Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: Lostsoul11

Bebo's stardom is responsible for the good opening. But shameless Sanon's PR will definitely try to take credit for the opening smiley29 Songs worked well too. TBMAUJ was completely hit because songs were able to generate hype. Both Shahid & Sanon are stardomless.

smiley37

Did I say something wrong??

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

No No

I just found it very funny and witty

_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Yeah happy for her!! I guess kartik aryan kiara advani and her are single handedly proving that one outsider is sometimes better than 4-5 nepo kids put together. 

I really like her… she was good in Bareilly ki barfi, mimi, TBMAUJ, crew and even looks promising in do patti. 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

Originally posted by: Clochette

I'm always grinning about the way some names are written...smiley4

Is it really important to imagine how another actor/actress would have been in the role as nobody would ever get to know it for the own impression?

I definitely did that during Pathaan and Jawan. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I definitely did that during Pathaan and Jawan. 

Whatever floats your boat smiley36

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Lostsoul11

Bebo's stardom is responsible for the good opening. But shameless Sanon's PR will definitely try to take credit for the opening smiley29 Songs worked well too. TBMAUJ was completely hit because songs were able to generate hype. Both Shahid & Sanon are stardomless.

Not really. Bebo has had plenty of films that were heroine-centric flop. She's only proven to be a decent bet when she's in an ensemble cast. This is not Bebo's hit alone. Goodwill for Tabu, especially over the last few years, was equally as instrumental. And Kriti, whether you like it or not, has been on a career high. With so much positivity towards her robot movie and performance, it's not a shock that people would turn out for her as well. Pretending that Bebo is solely responsible for this opening is completely ignoring her past history and the full picture. 

I'm seeing PR already claim Kareena and Alia as the only bankable female stars which is hilariously laughable. It ignores Nutan, Nargis, Rekha, Hema, Sridevi, etc. not to mention the actresses still working steadily today. Somehow Dear Zindagi counts as an Alia-solo starrer (even though most people watched it for SRK) but Piku does not count for Deepika because of Big B and Irffan Khan. And Padmaavat doesn't count for Deepika either, even though all promotion was based on her. Sure Jan. 

All this proves to me, which some people on here won't be able to stomach, as that Bebo was the original Aloo. Subpar acting and dancing skills like Aloo but more easy on the eyes which is why, mixed with nostalgia, people are willing to excuse her. But she's just like her as seen by KJo and his PR pretending no other actress exists in comparison. Tabu and Kriti being erased for their equal achievements leaves a bad taste and makes me very reluctant to watch this film in theaters if my financial support for it is only going to be treated in the media like support for Bebo and not for the other two stars. Bebo and Aloo can deliver any subpar movie and PR will treat it like they're the most successful female actresses of all time so they clearly don't need my money (or anyone else's). Their movies can score anything and the media will declare them a hit, whether deserved or not (and most often not).

Elvis12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Not really. Bebo has had plenty of films that were heroine-centric flop. She's only proven to be a decent bet when she's in an ensemble cast. This is not Bebo's hit alone. Goodwill for Tabu, especially over the last few years, was equally as instrumental. And Kriti, whether you like it or not, has been on a career high. With so much positivity towards her robot movie and performance, it's not a shock that people would turn out for her as well. Pretending that Bebo is solely responsible for this opening is completely ignoring her past history and the full picture. 

I'm seeing PR already claim Kareena and Alia as the only bankable female stars which is hilariously laughable. It ignores Nutan, Nargis, Rekha, Hema, Sridevi, etc. not to mention the actresses still working steadily today. Somehow Dear Zindagi counts as an Alia-solo starrer (even though most people watched it for SRK) but Piku does not count for Deepika because of Big B and Irffan Khan. And Padmaavat doesn't count for Deepika either, even though all promotion was based on her. Sure Jan. 

All this proves to me, which some people on here won't be able to stomach, as that Bebo was the original Aloo. Subpar acting and dancing skills like Aloo but more easy on the eyes which is why, mixed with nostalgia, people are willing to excuse her. But she's just like her as seen by KJo and his PR pretending no other actress exists in comparison. Tabu and Kriti being erased for their equal achievements leaves a bad taste and makes me very reluctant to watch this film in theaters if my financial support for it is only going to be treated in the media like support for Bebo and not for the other two stars. Bebo and Aloo can deliver any subpar movie and PR will treat it like they're the most successful female actresses of all time so they clearly don't need my money (or anyone else's). Their movies can score anything and the media will declare them a hit, whether deserved or not (and most often not).

Exactly..Kareena has been a flop queen right through her early days..she is suddenly being advocated as a hit machine when she is not even in the running any more...

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

While I agree that Crew’s success is definitely shared between the 3 girls, tabu’s recent spike in popularity, Kriti’s career high, I think it’s ridiculous to DISCREDIT Kareena as not having any BO pull.

In 2012 Kareena’s Heroine opened over 7 crores, the highest opening for any heroine oriented movie up until that point.

She opened the Arjun Kapoor’s Ki and Ka to similar numbers and became a success.

And Veere Di wedding WAS marketed as Kareena’s film. Swara and Shikha were negligent and Sonam has never had any real pull, even Neerja opened to 4 crores but became a sleeper hit dude to content and being a great movie. 

To say Kareena is not a credible star is just delusional. I’ve been watching so many videos of the public reviews of crew, and most people mention they came for either tabu or kareena. 

Edited by desigal90 - 1 months ago