Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: cougarTown

Thats her best quality..itna talent but listen to her interviews..she is never going on and on about her techniques..or giving gyaan on how to act or do this or that which actresses half her calibre are normally doing..she is so grounded despite being so talented and having accomplished so much..

Totally agree.

I guess she is one of the very few pure souls from this industry.

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Tabu is wonderful. And before calling aish unemployed, let's remember PS and Nandini. It's a performance of a lifetime.

Rooting for these actresses to do more work and writers to write such roles.

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

I am. Only for her. And only for her watched BB2, not BB1. And I know a lot of people who did the same. What’s the point Shaitaan. smiley14

Same. Add Andhadhun, Haider, the namesake, Maqbool. In fact, thanks to her I got introduced to another gem of an actor who took a part of my heart with him when he passed away out of nowhere. 

OT, to prop up someone we don’t have to pull down another. There is place for everyone at the top. 

Edited by loginidran - 1 months ago
bollymolly thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I don't go with the quantity...Tabu is a wonderful actress who is part of many projects...But for me Aishwarya is the true definition of stardom...The whole PS series is based on her..She was the heart and soul of the movie..A powerful character. Imagine being the lead of a magnum opus at this age...Thats a different set of stardom. 

You can be a succeful supporting actress in many movies at this age...I don't think its such an unbelivable or an unattainable thing...

MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: cougarTown

Thats her best quality..itna talent but listen to her interviews..she is never going on and on about her techniques..or giving gyaan on how to act or do this or that which actresses half her calibre are normally doing..she is so grounded despite being so talented and having accomplished so much..

Tabu is a braveheart for doing roles which none of her contemporaries were even attempting. I salute her for that. 

But somehow for me, maybe I think I am too obsessed with Rani, I could never smile, laugh, cry and get moved by her performances. Her expressions always seem too serious , somehow she never lights up the screen.

Having said that, one cannot argue that She's the most versatile from her generation and doesn't hype herself falsely like Kareena does. I mean the films Tabu has done, Kareena can only dream of doing them yet the way Kareena's PR promotes her as versatile is laughable at the least.

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

As great as Tabu is… nobody is going to watch HER specifically. She just picks good films and delivers. For example - no one is going to watch Crew because of her  

This is because of the time period she debuted in - the 90s was the time looks triumphed over everything else. Also Tabu is a very stiff dancer, so she did not catch the early audience memory where everything was based off songs. 

There was another actress who did author backed roles and was a real superstar in the mass public sense -  Nutan, but she debuted at a different time. 

As an overall successful actress - those films are good because of her performance in them..she rarely choses projects that she cannot uplift on her own and if she does usually there's some personal connection involved. 

An example of an actress who picked good films but didn't uplift them (ie without her they could have still succeeded) is Sharmila Tagore. Tabu isn't in that category. People are going to the movies watch her performance in them but she does not have enough of a personal fanbase. 

As an overall "most successful actress in her 50s" race yes she would be there. If we are taking adjusted gross(es) Nutan would be 1st since she was an actual leading heroine with the masses. 

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MrChatVsNorway

Tabu is a braveheart for doing roles which none of her contemporaries were even attempting. I salute her for that. 

But somehow for me, maybe I think I am too obsessed with Rani, I could never smile, laugh, cry and get moved by her performances. Her expressions always seem too serious , somehow she never lights up the screen.

Having said that, one cannot argue that She's the most versatile from her generation and doesn't hype herself falsely like Kareena does. I mean the films Tabu has done, Kareena can only dream of doing them yet the way Kareena's PR promotes her as versatile is laughable at the least.

It is a good thing if other PRs are portraying their figures in the same path as Tabu. That means better author backed roles for older actresses in the future. 

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

This song will forever be my favorite song for many years ago. And Tabu does know how to dance, saw her in few songs where she is dancing good. We need more actresses like urmila, tabu and etc... to deliver great performance. 

https://youtu.be/6w3h9UEestE?si=08R3LsmnpZLPbWlc

https://youtu.be/-Ek-1LyYhfY?si=BgU3ZSqfTZFZrdVW

I am a fan of Kajol but Tabu and Ajay look so amazing together and they have great chemistry with each other.

https://youtube.com/shorts/Aow7MFmduHw?si=uSQLJHZWYQ_AmrR_

surajhere thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Not denying the fact that she is a good actress, It helps that she has a good friend like Ajay Devgn

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: surajhere

Not denying the fact that she is a good actress, It helps that she has a good friend like Ajay Devgn

It is good that Ajay is her friend but most of the movies she received awards and got critical acclaim in her career does NOT have ajay in it