Views

Users

Frequent Posters

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: Bodhianveshika

@bold:

Kids grow up with terrible issues due to neglect and abuse. That's it. Geography has nothing to with this.

There is no empirical evidence that kids where such "laws" are enforceable or actually enforced grow up to be happy kids.

True many other factors are involved in kid happiness 

But what i am saying is if my parents are hitting me abusing me now and than in USA i can call a police and they will arive in 5 mins 

But in india(or asia or some other countries) you cannot dare call police against your parents or siblings or husband etc 

First police will say this is family issue resolve among yourself and send me off, they do not take parental abuse family abuse seriously at all 

I agree with you just because in USA laws say if parents abuse kids must go to child care service or foster cares. That does not mean such kids will grow up happy. 

But atleast the kid will not be hit,abused by family member any more

Staying in abusive family with parents or grand parents or unkle auntys impacts health a lot and it causes lot of issues growing up as kid. 

Any elder abusing is taken lighltly in india be it mother, father, uncle, aunty, siblings or teachers etc any elders its not taken seriouly by anyone. So kid who goes through suffers a lot 

Edited by myviewprem - 1 months ago
Bodhianveshika thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: myviewprem

True many other factors are involved in kid happiness 

But what i am saying is if my parents are hitting me abusing me now and than in USA i can call a police and they will arive in 5 mins 

But in india(or asia or some other countries) you cannot dare call police against your parents or siblings or husband etc 

First police will say this is family issue resolve among yourself and send me off, they do not take parental abuse family abuse seriously at all 

I agree with you just because in USA laws say if parents abuse kids must go to child care service or foster cares. That does not mean such kids will grow up happy. 

But atleast the kid will not be hit,abused by family member any more

Staying in abusive family with parents or grand parents or unkle auntys impacts health a lot and it causes lot of issues growing up as kid. 

Any elder abusing is taken lighltly in india be it mother, father, uncle, aunty, siblings or teachers etc any elders its not taken seriouly by anyone. So kid who goes through suffers a lot 

First of ALL parenting techniques are very different in different parts of the globe. It has got to do with a culture of the place.

Again, there can NOT be blanket statements for Anything or ANY country. There is No golden standard.

There is a saying, "spare the rod and spoil the child". Not ALL action is an abuse.

There is VAST difference in disciplining children and Abusing them.

There are strict disciplinary actions in various fields such as military, law enforcement even heavy engineering, etc.

Does that imply abuse?

Both the parents and children should know the difference between that and should be sensitized. Societies today are evolving to spread awareness and enforce actions.

So, if we have a Dear Zindagi and Highway on one side, there are examples (2 specific examples):

1. The Winds

https://youtu.be/2-esjDFasPs?si=f4ylJsZMrRqAbnaW

2. Classic case of: Mrs. Chatterjee vs Norway

myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bodhianveshika

First of ALL parenting techniques are very different in different parts of the globe. It has got to do with a culture of the place.

Again, there can NOT be blanket statements for Anything or ANY country. There is No golden standard.

There is a saying, "spare the rod and spoil the child". Not ALL action is an abuse.

There is VAST difference in disciplining children and Abusing them.

There are strict disciplinary actions in various fields such as military, law enforcement even heavy engineering, etc.

Does that imply abuse?

Both the parents and children should know the difference between that and should be sensitized. Societies today are evolving to spread awareness and enforce actions.

So, if we have a Dear Zindagi and Highway on one side, there are examples (2 specific examples):

1. The Winds

https://youtu.be/2-esjDFasPs?si=f4ylJsZMrRqAbnaW

2. Classic case of: Mrs. Chatterjee vs Norway

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/corporal-punishment-and-health 

I am saying that only how some countries upbringing kids by hitting them are not right. See all are hit as kids in school and college and by parents in some cultures. So no one born there should have been telling lies or stealing or killing or raping has every bad thing stopped. To change a human mind or a kidd whose bad their mind you cannot change by punishment at all. Than all who get punished by law,  criminals should have come out and become good or saintly. But no thats not how life works.  

Spare the rod and spoil the child is old ways of upbringing. Not all kids become good and great for hitting them punishing them as kids. Those who are bad by default will remain bad unless some incident changes them. They are helpless keep that hatred in their heart and once big remove that anger on others.

Hitting a child has many health issues in future both mental health and physical health of child once they are big (read above link)

I have seen very naughty kids and bad kids who were hit black and blue by teachers or parents, they never changed much after big. They were as bad as bully as manipulative once adults as they were as kids. Its a myth that corporal punishment or slapping you kids makes him better human no not really.  

Those who are bad are not bad because they were never punished or stopped by their parents or teachers thats a myth. There are many reasons why a person turns out bad, i have seen best of parents have worst of kids actually. Ulta also happens worst of parents have best of kids. Like samar his full house was criminal hes only decent human at home so all targeted him as hes innocent  

Even in office not all employees take credit for others work not all bosses are toxic and treat employees like slaves.

Edited by myviewprem - 1 months ago
--Ruchi-- thumbnail

No I don't agree with the topic maker as Anuj clearly said that he is not marrying Shruti because of her past favours, he said that Shruti is important to both of them. 

Obviously as he loves Anupama he can't love Shruti but that does not mean that he just want her to be a nanny for Aadhya. Aadhya does not need a nanny, she needs a caring and loving mother.

Muskie thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Trollbaaz

Copy pasted definition from Google babasmiley16

Nannies give your child one-on-one attention and attend to all of their physical, social, and emotional needs, and they're generally more flexible than, say, a daycare center. They also expose your children to fewer germs, which is a concern for some parents

Aisa toh kuch nahi kiya anupama se adhya k liye 3 saal tak, na hi shruti ne kiya. 

Agar anuj ko NANNY hi chaahiye the toh woh Nanny rakh leta, shah's ki tarah kanjaal thodi thasmiley36

Simple if he wanted it he could bring it with the snap of his fingers that too the best in town

Haan piche 26 years me anupama toshu, samar aur pakhi ki NANNY thi aur sare adults ki MAID

Bodhianveshika thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: myviewprem

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/corporal-punishment-and-health 

I am saying that only how some countries upbringing kids by hitting them are not right. See all are hit as kids in school and college and by parents in some cultures. So no one born there should have been telling lies or stealing or killing or raping has every bad thing stopped. To change a human mind or a kidd whose bad their mind you cannot change by punishment at all. Than all who get punished by law,  criminals should have come out and become good or saintly. But no thats not how life works.  

Spare the rod and spoil the child is old ways of upbringing. Not all kids become good and great for hitting them punishing them as kids. Those who are bad by default will remain bad unless some incident changes them. They are helpless keep that hatred in their heart and once big remove that anger on others.

Hitting a child has many health issues in future both mental health and physical health of child once they are big (read above link)

I have seen very naughty kids and bad kids who were hit black and blue by teachers or parents, they never changed much after big. They were as bad as bully as manipulative once adults as they were as kids. Its a myth that corporal punishment or slapping you kids makes him better human no not really.  

Those who are bad are not bad because they were never punished or stopped by their parents or teachers thats a myth. There are many reasons why a person turns out bad, i have seen best of parents have worst of kids actually. Ulta also happens worst of parents have best of kids. Like samar his full house was criminal hes only decent human at home so all targeted him as hes innocent  

Even in office not all employees take credit for others work not all bosses are toxic and treat employees like slaves.

The law, by definition, is to protect the last person and the weakest, the most horrible of cases. Most cases are NOT extreme.

It is a fact, until there is a fear of consequences or compulsion, people do NOT behave.

Respect towards others, things, resources is required to be ingrained. It is human nature to try something one is told NOT to do. So how does one control people from not doing it? People are made aware of the consequences. Examples and precedence are set by punishing the wrongdoers do that others don't do the same.

This happens at both the macro level by virtue of law enforcement and at a micro level in homes by parents.

That said, the bottomline is, parents need to know when to draw the line and children need to be sensitized on such issues so that they dont fall prey to abuse.

Again, NOTHING is "this" or "that" hence each case is dealt with on its merit.

**Added Later**

Haven't there been instances where  it was felt that had Paritosh and Pakhi were dealt with an iron hand in childhood, it would have been better. Same goes for Ansh, that since there is no strictness and he is pampered without a direction, he will turn out like the anmol ratna?

Edited by Bodhianveshika - 1 months ago
ShahH8er thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Trollbaaz

Originally posted by: Harish111

OP just posts different topics from reddit and Twitter so that we can have a good discussion. They are not necessarily their view which is why the topics often contradict each other.

Tnere is nothing wrong with that.

Where are the credits or links to the source? 

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Harish111

There is nothing wrong with a father wanting the best for his daughter. I don't know why people think it's wrong. I can give my life for my little daughter and her happiness. That's how real parents are, they will do anything for their kids and their lives revolve around little kids. Not like Anupama who abandons a  kid and runs away. 

smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37