

Generation 2  smiley43smiley42smiley32

LOved. Loved. Loved.... Gen 2. Kaira were EVERYTHING!
Mohsin and Shivangi rocked it like nobody's business. Whatever their story, however it went, they were too good as Naira and Kartik. 

The highlights of Gen 2 were their mutual tropes - Kartik's HAAAAYE and Naira's blinking of her eyes (kittu used to tell her, ab yeh to pls mat karna), table ke under ka romance, sherni ki dahaad and mendhak ki tartar, Naira's fulfilment of all of Kartik's wishes, these two were LOVE GOALS... 

For me Gen 2 was the bestest, till they killed Naira and brought in Sirat. If they would have shown Sirat having amnesia and she would have turned out to be Naira in the end, KAIRA would have lasted much longer IMHO. 

But I stopped watching after Sirat came into being. The story went downhill after that. 

Generation 3

For me Gen 3 went downhill when they made Abhimanyu's mother a villain in Abhira story. I am not at all a HC fan. For me he didn't match Mohsin's energy as a ML. 

And the fact that Gen 3 ended in less than two years tells you what a warped story was being told. 

Generation 4:

Frankly I was not going to watch it.......... But I was hooked from the episode in which I saw Yuvraj coming to Abhira's resort with Gas cylinders. I actually started watching then, and I was hooked by the story. I haven't missed a single episode since then. 

I can safely say I am addicted smiley39 I have to get my morning dose of yrkkh on hotstar, and If I dont get it my mind wanders away from work too many times during the day. 

I found Armaan 1.0 okay at first, but he grew up on me. I feel Shehzada's best performance was on his last day, where he for the first time sunao's Ruhi over her taunting ways and supports Abhira unconditionally. Unfortunately he had already been sacked by then. 

Armaan 2.0 has taken time to slip into the skin of Armaan but he is getting there. He is doing his own thing with Armaan and I am kinda liking it. Even his styling has improved this last week. I love how they are actually developing his behavioural nuances. Like him standing in front of the mirror and spraying himself with a rain of DEO. Him touching his hair and talking in vain about how he goes in the dreams of all girls from Udaipur. 

And today was so endearing, when he spread his arms and beckoned Abhira to come into his arms so he could give her a hug. I love watching RP trying to make changes in the way he is behaving with Abhira - like he has this way of blinking at her when he is trying to understand her very goodness. I also love how they are now giving him dialogues with Dadisa and Fufasa, where he comes out as the biggest supporter of Abhira in PH. Armaan 2.0 is doing a good job. 

Abhira ............ she is second Naira, but with a little difference. She is not a sherni, but she has a whole lot of joyful goodness about her. She is jugadoo mischievous and kind hearted. The biggest difference between her and Naira is that Naira went out of the way for both families and especially Kartik's family because she loved Kartik from the very beginning. But Abhira did not have that advantage, yet even then she did everything she could for her temporary in laws. It took Naira so many years to make her place in her inlaws hearts. But Abhira has done it in very few months. Chorus party, Manisha Chachi, Madhav and Vidya and Armaan all have become very fond of her in matter of months 

So for me......... Gen 2 and Gen 4 are the best, in that order. 

-
much love, light and laughter,
Battu. 

Edited by bajarbattu - 1 months ago
KajalRai21 thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail

Team Abhira (Gen 4)

Its look like i am the only one who watched each and every episode of Yrkkh from the very beginning to till newest episode without missing. 

I will also do the analysis i mean why not 😁😁😁😁😁

Gen 1

You know we hit the jackpot when it started. I don't remember everything but my most favourite track was of Antara and Bindiya. Everytime i watch it i get so much excited.

Akshara character and Hina character is actually poles apart i have seens some of Hina interview on YouTube at rishta times. Hina did a tremendous job while playing Akshara that it left remarkable affect in people in Hina world her name has engraved in History with Golden words. But when now i watch her episodes of Rishta beginning you will see her overacting in emotional scenes she get shitless scared even at flinch of voices and to say she was a jolly girl before marriage is something off for me but after sometime you can see she indeed improved alot. About the story for me Rajan literally squeezed out every shade of Akshara even her mother in law phase as well with Tara before he introduced Generation leap.

Gen 2

Oh my favourite Kaira was indeed unique at that time why when everyone was introducing love triangle, or love at first sight (yaa they were already present but he choose this over anything) Rajan thought to introduce hate to love relationship. We have to admit hate to love story never go out of trend i still love those books which has same thing in that. For Rajan it succeds Shivangi as Naira can actually make me feel goosebumps with her emotions. I have literally shed tears whenever she cried on screen that why we all love Naira and she stays in our heart. Mohsin on the other hand you know i have watched his one of episode of PTKK on zing just before he was introduced as Kartik and i really enjoyed his banter with Naira yaa i feel him bit stiff like something is missing whenever he was showing his anger in the start but buddy he aced his emotional scenes. The story was successful cause they never ignored the family members. They have shown every member story and they actually took one thing at a time like i remember that first they used Naira to reduce distance between Kartik and Family then akshara death secret then Aditya violence. Koi bhi track confusing nahi tha that in which they actually trying to focus.

My fav was Suhana track bus puchna mat kyu

Gen 3

Harshad and Pranali aka Abhimanyu and Akshara you know when this story started i had many hopes from this ki is story ko bhi baki do story jaise unique karenge kuch hatke and they will create a magic that people will love everything about this story but jaisa sochaa vaisa hua nahi. Harshad and Pranali were fantastic no doubt on that cause both were experienced in the industry ofcourse with different timeline. But what actually cause the failure of this gen that they changed the write in the middle of the story. Ek ne kis prospect se twist introduce kiya hai ye baat dusra nahi janta hoga na. Without knowing anything he jumbled up the story causing it to be messy and chaotic. Anyway Karishma as Aarohi was excellent we have to accept that (ignore the fact that she was new did improved) can't deny the truth. 

My fav track here was Khera track but they didn't execute it well enough i had high hopes from this.

Gen 4

Abhi toh kahani dhang se shuru nahi hui toh mera koi fav track nahi hain. 

Pratiksha is beautiful but her face suits with a sweet innocent bubbly girl not like a girl who shout and screech cause it just pierce in you ears. And on top of that her delivery with dialogue pulled her more down. Shah i won't comment on this except for one thing that Shahrukh got this attitude when he is renowned in all over the world as Badshah but he never disrespected anyone( About fans then dude i am not supporting but celebs do have personal life and sometimes its not good to go near them. ) toh aap kis khet ki muli hain. Rohit and Garvita is not foreign faces for me i have seen there work and preety much confident that after few days there will be improvement and did i proved right. I sure did. About Sam then I'll say in less budget Shahi hit the jackpot and he is cashing it now

I just have one request please give Abhira some clothes which show that she is around 22 not around 52.